Need money for security deposit

Find how to get help with rent
Natural
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Need money for security deposit

Post by Natural »

Im 21 yrs old living with my grandmother but she has to move and I cant go with her. I found a place in Washington DC thats not to expensive but the security deposit is whats killing me. Its 700 and I really dont have it now but i need to move asap. Their willing to let me split payment it and i would be able to do the other half when i get paid on th 19th being as tho i just started my job like 3 weeks ago. If theres anyone that can help i would greatly appreciate it. Thank You
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need money for security deposit

Post by Admin »

Anyway for your grandmother to stay in place a it longer so you can save money for that security deposit? Or how about a roomate if this is first time you will be living by yourself? If neither are options, look into Washington DC assistance programs. They really operate and are Ward specific, so need to call a non-profit in your ward in Washington DC. For example, Community Council for the Homeless, dial (202) 364-141, offers government mortgage help, security deposits, and general housing counseling. That is just one example of someone to call for help. Other agencies are at the link provided.
Natural wrote:Im 21 yrs old living with my grandmother but she has to move and I cant go with her. I found a place in Washington DC thats not to expensive but the security deposit is whats killing me. Its 700 and I really dont have it now but i need to move asap. Their willing to let me split payment it and i would be able to do the other half when i get paid on th 19th being as tho i just started my job like 3 weeks ago. If theres anyone that can help i would greatly appreciate it. Thank You
Josepha

Post by Josepha »

Hi, I am a single mom of 2 small children ages 2 and 3. I am in a touch place right now. I am currently working part time and in need of a little help. I was evicted out my apartment in June 2011 from the Atlanta Georgia area and I am currently staying from one friends house to another but its no guaranteed how long I will be there. I am so stress having no way that I can call home. I wanted to find an apartment with what I am making, I cant cover the first month and security deposit I was wondering if you can help. Thanks
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is great that currently working. Keep saving as much money as possible so you will be able to pay first months rent and security deposit on a new apartment in Atlanta when the time comes. In the meantime, here is information on rent assistance in Atlanta with non-profits, charities, churches, and agencies to call for help. There are agencies and programs like Midtown Assistance Center which can be called at (404) 681-5777 as well as One Source Atlanta which has a phone number of (678) 705-7877

Josepha wrote:Hi, I am a single mom of 2 small children ages 2 and 3. I am in a touch place right now. I am currently working part time and in need of a little help. I was evicted out my apartment in June 2011 from the Atlanta Georgia area and I am currently staying from one friends house to another but its no guaranteed how long I will be there. I am so stress having no way that I can call home. I wanted to find an apartment with what I am making, I cant cover the first month and security deposit I was wondering if you can help. Thanks
LaMichael

Post by LaMichael »

Im a 26 year old working single mother.I have one child & right now we're living in a 2bedroom apartment with my mom her husband & her 3 brothers and sisters. My mom income has decreased so therefore she has to downgrade to a one bedroom apartment which my brothers are unemployed but looking for a job & until then they will be staying here & there with relatives.I really need a place of my own for me & my son...but I know its going to be kind of hard doing that with me being a single parent & living off of my pay check only if you can please help me anyway that you can I would really appreciate it!!! All I want is a little help
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Seems like you do need a bigger apartment. But first save as much money as you can under current situation, as when you leave making the monthly rent payments is even more difficult on your own. Find our listing of security deposit assistance programs. Most housing aid is local, so if you post your county are guidance can be more effective. But key is to save some money though for that rent and security deposits.
LaMichael wrote:Im a 26 year old working single mother.I have one child & right now we're living in a 2bedroom apartment with my mom her husband & her 3 brothers and sisters. My mom income has decreased so therefore she has to downgrade to a one bedroom apartment which my brothers are unemployed but looking for a job & until then they will be staying here & there with relatives.I really need a place of my own for me & my son...but I know its going to be kind of hard doing that with me being a single parent & living off of my pay check only if you can please help me anyway that you can I would really appreciate it!!! All I want is a little help
Margarita

Post by Margarita »

I am moving into a place June 1st, I have no problem with the rent I just am having a hard time coming up with the $1600.00 deposit on the place. I don't have good credit but I have an excellent job and good rental history, I was trying to get a loan but haven't found one I can pay off in installments with bad credit. Is there any assistance programs that are out there I am even willing to pay back in installments if necessary I just need to make sure I have the extra 1600.00 on top of the 1600.00 a month rent. Thank you
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you have a good job, can't you quickly save some cash for the deposit? That is also a very steep deposit. Some landlords will offer renters the ability to pay the deposit in installments, so maybe you can ask your new landlord this question. In addition to this idea, you can also look into HUD security deposit assistance programs and options. Read more on this federal government option.
Philly

Post by Philly »

I’m in a state of emergency me and my fiancee have found an apartment but cannot come up with the security deposit. I’m 26 years old and my fiancée is 22 years old we work 24 miles away from our work and with all the cost of our rent and bills at the moment we cannot save money. We live with a friend and we spend almost 200.00 a week on gas. My fiancée is currently pregnant with twins and we really need our own place we can afford the rent and it would help us a lot with gas living in this apartment complex because its 9 miles from work compared to 24 miles. We are in jeopardy of losing our jobs because we cannot afford the money in gas to make it to work every week we are struggling with living so far from work she works nights and if work days so we average about 100 or more miles a day. We have tried applying at other jobs closer to our current residence but no luck we cannot afford to loose our jobs especially with twin children on the way. It would save us a lot more money if we get this apartment. Please if you can help we would greatly appreciate it we’ve tried churches and agencies but no luck yet with those. We do attend church every Sunday and are good Christian people we just need some assistance. If you do find it in your hearts to help us may god bless you. If you cannot reach us at our email call us. If we do not answer it will be because we are working. God bless you and thank you.
Mike and Mike

Post by Mike and Mike »

I’m homeless with 3 kids. Need help with deposit and rent. We do have portion of it but we landlord willing to negotiate. Please help. My kids have good grades and will be bad to move because to much violence in schools. This emotional when it comes to rent. Not with us but with landlord and his lady. It is bad to move out of our town. We had to live in our truck but were more happy in an apartment. Please help us, thanks.
JoseR1

Post by JoseR1 »

My daughter and I are about to become homeless because I have not been able to pay our security deposit in full. We have been here for almost 1 year and we are being told that our lease will not be renewed at the Homeless Shelter Apartments in Michigan because I have been paying the security deposit off slowly. My daughter and I are living on SSI and child support only. The security deposit is 400.00 total and I have 260.00 left to pay before November 1, 2013 or we will be evicted. Is there anything that can be done to help? Thank you
Bluecross

Post by Bluecross »

I am in serious need of DESPERATE help at this time. I am a disabled single mother of five and we have been displaced due to a fire. I have a car that is currently not working and I cannot keep gas in it anyway. My biggest need is for first and security for rental payments to secure a home. IF there is anyone that can help me in the very near future, I beg please contact me asap. Thank you, and god bless.
Wrangler

Post by Wrangler »

Need help with getting into an apartment and my electric bill deposit. Myself, my husband, my 10 year old son, and my 7 year old daughter are getting kicked out of my mother-in-law’s home and have no other family in Oklahoma. I'm starting work next week (just waiting to get my back ground check back and blood work). I'll be working at the Regional hospital as a housekeeping, so that money I can use towards the security deposit. But with my mother-in-law’s mood swings, do to suspected drug use we are no longer welcome. I fear my family and I are going to be on the streets!!!
Islander

Post by Islander »

My roommate just told me I have to leave so now I don't have anywhere to go. I am employed but no roof over my head. I have been looking everywhere for something. I just need help starting out and I have the rest to continue on. I just need help paying for the deposit and first mouth rent but then afterwards I be okay.