help with rent for a working single parent

Find how to get help with rent
mom2nvb
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

help with rent for a working single parent

Post by mom2nvb »

I am a working single mother of 3 teenagers, do not get assistance of any kind and was just served an eviction by my landlord. My rent is $700/month. I had to pay an extremely high electric bill in order to keep my power from being disconnected along with an additional deposit, which caused me to not have money for my rent.
I only make $8/hr and am supporting myself and my children . Is there anyone that I can get help paying my rent so that I can resolve this 3day eviction?...I live in volusia county, Florida
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: help with rent for a working single parent

Post by Admin »

Why is the electric bill extremely high? Cut back on power use. Turn off lights, down air conditioning, etc. In addition read more on Volusia County rent and electric bill programs and agencies. Many do focus on people with kids, so the teenagers may qualify you. There are agencies like the Mid Florida Community Services, Inc.
mom2nvb wrote:I am a working single mother of 3 teenagers, do not get assistance of any kind and was just served an eviction by my landlord. My rent is $700/month. I had to pay an extremely high electric bill in order to keep my power from being disconnected along with an additional deposit, which caused me to not have money for my rent.
I only make $8/hr and am supporting myself and my children . Is there anyone that I can get help paying my rent so that I can resolve this 3day eviction?...I live in volusia county, Florida
Fisherman

Post by Fisherman »

I need help on finding affordable low income housing in Belmont County, near St. Clairsville..as I am about to be homeless again when my child support is caught up(living with a friend and their family at the moment)i am doing my best to do what i am suppose to do to get my daughter back in my life..i have a job and my child support comes out of that..i need to be close to my job as possible as i have no transportation and I have a son that I am trying to raise and take care of too. I would appreciate any help or suggestions you may have...thanks
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We think Belmont County is in Illinois, but since you didn't post the state please correct us if wrong. Keep living with your family until you can save some money for yourself, and use those savings to pay your rent, deposits, and housing. You can even use some money to pay for the needs of your daughter too. Also check into government aid in the state, and find more Illinois public assistance programs here. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/ill ... tance.html And keep working at that job and saving!
Fisherman wrote:I need help on finding affordable low income housing in Belmont County, near St. Clairsville..as I am about to be homeless again when my child support is caught up(living with a friend and their family at the moment)i am doing my best to do what i am suppose to do to get my daughter back in my life..i have a job and my child support comes out of that..i need to be close to my job as possible as i have no transportation and I have a son that I am trying to raise and take care of too. I would appreciate any help or suggestions you may have...thanks
ceueller

Post by ceueller »

I’m a single mother, and I was hurt at work, and have been off since last year. I work for a school district here in Arizona. I’m going back to work, but first pay is a month out. But August rent is due before the 3rd of every month. I’m am in need of help paying the rent for me and my daughter. Among other needs, power, food and just every day items. I would greatly appreciate if there was a way I could find out about getting the help. Its been a rough start of the year, and working on helping my daughter cope with every thing that’s happened. Thank you.
Terty

Post by Terty »

I’m an 18 year soon to be single mother who has about 3 months left. I am in need of rental assistance because I have a week to come up with $200 for rent. I have no job and is still attending school. I am also in need of transportation. I just used up the last time had left on my monthly bus pass and have no way to acquire another. If there is any way you can help with a single parent it will be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.
Hornet

Post by Hornet »

I've had three surgeries on my foot since March, I cannot be on my feet yet. I've been out of work since June and am a single mom. They denied unemployment. I got August rent covered by my children. I won’t have Septembers.
I paid a little on electric with help from my mom, but I owe $600+, past due $345 due 8/31 and don't have anything available to pay them. I desperately need some help for me and my child. I don't know how to do this. I am used to being self-sufficient that this is very hard, but I need to have somewhere to live. Any thing anyone can help with is very much appreciated.