Rent help from county office

Find how to get help with rent
Zuck1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Rent help from county office

Post by Zuck1 »

I recently went to the local Miami Dade County Community Service Department for assistance with rent on a 3-day notice. I was told by the department (after waiting
3 hours) that I needed proof that I had enough income to pay my bills. This does not make sense. I am unemployed and if I had the income to pay my bills, I would
NOT be sitting in a county office for 3 hours just to be turned away. What is the point of this program if it really doesn't help people? I have always worked and always paid my rent on time. I just needed help this one time and I had false hope of help. How depressing as now I am being evicted. These county offices need to better educate whoever answers the phone as I was given false information and told I could get help and to come to their offices @ 7:30 a.m. but this was a farce and waste of time. What surprised me more was the county employee I interviewed with had Jesus and God stuff all over her office but realistically she could have cared less about me. It seemed a bit hypocritical! I have worked all my life and never have been in this position and you would think a little help would be provided by the county government. I know writing this e-mail will be ignored and shrugged off as just another disgruntled citizen facing eviction - big deal huh? What is the point of these programs if they don't help people?
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Rent help from county office

Post by Admin »

That does in fact make some sense. Most agencies will not pay out money for rent unless people have some type of income coming in, or the hope for it to start in the very near future. They do this as funding is limited, and the rent assistance is not meant to be an ongoing charity program. There needs to be an end date. I hope that makes sense. Now not saying whether right or wrong, but that is usually what happens. Find more Miami Dade assistance programs, like Miami Beach Housing Authority on the page referenced.
Zuck1 wrote:I recently went to the local Miami Dade County Community Service Department for assistance with rent on a 3-day notice. I was told by the department (after waiting
3 hours) that I needed proof that I had enough income to pay my bills. This does not make sense. I am unemployed and if I had the income to pay my bills, I would
NOT be sitting in a county office for 3 hours just to be turned away. What is the point of this program if it really doesn't help people? I have always worked and always paid my rent on time. I just needed help this one time and I had false hope of help. How depressing as now I am being evicted. These county offices need to better educate whoever answers the phone as I was given false information and told I could get help and to come to their offices @ 7:30 a.m. but this was a farce and waste of time. What surprised me more was the county employee I interviewed with had Jesus and God stuff all over her office but realistically she could have cared less about me. It seemed a bit hypocritical! I have worked all my life and never have been in this position and you would think a little help would be provided by the county government. I know writing this e-mail will be ignored and shrugged off as just another disgruntled citizen facing eviction - big deal huh? What is the point of these programs if they don't help people?
Nomura12

Post by Nomura12 »

Hello I am a mother of 3 children ages 17 15 and 13 we have been struggling for years both me and my husband get disability and can't afford to pay our rent along with our other bills. the county section 8 is closed and we are in desperate need for once I want my children not to worry where the next dollar is coming from or worried they are going to be homeless. I need some type of program that we can apply for please someone help us with this. We have been struggling for years and I want to be able to rest my head at night knowing my children are safe and secure. Thank you
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Are you on the waiting list for section 8 rent assistance If you need information on programs, then use this for rent assistance. The government does have a special program for the disabled too. It is similar to section 8 housing in that vouchers can be offered to disabled for rent and housing expenses. So ask your local social services office about that option too.
Nomura12 wrote:Hello I am a mother of 3 children ages 17 15 and 13 we have been struggling for years both me and my husband get disability and can't afford to pay our rent along with our other bills. the county section 8 is closed and we are in desperate need for once I want my children not to worry where the next dollar is coming from or worried they are going to be homeless. I need some type of program that we can apply for please someone help us with this. We have been struggling for years and I want to be able to rest my head at night knowing my children are safe and secure. Thank you
Peppermint

Post by Peppermint »

Hello
I was looking through your web site for help for my daughter, husband and 2 kids. She works at a beauty salon and her income is very low. Her husband is out of work. She is $2500.00 behind in her rent. I was helping her for awhile but I got sick. I looked at the options on the site but she got some help from the township and its limited .She lives in Gary Indiana. I was hoping you may have some ideas , I lost my house a few years ago and now live in an apt. otherwise I would take them in . I was even thinking of finding another place to rent that was big enough that for all of us ,I didn't mention it, is just me and my wife in our current apt. I guess at this point I'm just venting , but maybe you might have some ideas or directions we could take . Thanks in advance for reading this and any advice you may have.
Reiner

Post by Reiner »

I work for residential pest control company in Santa Ana California as a sales man however due to all of the rain we experienced over the last month it drastically effected my pay. I made about 1500 less this month than im used to making, my job is a pure commission job and really need assistance to pay my rent as i have me my wife and 3 kids one of whom is autistic special needs. Please i really need the help to provide for my family.
Kalarahi

Post by Kalarahi »

My landlord in Indianapolis is upping my rent 120.00 a month to 1000.00. I can not afford to move due to the move in costs and my boyfriend is currently looking for work but has not had any success yet. We are needing some assistance until we can get back on our feet. I am also looking into filling for bankruptcy to help get my financial situation in order but until I do I am running out of stuff to sell and things to eliminate from the household. Please any help that you can offer will be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for your time today.
GoGetters

Post by GoGetters »

Hello, I have had a hard summer. I lost my job after 3 years. And then a few weeks later lost my mother in WA. I came back and got another job but it was 36 miles away. I don’t have a dependable car and I was having a lot of anxiety after losing my mother. Then my father past away also. I was unable to continue to work and am having problems paying my rent. I'm a mother of 4 but only 2 children at home. I have an ex husband but he lives and works in Denver. He has been helping with food and utilities. But now needing help with rent, and local county government can't help. I have not been able to find another job. Been trying very hard. If you could please help that would be a blessing.
Leesman

Post by Leesman »

We have been approved for rental assistance from FEMA as we had to relocate from our home during Hurricane Irene. In spite of follow up FEMA has not paid us our rental assistance since Dec 2011 -- we managed to pay with our own resources but now we cannot and we are being evicted. Is there any NJ Emergency Help?
Diego

Post by Diego »

My Mother Passed away with lung cancer. She was 70 years old. At that time she had virtually no income. As result My Sister and I made sure that she was being took care of(rent, utilities, food among many other things that she needed on a daily basis. My sister, and I both work as well, but it took a financially.

She was an amazing woman, and even better mother. As result of this we had to bury her (10,000) dollars, I have been able to somewhat pay bills as I desperately help with my rent, and I am 550.00 dollars behind. The county did not help with burial costs. I need some peace of mind. Everything mentioned can be verified upon request. Thanks for your help.
Almost fell

Post by Almost fell »

Good Day.
Right now I am going through a temporary crisis. I have fallen behind on my rent. I need help paying $2073. My monthly rent was $1,329 monthly and then my daughter lost her unemployment benefits and is currently without income. She gave birth to her first child in July. After a rent change it brought my rent down to $891. I was never notified from the Section 8 agency what my portion of the rent was.
The landlord notified me and he gave me the wrong amount. I made a payment of $600 and then I received a letter from the landlord stating my portion was $891 not $600. I received this notification in June. I have now received a 14 day notice and fear going to court. I am tired of fighting. Can someone help me so that myself, my daughter and my new granddaughter do not become homeless. I am a working 53 year old woman and need just a little helping hand.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

No way you will ever get $2073 for your rent from an agency in Lowell or the county office. Also, the landlord is under no obligation to notify you or the amount. You are 100% responsible for paying on your own, when it is due. So if your power bill gets lost in the mail, are you implying you do not need to pay it? Or if any bill gets lost, using your logic would say you do not need to pay it as you were not "notified". Well that is 100% wrong. So do not tell that to an agency when applying for rental assistance in Lowell.
Almost fell wrote:Good Day.
Right now I am going through a temporary crisis. I have fallen behind on my rent. I need help paying $2073.