Public Housing programs

Find how to get help with rent
Ecola
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Public Housing programs

Post by Ecola »

My partner and I (and our 3 cats) are being evicted on the 26th of October (14 days from now). We have been trying to apply for HUD, but our Welfare caseworker has failed to send us necessary information for our application. We are both disabled. We were evicted basically because we are transgender individuals (we were born female, and are changing our genders to male), and we do not want to sentence our pets to potential DEATH because of our landlord's hatred. This disqualifies us for Public Housing through HUD, because they have a 1 pet limit. We have been told that our numerous circumstances will allow us to be put on a closed Section 8 waiting list, and will move us up the list-as soon as we get the information from our welfare caseworker, who said she would send it 3 weeks ago. With Section 8, we can keep our cats, and we would rather sleep in our car than to give our cats to the SPCA, where they would be put down, because they are not young kittens. We have no friends or family to take the cats, or to help in any OTHER way. We would love to be able to get a grant to be able to stay in a motel or something like that until we can get section 8 (or a settlement from one of 3 personal injury cases that we have attorneys working on, that are supposed to come to fruition before the end of the year). We were told that it could take up to 2 months, or as little as a week, to get approved for Section 8 Housing Vouchers. If we could just find somewhere to stay, even camping in a tent somewhere (though we would prefer somewhere with heat, electricity, running water, etc-I have asthma, and without electricity, I could die from an attack if I'm not able to use my nebulizer. What we're looking for are people who would be able to give us some sort of grant money or something like that to get us through until either section 8 or a settlement comes through. We can do the rest.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Public Housing programs

Post by Admin »

We doubt you can get approved for section 8 vouchers in a week. Most have extensive backlogs. How do you have 3 lawsuits ongoing? Something doesn't sound right there. So what happened to HUD applications, and if you are being discriminated against that is another issue in itself. In the meantime, find section 8 programs by state.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/sec ... using.html
We have details on thousands of agencies to call to apply for section 8 housing, no matter what town, state, county, or region of the country you live in. Note many section 8 programs are backed up for months (not days) due to funding issues as well as demand from the low income.
Ecola wrote:My partner and I (and our 3 cats) are being evicted on the 26th of October (14 days from now). We have been trying to apply for HUD, but our Welfare caseworker has failed to send us necessary information for our application. We are both disabled. We were evicted basically because we are transgender individuals (we were born female, and are changing our genders to male), and we do not want to sentence our pets to potential DEATH because of our landlord's hatred. This disqualifies us for Public Housing through HUD, because they have a 1 pet limit. We have been told that our numerous circumstances will allow us to be put on a closed Section 8 waiting list, and will move us up the list-as soon as we get the information from our welfare caseworker, who said she would send it 3 weeks ago. With Section 8, we can keep our cats, and we would rather sleep in our car than to give our cats to the SPCA, where they would be put down, because they are not young kittens. We have no friends or family to take the cats, or to help in any OTHER way. We would love to be able to get a grant to be able to stay in a motel or something like that until we can get section 8 (or a settlement from one of 3 personal injury cases that we have attorneys working on, that are supposed to come to fruition before the end of the year). We were told that it could take up to 2 months, or as little as a week, to get approved for Section 8 Housing Vouchers. If we could just find somewhere to stay, even camping in a tent somewhere (though we would prefer somewhere with heat, electricity, running water, etc-I have asthma, and without electricity, I could die from an attack if I'm not able to use my nebulizer. What we're looking for are people who would be able to give us some sort of grant money or something like that to get us through until either section 8 or a settlement comes through. We can do the rest.
Newegg

Post by Newegg »

Hello, I will be 45 next month, and am a recovering alcoholic living in an Sampson House in Chicago, having moved in 10/31. My rent is 450.00 per month, and I had to pay a 50.00 non-refundable deposit. I am unable to work, on the ABD program with DSHS, so do not qualify for the Housing and Essential Needs program. I was able to scrape together enough to get in, and have applied for SSI/SSDI, which are pending. As of September 5, I was homeless, and stayed in a friends apartment for 7 weeks while he was out of town and I looked for public housing.
I have multiple medical problems, including severe depression with anxiety and was hospitalized in June for a week with cardiac issues. This is a clean and sober women's house, a terrific environment for me to continue to recover and try to re-build my life. I am on waiting lists for low income public housing in Chicago and the wait lists are extremely long. I need the support, structure and accountability that Sampson offers, with mandatory AA meetings, and housing responsibilities, and being accountable. I know I cannot live alone at this point as I become more depressed and isolated, and am terrified of becoming at the mercy of shelters.
I have no other options, and I cannot survive the mental, emotional and physical stress and duress that would place on me, and feel that I would truly die that way. This is all new to me, having lived a good lifestyle as a nurse for many years, and with a traumatic divorce, some poor impulse financial choices I made, and the crash of the housing market just as I was selling my home. I lost everything and have been struggling terribly hard to survive these last 3 years.
My daughters are young and have families and are unable to provide housing or any monetary support. I am truly terrified and need help as soon as possible, not only to maintain my sobriety, but to actually survive this and hopefully, thrive with the right support. It has been very hard for me to ask for help. I never thought I could be in this position, yet here I am. I am asking for clear directions and who to contact for immediate assistance. I am determined to survive and am so afraid at the same time. Any help you can provide would be appreciated more than you can ever know. Thank you for caring.
Chavez2

Post by Chavez2 »

I currently live in a Federally funded assisted housing Apartment in Arkansas. My rental agreement is up on March 31st 2014. I need to find apartments up in Paragould, Arkansas that are similar to the apartment I've been in to date. Do you have a listing of these kind of apartments? or can you help me related to this? I am low income and on disability. I will be temporarily staying with a friend for a very short time or until I can find an apartment that I can afford. Thank you for any help you can give me.
tesla

Post by tesla »

Back rent assistance as well as security deposit and first month's rent. I currently owe the public housing authority of the county of Beaver back rent due to being evicted in July 2015. No one is giving me a clear cut description of exactly what extra charges have been added to my account. I am expecting an income tax refund within the next couple weeks, but it will not be enough to cover everything that needs to be paid. I am a single mother of two children and I am on social security disability and receive food stamps.
Hook Paw

Post by Hook Paw »

Hello, I’m 22 years old and a single mother of 2, ages 2 and 4. I'm going through a hardship right now. My kids and I are currently staying with my brother but he's moving in February and we can't come. He's the only family I have so I have nowhere else to go.
I'm currently on the public housing waiting list and have been for about 4 years now and it doesn't seem like my number is moving up on the waiting list so I was hoping to find a way I can get a grant that can pay for us somewhere to stay until I can get on my feet because I am currently unemployed at the time also. If you could, please contact me back with any public housing resources in Houston Texas that can help me in any way. Thank you.