Single mom needs help with rent....I got away from abusive

Find how to get help with rent
sunshine100
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Single mom needs help with rent....I got away from abusive

Post by sunshine100 »

husband ...we now have a small one bed apt ....But suffolk county dss refuse to help because I work. I dont make enough to pay my rent and have basic needs at all.....
Please I have no family or friends that can help me at all. We just moved here so I do not know anyone. Its just me and my child. Any help on what to do I will be appreciated. I really dont want to move into another shelter again.

Thanks
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Single mom needs help with rent....I got away from abusi

Post by Admin »

Is it Suffolk County New York, as there are a few different Suffolk Counties. If it is, then try this link for Suffolk County NY rent assistance programs and organizations. We have a number of places to call like Community Development Corporation Of Long Island (631)471-1215 as well as many others. Usually people undergoing abuse may have priority.
sunshine100 wrote:husband ...we now have a small one bed apt ....But suffolk county dss refuse to help because I work. I dont make enough to pay my rent and have basic needs at all.....
Please I have no family or friends that can help me at all. We just moved here so I do not know anyone. Its just me and my child. Any help on what to do I will be appreciated. I really dont want to move into another shelter again.

Thanks
dab1

Post by dab1 »

I am a homeless single mother who needs info on funds to help pay for apartment or where i can get same day shelter or housing. I already called the shelter hot line and am currently waiting for a bed to become available and i don't have a safe place for my 5 year old daughter to stay. This is urgent.
HotBabe

Post by HotBabe »

Well, shelters always exist for women with children. And a shelter will also usually have case managers on site who can help you find more permanent housing, a job, and much more aid, including funds for deposits. Which is always more important of course. Did you look into section 8 vouchers? They exist in Ohio, and may be able to help. Continue.
Ceiling

Post by Ceiling »

I’ve been living in the same apartment for the past seven years, my rent use to be $699 went up to $751 two years ago, and to $810. 3 months ago. I only get $847 from SSI, I am struggling a lot lately, on paying my rent and utilities bills, since I am disabled with a permanent mental problem, and just through my partner out due to abuse. I haven’t been able to work again, but I do want to go back to work, but until then I am hoping if is it possible for me to get some temporary rent assistance and what I need to do to get some. I will appreciate any kind of help.
Crow

Re: Single mom needs help with rent....I got away from abusive

Post by Crow »

I AM A SINGLE MOTHER TRYING TO PAY 900 RENT AND I AM UNABLE TO SUPPORT ME AND MY SON AND PAY THE RENT AS WE WERE BOTH ABUSED. I AM ONLY GETTING AROUND 300 A WEEK FROM MY CHECK AND I AM TEMP, I NEED HELP WITH MY RENT IN ORDER TO STAY AT MY HOME. I HAVE NO WHERE ELSE TO GO IF I GET EVICTED.