Lost job and facing eviction. Need rent help

Find how to get help with rent
Dumas
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Lost job and facing eviction. Need rent help

Post by Dumas »

I just recently lost my job a few weeks ago and now i received an eviction notice from my apartment office in San Antonio which is Bexar County Texas. I reached out to NAM but was denied because they said they didnt know how the rent would get paid next month even though I informed them that my wife now has a job she just started on last Monday so paying the rent next month will not be a problem. I would greatly appreciate it if you could assist my family with paying the rent for this month so we dont get evicted. Basically it is one month of help as I said my wife now has a job and we will be back on track next month.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Lost job and facing eviction. Need rent help

Post by Admin »

Do can you negotiate a plan with your landlord, and maybe make a partial payments and then entire month when you get cash from wish's new job? Try that first. If not, which we would be surprised about, try calling for rent assistance in San Antonio. Several charities and not for profits operate in the city and Bexar County. Call agencies like the City of San Antonio DCI, - Office of Financial Empowerment which can be called at (210)207-5910 or dial the St. Peter - St. Joseph Children's Home. Phone (210)531-8555. Both offer emergy help for housing, rent, etc.
Dumas wrote:I just recently lost my job a few weeks ago and now i received an eviction notice from my apartment office in San Antonio which is Bexar County Texas. I reached out to NAM but was denied because they said they didnt know how the rent would get paid next month even though I informed them that my wife now has a job she just started on last Monday so paying the rent next month will not be a problem. I would greatly appreciate it if you could assist my family with paying the rent for this month so we dont get evicted. Basically it is one month of help as I said my wife now has a job and we will be back on track next month.
Kackie

Post by Kackie »

I just lost my part time job & will be having to leave where I am staying since I don't have the capitol to fix my vehicle that is not working due to a failing power steering pump that cracked and is leaking fluid out as fast as I put it in....My roommate noticed a scratch in the wall in the apartment and asked me to leave since I am disrespecting her house! ....PLEASE HELP ME, HELP MYSELF! If I dont have a home how can I work? I would greatly appreciate some type of advice on where I can look for any type of assistance with acquiring money for a deposit and first months rent! Thank you so much for your time! Respectfully,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Can't you negotiate or try to be more reasonable with the roommate. Seems kind of excessive to kick you out or break the lease for a scratch. Since we do not know your state, try this for our information on assistance with rent and the various options and programs that may be available to you.
Kackie wrote:I just lost my part time job & will be having to leave where I am staying since I don't have the capitol to fix my vehicle that is not working due to a failing power steering pump that cracked and is leaking fluid out as fast as I put it in....My roommate noticed a scratch in the wall in the apartment and asked me to leave since I am disrespecting her house! ....PLEASE HELP ME, HELP MYSELF! If I dont have a home how can I work? I would greatly appreciate some type of advice on where I can look for any type of assistance with acquiring money for a deposit and first months rent! Thank you so much for your time! Respectfully,
Romnee

Post by Romnee »

I was laid off from job and I have now exhausted my unemployment benefits with the exception of the Emergency Tier IV that was recently approved. I live on Social Security Disability and I will receive a lesser amount ($944)for the last Tier of UI than what is owed for rent + water for January 2012-($1,040). My lease expires 04/01/2012. My son moved out at the end of October and I'm still unemployed and cannot pay all my bills + rent for January & February 2012. I could be facing eviction without some assistance. I would appreciate your assistance. Thank you,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We do not know what the Emergency Tier IV is, but we can provide you information for emergency rent help by city and county across the US. With a lease expiring in 3+ months that does give you plenty of time to apply for assistance, call agencies, look into government programs, and much more. Maybe you will find a job by then too as the economy is getting better.
Romnee wrote:I was laid off from job and I have now exhausted my unemployment benefits with the exception of the Emergency Tier IV that was recently approved. I live on Social Security Disability and I will receive a lesser amount ($944)for the last Tier of UI than what is owed for rent + water for January 2012-($1,040). My lease expires 04/01/2012. My son moved out at the end of October and I'm still unemployed and cannot pay all my bills + rent for January & February 2012. I could be facing eviction without some assistance. I would appreciate your assistance. Thank you,
JeanPaul

Post by JeanPaul »

Hello I recently lost my job due to anxiety disorder I have struggled with my whole life. Coupled with extreme bouts of depression, I often wind up locked within my home panicking with agoraphobia. In addition I have a chemical dependency that I am seeking treatment for now, one I can actually afford! I am 2 weeks away from eviction. And need help. Badly.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Asking two weeks in advance is a positive, as that gives you time to find some emergency funds or get help on stopping the eviction. There are also special programs for the mentally ill or people with a depression, so look into those too. More information on prevention is on the main site, http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
Martin10

Post by Martin10 »

Hello.
I and my 5 children have been homeless for over 2 months now. We have been staying with friends and in motels. I have pawned mostly everything I had owned. We once had a big 3 bedroom apartment with a TV in every room. But now we are down to just some clothes in our backpacks. I feel so bad to hear them saying I want to go back home. I been trying to find some form of help.
I had a Great job until this happen because I had nowhere to take my children so I can work. My heart hurts so bad to be putting them through this. I wish in a snap of my fingers I can make things better, but I can't. Every day I worry because I don't know if I can afford another night or food the next day. We are in Indianapolis, Indiana. We had stayed in the shelter for a week or so but really no help on finding a home. I would appreciate any help or if you know of any help here in Indiana, I would so much appreciate it.
Thank you,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are cash assistance programs in Indiana. they can provide financial aid, grants, rent help and housing. It is part of TANF welfare. However the cash aid is for 60 months maximum. So try it for the assistance you need.
Martin10 wrote:I had a Great job until this happen because I had nowhere to take my children so I can work. My heart hurts so bad to be putting them through this. I wish in a snap of my fingers I can make things better, but I can't. Every day I worry because I don't know if I can afford another night or food the next day. We are in Indianapolis, Indiana. We had stayed in the shelter for a week or so but really no help on finding a home. I would appreciate any help or if you know of any help here in Indiana, I would so much appreciate it.
Thank you,
ADRIANAMAYA

Post by ADRIANAMAYA »

I recently lost my job and was evicted and facing worse. I wasn't able to continue work I was homeless and cold. I have rarely gotten any sleep due to being stuck outside every night with nowhere to go or anyone to turn to for help. I am very concerned for my own wellbeing. It gets colder out every night and I have no clue what to do after I lost my job and was evicted. I have not eaten or slept in the last 3-4 days. Please help me in any way if you can I would be so grateful!