Rent assistance in CA

Find how to get help with rent
dmentz
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Rent assistance in CA

Post by dmentz »

Hi there,

Well, I have called all the places there is to call about rental assistance, everyone is out of grant money and doesn't know when to expect more to come in.
We are a hard working family of 3 (we have a 7 year old) that has never needed assistance till now and it is very frustrating that we cannot find any.

Hubby's job is in heating and AC, he has had a total of 31 hours so far this month! My job gives me about 8 hours per month.

We received a 3 day pay or quit notice the begining of Oct. I let my lanlord know what was going on and she said that we have till the end of Oct. to pay our little $750 rent or she will continue with the eviction process.

I am so deperate, I do not want us living on the street, our family is tapped out so no loans are possible. We are getting a little money for the month but not enough for the rent and all the other bills we have.

What do we do?? :oops: :(
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Rent assistance in CA

Post by Admin »

Yes, oftentimes funding is limited by charities, not for profits, and even the government. The best thing to do is to call multiple agencies and locations to keep asking around. Maybe borrow money from friends or family, and pay them back right away. Anyway, here is a listing for many California assistance programs. Select your county/town from the list halfway down the page, and that will give phone numbers, addresses, etc. of programs and agencies that will be in your immediate area. Just keep calling around for rent and grant money.
dmentz wrote:Hi there,

Well, I have called all the places there is to call about rental assistance, everyone is out of grant money and doesn't know when to expect more to come in.
We are a hard working family of 3 (we have a 7 year old) that has never needed assistance till now and it is very frustrating that we cannot find any.

Hubby's job is in heating and AC, he has had a total of 31 hours so far this month! My job gives me about 8 hours per month.

We received a 3 day pay or quit notice the begining of Oct. I let my lanlord know what was going on and she said that we have till the end of Oct. to pay our little $750 rent or she will continue with the eviction process.

I am so deperate, I do not want us living on the street, our family is tapped out so no loans are possible. We are getting a little money for the month but not enough for the rent and all the other bills we have.

What do we do?? :oops: :(
Preetip

Post by Preetip »

My wife and I are currently separated and the lease on our apartment is ending at the beginning of July. I am not in the home and don't make much money right now and my wife can't work due to doctors orders. they are living week to week on what little I make. What assistance can she get to secure a new place pretty quick? I am In need of help with rent. And water bill. and with security deposit. I got laid off and have most of it but not all. In Stockton California. the job market is tough here, and I have sent out hundreds of resumes and online applications.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You need to do more than just blindly email out a resume or an application online. That is not enough in a challenging job market. But we also have information on job training programs, self-sufficiency services, and other support in California. A good resource for all of that is a community action agency in Stockton, and there are many centers there and around the state. Click more California non-profit community action agencies, and get inormation on the phone numbers and addresses.
Dexia

Post by Dexia »

I really need help paying my October rent. It will be due in 14 days. My half is $450.00 which I'm trying to come up with.
I've called around Houston, Texas but can only leave messages to the outreach centers who have not called me back.
I live in Houston, Texas and my zip code is 77092. Can you help direct and recommend me to the most effective resources in Houston, TX? I've called so many with no reply has I said before. I really wish someone could help.
I recently was released from Federal prison and I've already got a job which I won't start until the end of February. That does not help my situation because I need money before the end of the month so I'm not late or past due. I'm on federal probation and did not get any halfway house time to prepare for anything. I would like to log into the forum and post an emergency request to get more information. I am so scared of being on the streets. I really hope there is help available. Thank you!
Thee Ripper

Post by Thee Ripper »

I need help with deposit on an apartment and first month rent in California. I'm homeless a just started a job I sleep near it so I'm not too far. My boyfriend goes to blood banks to keep my phone on for emergency and I have a three year old as well Christmas is right around the corner and the only thing I want is a place to call home.