we will be homeless in days

Find how to get help with rent
wbeth2469
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

we will be homeless in days

Post by wbeth2469 »

I will make this short and sweet. Quite frankly you are my last hope.

I currently reside in Muskogee County, Oklahoma.

I am a single mother with a 9 year old daughter and am currently unemployed.

I am currently two months behind on my rent and there are late fees also. Thursday October 13th I was given a five day notice. I expect a legal notice probably Monday which means I could be literally homeless by Thursday. Court for that is on Tuesdays and you are given 48 hours no exceptions.

I have applied for section 8 and although my apartment and myself absolutely do qualify, I was informed that I owe approximately $375 to the housing agency in Fort Gibson, Oklahoma from 6 years ago (when my husband walked out the door and never came home) and until I pay that they will not put me on the list. It might as well be a million dollars.

I would very much like to stay in my current apartment because my daughter and I have been uprooted so much struggling to make it here. We love the quiet safe complex and she loves her school, which is the best elementary school in the district. This is a town with a high crime/addiction/poverty rate so finding housing and a school that are safe is no small feat when you live below the poverty rate, as we do. I have no family closer than 5 hours away, that being my mother. She is 67 and lives on a fixed income.

I lost my last job because I was being treated for skin cancer and had several complications. 2 weeks before my probationary period, and full union status, i was summarily discharged. The reason given was "you seem to have some personal drama in your life". Well, yes. Cancer is dramatic when you are a 42 year old single mom. I guess since it wasnt breast cancer it didnt count? Quite frankly after seeing that written down I will probably contact an attorney tomorrow to see if I have any recourse.

I am actively seeking full-time employment and I realistically expect to be employed at least part-time within 30 days.

I need immediate help so I am not evicted. I cannot pay the previous housing bill but if I could I would be about 60 days away from section 8 voucher assistance.

I also cannot pay the past due rent.

I think there is a program that can help but I do not know who to talk to. I pray this letter will reach somebody who knows who I can go to? Please.

My contact information is:

Wendy Yarberry
918-360-0986
wbeth2469@gmail.com

Thank you and peace be with you.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: we will be homeless in days

Post by Admin »

Section 8 often times does have a waiting list. What we can do is provide information on potential places to call in Oklahoma and Muskogee Oklahoma, and you will need to call around, ask for help, programs, and that type of aid. Here are Muskogee County assistance programs and agencies to call. Also use the navigation bars on the left menu on that like to find other options. In particular the rent section which sounds like is your need. There are places like the Muskogee Salvation Army (918) 682-3384 as well as ECAP (OKDHS Muskogee County) phone # (918) 684-5300.

wbeth2469 wrote:I will make this short and sweet. Quite frankly you are my last hope.

I currently reside in Muskogee County, Oklahoma.

I am a single mother with a 9 year old daughter and am currently unemployed.

I am currently two months behind on my rent and there are late fees also. Thursday October 13th I was given a five day notice. I expect a legal notice probably Monday which means I could be literally homeless by Thursday. Court for that is on Tuesdays and you are given 48 hours no exceptions.

I have applied for section 8 and although my apartment and myself absolutely do qualify, I was informed that I owe approximately $375 to the housing agency in Fort Gibson, Oklahoma from 6 years ago (when my husband walked out the door and never came home) and until I pay that they will not put me on the list. It might as well be a million dollars.

I would very much like to stay in my current apartment because my daughter and I have been uprooted so much struggling to make it here. We love the quiet safe complex and she loves her school, which is the best elementary school in the district. This is a town with a high crime/addiction/poverty rate so finding housing and a school that are safe is no small feat when you live below the poverty rate, as we do. I have no family closer than 5 hours away, that being my mother. She is 67 and lives on a fixed income.

I lost my last job because I was being treated for skin cancer and had several complications. 2 weeks before my probationary period, and full union status, i was summarily discharged. The reason given was "you seem to have some personal drama in your life". Well, yes. Cancer is dramatic when you are a 42 year old single mom. I guess since it wasnt breast cancer it didnt count? Quite frankly after seeing that written down I will probably contact an attorney tomorrow to see if I have any recourse.

I am actively seeking full-time employment and I realistically expect to be employed at least part-time within 30 days.

I need immediate help so I am not evicted. I cannot pay the previous housing bill but if I could I would be about 60 days away from section 8 voucher assistance.

I also cannot pay the past due rent.

I think there is a program that can help but I do not know who to talk to. I pray this letter will reach somebody who knows who I can go to? Please.

My contact information is:

Wendy Yarberry
918-360-0986
wbeth2469@gmail.com

Thank you and peace be with you.
Freese1

Post by Freese1 »

I am a laid off Union glaziers, married with 3 kids, 2 girls both 4 one about to turn 5 and 1 boys who is nine. We are having real financial problems and today was told by are landlord who we owe $940 still for this month and $1400 in the 1st but till the 5th grace period so we are desperate.

I get unemployment $500 something a week and my wife works as a waitress at a diner. She does OK but not enough. Not working us what's hurting me but my union is slow. I have never been in this spot with pay $940 ASAP and $1400 by the 5th then late fee of $140. I don't know if I'm rambling or how any of this works it just happened a few hours ago but someone suggested "Google " homeless prevention and I found this. No matter what thank you for your time.
Nermer

Post by Nermer »

Good evening. I live in Fredericksburg, VA.
I live in a house that I am renting. I recently retired from the Marine Corps. I have not been able to find a job. My rent is 1750. I am currently two months behind plus $900.00 from previous months totaling $4400.00. I have been given until the 15th of this month to make good on my rent or be evicted. Also the people that I am renting from will be moving back into their house May 20. I have no where to go. I have a pregnant wife and no where to go and no money to secure another place at the present. I just need some help to get back on my feet.
Thank you in advance for your assistance.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There is a regional Catholic Charities in Fredericksburg that may offer either shelter or emergency rental assistance. But being over 4000+ behind is a lot of money. No church or really any charity will ever offer that much money. Since you are in the USMC, then talk to a local VA office as well for referrals. As they may have ideas too for you and your prgnant wife.