Rent and car fixed

Find how to get help with rent
Post Reply
Monder
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:03 pm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Rent and car fixed

Post by Monder » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:06 pm

I'm a mother of three kids and working fulltime. I really am desperate in help to pay for my rent and helped to fixed my car. Money is a very big issue to me now. I'm so broke that I just don't know what to do no more. I am behind 2 months rent now and I am being sued to court on August 25th. I don't want to go to court and I pleased want some help to pay for my rent so me and my kids can still stay in our apartment. Please helped me. Is there any church or any thing out there that can help me this month? I need the money asap.

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7603
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Rent and car fixed

Post by Admin » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:47 am

Not too many places pay for car repairs. Sometime a mechanic may donate their time or services for free, but not common. Like you said, maybe call your local church. Or also dial the Salvation Army. We do have some information on charities that could potentially help with repairs. And they can definitely aid you with rent. Locate our list of charity organizations for paying rent and bills.
Monder wrote:I'm a mother of three kids and working fulltime. I really am desperate in help to pay for my rent and helped to fixed my car. Money is a very big issue to me now. I'm so broke that I just don't know what to do no more. I am behind 2 months rent now and I am being sued to court on August 25th. I don't want to go to court and I pleased want some help to pay for my rent so me and my kids can still stay in our apartment. Please helped me. Is there any church or any thing out there that can help me this month? I need the money asap.

BOWMAN
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:24 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Rent and car fixed

Post by BOWMAN » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:27 am

Hello,
I am 24 years old and I am homeless. I own a car but it needs to be fixed, badly. I am enrolled in college full-time and I work in my schools work-study program. I also receive the Pell Grant to go to school. I also acquired a second job at the local Olive Garden. I get a lot of hours when I work there. I plan to stop going to school during the summer semester and work full-time. I simply need some place to stay. I manage to pay for school and my car insurance with my checks that I receive from school and work. I unfortunately need a place to stay. As of now, I am living with different people every different night and sometimes sleeping in my car. I honestly believe that I could find somewhere affordable in Albany, GA, or anywhere else , I could make the payments. I just need the right start. If you have any advice or help that you could offer, PLEASE contact by email or by phone , as soon as possible.
Sincerely,

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7603
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Rent and car fixed

Post by Admin » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:05 am

That is great that are going to college. Can you use your Pell Grant to pay for student housing so that you are no longer homeless. As far as some other options and programs, there are some assistance programs for Albany Georgia, and those can be found here. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/dou ... ce_pr.html Call around to different agencies and see if they can provide help for rent, security deposits, or those car repairs that you need too. We would definitely recommend student housing in your case too.
BOWMAN wrote:Hello,
I am 24 years old and I am homeless. I own a car but it needs to be fixed, badly. I am enrolled in college full-time and I work in my schools work-study program. I also receive the Pell Grant to go to school. I also acquired a second job at the local Olive Garden. I get a lot of hours when I work there. I plan to stop going to school during the summer semester and work full-time. I simply need some place to stay. I manage to pay for school and my car insurance with my checks that I receive from school and work. I unfortunately need a place to stay. As of now, I am living with different people every different night and sometimes sleeping in my car. I honestly believe that I could find somewhere affordable in Albany, GA, or anywhere else , I could make the payments. I just need the right start. If you have any advice or help that you could offer, PLEASE contact by email or by phone , as soon as possible.
Sincerely,

tucky12.t
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:27 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Rent and car fixed

Post by tucky12.t » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:28 am

Would you happen to have a list of places to begin looking for rental assistance in Astoria, OR? Unemployed but avidly seeking, finding I need some rental assistance to
get into a healthy living situation. I believe I only need the first month and deposit, as the season for employment has begun. If possible, I am in need of a phone (for potential employers to contact) and car repair too, specifically brakes. I have found plans for 29 dollars a month, but need that initial payment. The phones themselves cost 29 as well, to total 58. I would appreciate any information you may have to get that first step up.
Thank you

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7603
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Rent and car fixed

Post by Admin » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:43 am

We have some ideas for rental help in Astoria and Clatsop County Oregon. Car repairs are always tough to get, but ask some of the agencies we are about to provide you. As far as the phone, look into a program called Lifeline, which offers free phones. In the meantime, find Astoria rental assistance programs and services. If you are now working, that may help you find some agencies willing to help.
tucky12.t wrote:Would you happen to have a list of places to begin looking for rental assistance in Astoria, OR? Unemployed but avidly seeking, finding I need some rental assistance to
get into a healthy living situation. I believe I only need the first month and deposit, as the season for employment has begun. If possible, I am in need of a phone (for potential employers to contact) and car repair too, specifically brakes. I have found plans for 29 dollars a month, but need that initial payment. The phones themselves cost 29 as well, to total 58. I would appreciate any information you may have to get that first step up.
Thank you

Sam10
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:18 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Rent and car fixed

Post by Sam10 » Sat May 12, 2012 2:31 pm

i work for the school district and school is getting ready to end and we wont have a job for 2 in a half months. I live in a one bedroom apartment and i am the only one that's paying the rent and bills but in a couple of weeks i wont have a income. I was trying to please get some kind of assistance so i will not get put out of my apartment.

Alford
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:37 pm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Rent and car fixed

Post by Alford » Fri May 18, 2012 10:13 pm

Hi, i am in need of help of rental assistance. I need the aid very badly. I have 4 kids, am divorced, no family, and we will have no where to go if we get evicted from our home. We live in a duplex. I live in oxford Mississippi. My kids range in age from 4 to 13, and I am in my early 30s. So not too many options right now. Thank you

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7603
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Rent and car fixed

Post by Admin » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:30 am

We do have information to help you with rent in Mississippi. As we always say, many agencies focus on people with children. If you have an eviction notice be sure to bring that with you to the agencies and organizations as you apply. Find phone numbers of the Oxford and Harrison County MS resources. Read more

Mary Beth Wer
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:39 pm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Rent and car fixed

Post by Mary Beth Wer » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:48 pm

Dear Sir
I need any help you can give me. I have 2 small kids that I am raising alone and I have been struggling since August 2012. I had a broken arm due to a fall at work. I filed for workers comp which was rejected and I am still going through disability trial. I was told if I could get 2000 dollars I could go back to work and pay for rent and get back on my feet whatever help you can give I would appreciate it.

Baptist
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:46 pm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Rent and car fixed

Post by Baptist » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:54 pm

I am trying to get rental assistance. I am on leave from my job, taking care of ill family member. EDD is not even half of my income. Please help.
I am on Section 8, and my portion of rent is 1389 per month. It will be lowered eventually, but how long is anyone's guess. I live in Fremont, CA and can't seem to get a phone number to actually contact someone with help. I also can't drive anywhere as I don't have a car. Thank you in advance.

Wertas
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 11:38 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Rent and car fixed

Post by Wertas » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:51 am

Me and my husband got laid off and have had a really tough time finding work. I am working about 20 hours a paycheck, and he isn't working at all. We have two kids that live with us part time, and we are struggling to even buy food for our family.
We are in an apartment that is $925 a month and this month we aren't even sure we will be able to get groceries. On top of that, our car died so we aren't able to get around anywhere to look for work or to even go to the grocery store. We are hoping that this next month we will be okay, but right now we are scared and don't know what to do. We have sold everything valuable that we have and are just at a complete stand still. Is there anything that you can do for us?
With much appreciation,

Post Reply