Low income housing from section 8

Find how to get help with rent
Sweetie
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Low income housing from section 8

Post by Sweetie »

Good Morning,
I was recently granted a voucher for a four bedroom property, from Section 8, within the Tulsa, Oklahoma area, or surrounding cities. I am a divorced, mother of two kids, and since May 15, 2008, been without full time employment, following an attempt to surgically correct cervical disc that had ruptured from C4-5 & C5-6, past the foramina region, compressing the spinal cord. While I was only, 31 years of age, I had months prior been hospitalized for thoracic outlet syndrome, that required emergent removal of the left first rib, knowing the physician would need to remove the right first rib, weeks later due to complete occlusion the the subclavian artery, caused in part by the clavical and first ribs compressing the arteries, even when my arms were in a neutral position. Following each rib removal, my lung on the side surgery was preformed, collapsed requiring chest tubes, and staying in the hospital for a week, per procedure. I include these details, only because I immediately returned to work. In April of 2008, my employer would not allow me to return to my rightful position as a multi family home, property manger, due to the minimal restrictions my surgeon included on my release to return to work. I was terminated, due to being regarded as disabled, "a risk & liability," are the words the management company officials, admitted to have verbally spoken to me, and they testified to this under oath, as I filed with the EEOC & brought a lawsuit against them, for wrongful termination. All I wanted to do was return to do my job, a job I was successful at, during my employment with this company. Since that time, I was required to move from my apartment home, although I lived on site one year prior to my employment. The procedure done by Dr. Paul Francel, has not fused, and in fact, has become far worse than before having two cage style plates, a rod and six screws, placed in hopes of providing stability to the spine.The last imaging I had preformed, the radiologist recommended an mri, since I did not have health insurance, the recommended imaging was not ordered by the physician treating me, following an automobile accident that the vehicle I was in, was totaled out by the insurance company. I essentially, lost the apartment home my children and I called home for two years, my job, health insurance, credit damaged, I voluntarily surrendered my vehicle back to the bank, as I was not receiving any income and had no source of funds to pay my lender, per the purchase agreement. In Oklahoma, section 8 applications for low income housing are no longer available, since my application was submitted in 2007, I was just approved for a home, but I am lacking the required security deposit, to obtain my own home once again. I am hoping you can direct me toward securing a property, that my children will be able to call home!
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Low income housing from section 8

Post by Admin »

When you received the section 8 voucher in Tulsa, call the agency that gave you the grant and ask about a security deposit. If the program can't give you the funds for it, they should definitely have ideas on who exactly you can call for move is assistance, first months rent, and funds for the deposit. Find the Oklahoma housing program here. The main agency for the state is on Oklahoma City, and the phone number is (405) 239-7551. Basically the section 8 program is all include and thousands of people receive rent, counseling, deposits, and access to low income housing every year in Oklahoma.
Sweetie wrote:Good Morning,
I was recently granted a voucher for a four bedroom property, from Section 8, within the Tulsa, Oklahoma area, or surrounding cities. I am a divorced, mother of two kids, and since May 15, 2008, been without full time employment, following an attempt to surgically correct cervical disc that had ruptured from C4-5 & C5-6, past the foramina region, compressing the spinal cord. While I was only, 31 years of age, I had months prior been hospitalized for thoracic outlet syndrome, that required emergent removal of the left first rib, knowing the physician would need to remove the right first rib, weeks later due to complete occlusion the the subclavian artery, caused in part by the clavical and first ribs compressing the arteries, even when my arms were in a neutral position. Following each rib removal, my lung on the side surgery was preformed, collapsed requiring chest tubes, and staying in the hospital for a week, per procedure. I include these details, only because I immediately returned to work. In April of 2008, my employer would not allow me to return to my rightful position as a multi family home, property manger, due to the minimal restrictions my surgeon included on my release to return to work. I was terminated, due to being regarded as disabled, "a risk & liability," are the words the management company officials, admitted to have verbally spoken to me, and they testified to this under oath, as I filed with the EEOC & brought a lawsuit against them, for wrongful termination. All I wanted to do was return to do my job, a job I was successful at, during my employment with this company. Since that time, I was required to move from my apartment home, although I lived on site one year prior to my employment. The procedure done by Dr. Paul Francel, has not fused, and in fact, has become far worse than before having two cage style plates, a rod and six screws, placed in hopes of providing stability to the spine.The last imaging I had preformed, the radiologist recommended an mri, since I did not have health insurance, the recommended imaging was not ordered by the physician treating me, following an automobile accident that the vehicle I was in, was totaled out by the insurance company. I essentially, lost the apartment home my children and I called home for two years, my job, health insurance, credit damaged, I voluntarily surrendered my vehicle back to the bank, as I was not receiving any income and had no source of funds to pay my lender, per the purchase agreement. In Oklahoma, section 8 applications for low income housing are no longer available, since my application was submitted in 2007, I was just approved for a home, but I am lacking the required security deposit, to obtain my own home once again. I am hoping you can direct me toward securing a property, that my children will be able to call home!
Malden

Post by Malden »

I have been unemployed for several years, have zero income, get food stamps and am in the process of getting hired for a job finally. My car has 200,000 miles on it
and is in dire need of shocks, struts and brakes. Is there anyone that can help me get my car repaired so I can get to this job? Also we are in section 8, me and my husband is disabled, we have one daughter 12 years old in high school, we like to move to a new apartment and the problem is how to pay the deposit for house, we can afford to pay our portion of the rent because section 8 pay the other part, but still the deposit, I hope you help me to know any place or phone to call to help me to pay the deposit for any house closer to my new job and thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We think some section 8 agencies may have supplemental funds for paying deposits too. If they can't offer it from the government, they may have a separate program. Call around. Congrats on getting a job. Maybe try local church or Salvation Army for information on car repairs.
Find more on section 8 http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/sec ... using.html
Malden wrote:I have been unemployed for several years, have zero income, get food stamps and am in the process of getting hired for a job finally. My car has 200,000 miles on it
and is in dire need of shocks, struts and brakes. Is there anyone that can help me get my car repaired so I can get to this job? Also we are in section 8, me and my husband is disabled, we have one daughter 12 years old in high school, we like to move to a new apartment and the problem is how to pay the deposit for house, we can afford to pay our portion of the rent because section 8 pay the other part, but still the deposit, I hope you help me to know any place or phone to call to help me to pay the deposit for any house closer to my new job and thank you.
Car_Guy

Post by Car_Guy »

I received my section 8 vouchers, but I was trying to stay in the apartment that I already reside in but they weren't willing to extend my voucher until December 6 in which I would turn 55. Not able to continue staying in where I already live had to look for an apartment somewhere else. I found a place but it’s going to cost me $625.00 deposit just to move in and if the paper work doesn’t get in on a certain time I would have to come up with the 765 plus the 625 deposit. My income is only 849 a month. I don't want to lose my section 8 because it will help me out in the years to come. Currently I'm staying in a disabled apartment and I only pay 724 a month, but as you can see I barely have money to pay my bills and eat. Please only ask for the deposit on the apartment that I'm trying to rent or whatever it is that you can do for me, thanks and GOD bless.
Federal hill

Post by Federal hill »

I'm a single mom of two kids. My 2 year old has autism so I'm currently at home with her and have very low income. I get her disability benefits and food stamps. I’m behind on my rent and on my utility bill I am looking for a little help so that me and my kids don't become homeless. I don't know where to go for help any information will be greatly appreciated. I am on the section 8 + housing list.
Sorkin

Post by Sorkin »

I am of section 8 already and I lost my job 6/25/13. Section 8 says my rent won't change until 12/1/13. I have already received my one time help from DHS with my deposit. I have applied for and been approved for unemployment. I haven't receive it and was told I will only get one week worth on my 1st check. My landlord is not willing to work with me and will not accept a partial payment. She said she will serve me with a 10 day notice to vacate. I'm a single mom of 3 kids and I'm desperate for help. Can you please help me in anyway. I don't have any family here and don't want to lose me section 8. Please help me in any way you can. Thank you
Rippenea

Post by Rippenea »

I’m thirty one years old. I’m on the right path of raising my four year old son. I’m a full time assistant at Wal Mart and I have a job. But unfortunately my son and I don’t have a stable home.
We've moved back and forth between friends and family since his birth. I no longer have anywhere to go. I’m asking for assistance in getting a low income apartment in Mabketon Georgia or a section 8 voucher. I have means to pay but I cant afford the security deposit or even know where to move where I can afford the rent alone. I hate having to move every few months with my son and now we've ran out of places to go. Please help me so I can help myself.
Larryfitch

Post by Larryfitch »

Hi, good afternoon. I am currently looking for income based housing that takes section 8. I make 500 a month on SSI. I am currently in a bad relationship and need to move out with my daughter who is 5 years old and in school. Therefore I do not want to change my location because she is settled in school. My daughter is my top priority.
I can no longer live with her father. He is an abusive person towards me. And I need to get out before something happens in front of my daughter and it’s too late, please help me with section 8 housing resources to better myself and living conditions. I live in Monmouth county NJ.
Aurora

Post by Aurora »

Hello,
I am an 84 year old female who is in relatively good health and I take care of myself and seeking housing for my section 8 voucher. But I am on a fixed low income. I am renting a home using section 8 and I am very comfortable here with the neighborhood and neighbors and would like to stay here using the section 8 program, but the landlord is trying to get rid of me. I am finding it very hard to pay, rent & bills on my SS & small pension so I am looking for some kind of financial help. Could you please give me some info on how I can be helped with my housing or section 8 agencies? This is the first time in my life that I have ever asked for help and would greatly appreciate it if you could guide me to the right places that could help me.