NEARLY HOMELESS

Find how to get help with rent
6JRJWSJ
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

NEARLY HOMELESS

Post by 6JRJWSJ »

Shreveport, LA resident in desperate need of help with rent, hours cut on job, 5 children, facing eviction.......looking for any suggestions. Everything I have tried has been a dead end street.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: NEARLY HOMELESS

Post by Admin »

Find our Caddo Parish and Shreveport rent and housing assistance programs. Some may offer funds to prevent eviction. More on Caddo Parish. Call non-profit agencies like the CADDO Community Action Agency (phone number (318) 861-4808). They may have some emergency rental programs, and offer referrals too.
6JRJWSJ wrote:Shreveport, LA resident in desperate need of help with rent, hours cut on job, 5 children, facing eviction.......looking for any suggestions. Everything I have tried has been a dead end street.
Verlanders

Post by Verlanders »

Hi I am a 33 year old single parent with five children. I am stressed out as my 6 year old daughter was shot then I had hit evicted out my apartment. I am now living in a another apartment.

My rent is due between the 1st and 5 the of this week. I really can't afford to get put out already. I can't go to work just yet because I just had my fifth baby 2 weeks ago. My rent is 695.00$ I really need help with it or I will be back homeless I really don’t want to get evicted I worry everyday and cry because I don’t know how I am going to pay my bills and take care of five children with little income. Please get back with me at ASAP. I would truly appreciate the help in any way. Please let me know something soon and thanks
Cuse

Post by Cuse »

I am currently unemployed with a 10 week old baby, her father and I are together, but he did not attend college and only makes $11.00 an hour. My landlord told me yesterday that starting in January they will be raising my rent $300.00. I can't pay that and will be homeless! My life is falling apart!
I have attended college and received my bachelors degree in Health Care Administration, in addition to many certifications! Sadly to now I am still finding it hard to find a job and may be nearly homeless! I am looking and have applied to dozens. I just need something I can do in the mean time to help my family survive.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Sounds like you need to move. Is there any clause in your lease that limits the annual rent increase, as maybe $300 is outside that limit. As far as other programs for rent help in Midland County, there are a few organizations to try. Maybe they can help you so you do not go homeless. But it also sounds like your partner needs to get some skills for a higher paying job too.
Tiesto

Post by Tiesto »

Married 27 years. My husband had severe stroke and was put on life support. Four days later he made decision to pull his life support. He was our breadwinner. On January 4th I am now homeless and have nowhere to go. I am filing for SSI a disability papers and veterans benefits all in process until then I have nothing and no shelter seems to take me. I have arthritis. I move slow, use back and hands. I do not work and was a housewife most my life.