HUD Section 8

Find how to get help with rent
Beaglelover
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

HUD Section 8

Post by Beaglelover »

I called HUD of MI and have spoke with Dhs Mi. They haven't and are not doing section 8 in Mi and the waiting list is closed and I was told they haven't had it opened or gave out any help in 3yrs. I went on Mi.GOV but they still have it listed as there main resource for assisting in rent and vouchers but when I called was told no help will be offered that I'm on my own. What am I to do I just got divorced from a 9yr marriage where my Ex left us with nothing. Court has ordered me out of my house within 90 days of divorce...So im with a 9yr old and his dog told the help I can get. is only if im homeless for 30 days living on the street or in my car with my son in witch Child protection services would take from me if im living on the street or in my car. Thats what I was told by the state of Mi.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: HUD Section 8

Post by Admin »

Did you speak to your attorney about that? The court can't put you into a position to be homeless. Even if significant other gets the home during divorce, then you should be "bought" out of your half of home ownership. So you should get cash from it, which can be used to pay rent. Something sounds very wrong here. Maybe you need to look into the Free Michigan legal aid programs and advice.
Beaglelover wrote:I called HUD of MI and have spoke with Dhs Mi. They haven't and are not doing section 8 in Mi and the waiting list is closed and I was told they haven't had it opened or gave out any help in 3yrs. I went on Mi.GOV but they still have it listed as there main resource for assisting in rent and vouchers but when I called was told no help will be offered that I'm on my own. What am I to do I just got divorced from a 9yr marriage where my Ex left us with nothing. Court has ordered me out of my house within 90 days of divorce...So im with a 9yr old and his dog told the help I can get. is only if im homeless for 30 days living on the street or in my car with my son in witch Child protection services would take from me if im living on the street or in my car. Thats what I was told by the state of Mi.
Flow

Post by Flow »

I am homeless and I got approved for section 8 vouchers from the state of Georgia but I have to pay a 50 dollar deposit to my landlord and also a 60 dollar activation fee for Georgia power to get my power on. I really need help and will work if giving the chance. I have no were to stay and really want this apartment but just need all together 110 for Georgia power deposit and my landlord so that I can get moved into the place.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We are not sure if section 8 pays for electric deposits in Georgia. But you can call around. Read about and get details on Georgia section 8 housing vouchers. Find phone numbers for agencies like Atlanta housing authority, dial (404) 892-4700.
Flow wrote:I am homeless and I got approved for section 8 vouchers from the state of Georgia but I have to pay a 50 dollar deposit to my landlord and also a 60 dollar activation fee for Georgia power to get my power on. I really need help and will work if giving the chance. I have no were to stay and really want this apartment but just need all together 110 for Georgia power deposit and my landlord so that I can get moved into the place.
Goldman

Post by Goldman »

I need assistance immediately with my rent. I am disabled. I receive ssi. Ive applied for section 8 in my city(Modesto, California.). It won't be looked at for at least 6 more months. I used to live in Los Angeles, CA. where i rented a apartment and I was only paying 84.00 a month rent. I don't know the program that the manager put me on there. I am in a different apartment now that accepts rental programs for low income. Im paying 695.00 a month right now and am only receiving 854.00 a month from ssi. I dont have enough money left for food and all my other expenses. Im now getting in debt by getting small loans to cover my bills. I need help a.s.a.p. please help
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well there are a number of section 8 HUD agencies in California. So if you had a bad experience with one manager from one company, just call another and apply. $695 is expensive, but rent in California is not cheap, especially Modesto and Los Angeles. So try this for other California section 8 housing programs, and call a different PHA that administer the service.
Goldman wrote:I need assistance immediately with my rent. I am disabled. I receive ssi. Ive applied for section 8 in my city(Modesto, California.). It won't be looked at for at least 6 more months. I used to live in Los Angeles, CA. where i rented a apartment and I was only paying 84.00 a month rent. I don't know the program that the manager put me on there. I am in a different apartment now that accepts rental programs for low income. Im paying 695.00 a month right now and am only receiving 854.00 a month from ssi. I dont have enough money left for food and all my other expenses. Im now getting in debt by getting small loans to cover my bills. I need help a.s.a.p. please help
Sterner

Post by Sterner »

I need a 2nd chance. I really made the mistake of letting the father of my 2 youngest children move in while I was on housing. I currently get section 8 vouchers here in Bakersfield CA. I tried adding him on the lease, he was denied cause of his background. He committed a crime that was over 10 years ago. We been separated for almost a year, he now lives with another young girl & i am struggling a little bit & am begging for a second chance please I really hope to hear from someone asap. God bless.
D Sullivan

Post by D Sullivan »

I am a single mom of two. I aim without transportation and my health is poor and i have been unable to work. i do receive hud rental assistance which has always covered my entire rent of 550.00. Recently our local HUD office in Cincinnati changed its entire staff,changing and even creating new policies all together in the program. Thus being said i am now responsible for 228 of the total 550 monthly rent.. I have not been able to make the payments as recently expected, falling now 3 and approaching 4 months delinquent. As of now i am behind 684.00 and soon to be another 228.00 added to that is their any help that i might qualify for?
Redwoddswer

Post by Redwoddswer »

Have to be out my home before the November the 2nd and I don't have anywhere for me and my kids to go. Have a job but can't afford the first month’s rent and deposit on a new place. My current landlord eviction me due to a broken door a fake me and my kids 30 days to get out. I'm a single hard working mom of three wonderful kids an can’t afford it in such short notice an I'm also in threat I'd loosening my section 8 housing which helps me out a lot. So if you can help pleases let me know, I have less than two weeks and have no we're for me and my kids to go. Thanks for taking the time out to listen to me.
Mondavi

Post by Mondavi »

Right now I have a house through section 8. This year my rent went up way too much. I have a 7 year old son, I'm on disability and trying to go to school. I can't make it on my own anymore. I feel like a complete failure and don't ask for help much. But I've now reached my breaking point and I'm losing everything. Please help.
Carla

Post by Carla »

Section 8 housing choice voucher. I’m in HUD subsidized housing now. I need my caregiver to now live with me. Due to health they've denied her application... So I have to move to have the care... Which I can't afford... But I have no choice... Because of their rule. Which is not Federal guidelines rules... I'm asking for HUD voucher like is here with building to take with me. So I can afford to live and have my live in: home-care... I don't understand the problem... people do it all the time. I did home-care before my job before I became disabled... They're choosing their own rules here... thank you for listening. Hopefully you'll look into section 8 HUD voucher and I qualify for a voucher.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are various HUD programs, including section 8 housing choice vouchers. There are also no wait list homes and properties, private townhomes, HUD home buying services and more. Look here for HUD housing with no waiting list.