Need rental assistance fast/California

Find how to get help with rent
krisgal123
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Need rental assistance fast/California

Post by krisgal123 »

Our rent is coming up due next week and we don't have it. My husband works full time. I've been unemployed for 6 months and not receiving any unemployment benefits. this is the first month we didn't even have money for food. We have tried food banks, pantries, churches, you name it, and no help. We gave the last $20 we had for food to a food bank that gave us tons of stuff, but it was more than expired and we had to throw away more than half of it. I've applied for cash aid and denied. Food stamps, and denied because my husbands gross wages were $80 above the maximum amount. We have both worked all our lives and have hit a bump in the road and can't even get a little help from the programs that our hard working dollars are supporting! It blows my mind. I've scoured the internet looking for a place to help us out just for one month of our rent and utilities. the one car we have is about to be reposessed. In one swift swoop, we will be homeless and carless. we have 3 children that we are desperately trying to protect from seeing or feeling any of this, but it's now uncontrollable. Is there any real programs out there to help us??
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need rental assistance fast/California

Post by Admin »

Sure, good you asked for rent help in advance, even just the week can help. We have many agencies to call for rent help. Find a listing of rent assistance in California. Use the link, then scroll midway down the page to select your county. There will be listed agencies, charities, government programs, phone numbers to call, etc. Also please use the navigation bar on the left margin for additional rent programs, food banks, medical care, debt reduction, and much more. Basically we have thousands of programs and phone numbers on the main site for all areas of country.
krisgal123 wrote:Our rent is coming up due next week and we don't have it. My husband works full time. I've been unemployed for 6 months and not receiving any unemployment benefits. this is the first month we didn't even have money for food. We have tried food banks, pantries, churches, you name it, and no help. We gave the last $20 we had for food to a food bank that gave us tons of stuff, but it was more than expired and we had to throw away more than half of it. I've applied for cash aid and denied. Food stamps, and denied because my husbands gross wages were $80 above the maximum amount. We have both worked all our lives and have hit a bump in the road and can't even get a little help from the programs that our hard working dollars are supporting! It blows my mind. I've scoured the internet looking for a place to help us out just for one month of our rent and utilities. the one car we have is about to be reposessed. In one swift swoop, we will be homeless and carless. we have 3 children that we are desperately trying to protect from seeing or feeling any of this, but it's now uncontrollable. Is there any real programs out there to help us??
chavez

Post by chavez »

I lost my job in July,2011. I am $700.00 in arrears in my rent, plus $300.00 more is due on Oct.1,2011. My electric has a shut off notice, as of today. I should be getting a shut off notice for my water bill any day, now from water Company in San Diego. My cable was shut off weeks ago, and My car will be repossessed sometime, today or later. I was just wondering if your organization, can help me, at all or know who can in San Diego area. I have applied for SSI and Disability. I was only able to get one of my medications, this month, also. Thank you, in advance for any help you can provide.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Sounds like you need housing in San Diego too, and that will free up money for those other bills and your car payment too. Here is how to get rent help in San Diego. We have a number of agencies and programs that are in play, such as Housing Authority of the County of San Diego and other agency called South Bay Community Services (619) 420-3620. Most can offer some form of grants or funds for short term financial relief.
chavez wrote:I lost my job in July,2011. I am $700.00 in arrears in my rent, plus $300.00 more is due on Oct.1,2011. My electric has a shut off notice, as of today. I should be getting a shut off notice for my water bill any day, now from water Company in San Diego. My cable was shut off weeks ago, and My car will be repossessed sometime, today or later. I was just wondering if your organization, can help me, at all or know who can in San Diego area. I have applied for SSI and Disability. I was only able to get one of my medications, this month, also. Thank you, in advance for any help you can provide.
RalphLauren

Post by RalphLauren »

I will be moving from NC in the summer to a different state, probably California, but in the meantime am trying to catch up on my rent and electric and water bills. I only work part time due to lack of work at my job, and my boyfriend that also lives with me is unemployed. Any advice would be helpful, as I'm not sure exactly where to go.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Getting help to move or relocate to a different state is very rare. But you can look into various Fresno rent assistance programs here. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/fre ... tance.html
There are several different agencies, non-profits, and charities that you can call for advice on paying rent, and maybe they will have some information on how to get moving assistance.
RalphLauren wrote:I will be moving from NC in the summer to a different state, probably California, but in the meantime am trying to catch up on my rent and electric and water bills. I only work part time due to lack of work at my job, and my boyfriend that also lives with me is unemployed. Any advice would be helpful, as I'm not sure exactly where to go.
Shades

Post by Shades »

I need stable housing so I can go to school and succeed in my college career. I have no job but am currently looking for one and the college I am at has federal work study jobs. I am currently looking to get into. I live in Stockton California and a homeless shelter will not meet the needs for study time and I will miss school periodically due to certain times that the shelters require you to be there or they close their doors.
I want to succeed in life and in my career, but without a room to rent or a small studio I can’t do anything and I can’t bear this much longer before I lose all moral to even continue in school because of the stress and emotional effects it would put on me. I am currently sleeping on the streets unless a friend can lend me a night’s stay and that does not always happen. I need quick information on programs I can look into, call, make appointments, talk to someone about housing options, etc.
Chappaqua Two

Post by Chappaqua Two »

Hello. Well at this time I will be needing assistance to pay my rent for January to prevent an eviction in Bakersfield CA. I finally started working last week and I won't be getting paid for 3 weeks. Also I do have 4 children and just found out I will be expecting. My husband does work day labor but they call him twice a week and it's not enough. We are having a minor set back and desperately needing assistance.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you are getting paid in 3 weeks, then some agency may offer one time rental assistance. It can help stop the eviction from occurring. So try them for rent help in Bakersfield. Also, they extend across Kern County California as well.
Chappaqua Two wrote:Hello. Well at this time I will be needing assistance to pay my rent for January to prevent an eviction in Bakersfield CA. I finally started working last week and I won't be getting paid for 3 weeks.
Sonyradas

Post by Sonyradas »

My husband, our 2 daughters age 5 and 2 and myself are going to be homeless as of December 10th. We only receive cash aid at the moment but both of us are looking for work in Santa Cruz and San Jose/Santa Clara county California...is there anything or anyone that can help us transition into a new low income housing opportunity right away or help us with the rent? Please help. Thank you! I appreciate any help you can give us!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The housing in San Jose is some of the most expensive (if not the most expensive) in the entire nation due to Silicon Valley. So there are some resources for you, including Santa Clara County rent assistance programs. They are all focused on helping people avoid eviction and/or get rehoused.
Sonyradas wrote:We only receive cash aid at the moment but both of us are looking for work in Santa Cruz and San Jose/Santa Clara county California...is there anything or anyone that can help us transition into a new low income housing opportunity right away or help us with the rent? Please help. Thank you! I appreciate any help you can give us!