Disabled Senior Facing eviction

Find how to get help with rent
Toomuchpain
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Disabled Senior Facing eviction

Post by Toomuchpain »

I have lived at my present address 23 yrs. A week ago, in pain and fatiqued I went to the bank and cashed my long term disability check. Tired, I dropped the majority of the check on my way to a bank across the street and of course learned it had been picked up off the side walk several minutes later. As a result I can't pay my rent. I have asked if a portion of my deposit (which is much), may be applied to my October rent and was told no; they will proceed with eviction; after 23 years. The thing so crazy I am moving in about six weeks but I don't want this to reflect on my credit report and am about to go into the hospital for another back procedure. In too much pain to deal with this. Have not been able to find any assistance in Los Angeles, not even my church has responded. Does anyone know of anything I may tap into? My rent has been paid consistently. THank you.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Disabled Senior Facing eviction

Post by Admin »

Sounds like you have a variety of needs, such as housing, maybe some assistance for the upcoming hospital visit in New York City, and other forms of aid. So in that case always refer to the main site for literally thousands of phone numbers and agencies for the low income, unemployed, and individuals who are struggling. As far as programs targeted for your area, find information on Los Angeles assistance programs and not for profits to call for help in the city. We have rent and medical resources referenced there.
Toomuchpain wrote:I have lived at my present address 23 yrs. A week ago, in pain and fatiqued I went to the bank and cashed my long term disability check. Tired, I dropped the majority of the check on my way to a bank across the street and of course learned it had been picked up off the side walk several minutes later. As a result I can't pay my rent. I have asked if a portion of my deposit (which is much), may be applied to my October rent and was told no; they will proceed with eviction; after 23 years. The thing so crazy I am moving in about six weeks but I don't want this to reflect on my credit report and am about to go into the hospital for another back procedure. In too much pain to deal with this. Have not been able to find any assistance in Los Angeles, not even my church has responded. Does anyone know of anything I may tap into? My rent has been paid consistently. THank you.
Gordon

Post by Gordon »

Greetings
In the past year I have lost over 4 apartment due to Government issues with rent programs. Land Lords kicking me out due to selling of there home, home being foreclosed. I am currently and have been for the past 2 years living in a storage room on the floor in a house in Crown heights Brooklyn and need help getting out of the unhealthy living situation.

I been seeking help but I have ether been shut down or turned away due to my income being SSDI, being a senior and at this point I don't know what to do or where to go. Only GOD ALMIGHTY knows. I am in need your help in any way I been looking for apartment for over a year and I wish I can buy a house due to all the hell I been trough the past 4 years. Please someone contact me. I need your help.
Thank you and God bless
Terese

Post by Terese »

I’m a 69 year old senior citizen who needs 1 time help of $5500 to help with my rent for a few months so I can set aside money for a dental visit and glasses. I suffer from severe depression, chronic foot problems and my eyes are bad. I have been searching and searching for one time help only. Is there any help out there for me??
Thank you
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Since Florida has so many senior citizens living in the state, they do offer various eviction prevention and housing programs for them. But you say you are seeking on time help only, but have many medical conditions and more. Why do you think one time help is enough for you? As it sounds like you have many issues, and being 69 and not working is a concern. Find the eviction programs here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... on_an.html