SSI doesn't cover monthly rent

Find how to get help with rent
TCBad
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

SSI doesn't cover monthly rent

Post by TCBad »

My wife and I have two kids and I'm trying to get help with my rent. My wife lost her job three months ago. I haven't been able to find work in Hernando county which is almost the number one unemployment rate in Florida. My landlord has been working with us for the last few months but he says that we have to pay him a good lump sum by Wednesday. My mothr-in-law gets a SSI check but she only gets 500 a month and that not cutting it the last few months. we are 1,800 dollars behind but any kind of help would be apreciated. My wife and I would be so grateful. Thank you so much and I hope to hear from you.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: SSI doesn't cover monthly rent

Post by Admin »

Read our listing of Hernando County Florida financial assistance programs. Get general aid from options like the Community Block Grant, and other main place to call for assistance with rent and more is Hernando County Salvation Army. Call them at (352) 796-1425.
TCBad wrote:My wife and I have two kids and I'm trying to get help with my rent. My wife lost her job three months ago. I haven't been able to find work in Hernando county which is almost the number one unemployment rate in Florida. My landlord has been working with us for the last few months but he says that we have to pay him a good lump sum by Wednesday. My mothr-in-law gets a SSI check but she only gets 500 a month and that not cutting it the last few months. we are 1,800 dollars behind but any kind of help would be apreciated. My wife and I would be so grateful. Thank you so much and I hope to hear from you.
discordmomma

Post by discordmomma »

I'm disabled and was just approved for ssdi. I have 4 children age 1, 4, 5 &8 my monthly income in unemployment 145.00 weekly, 787.00 ssdi. I'm looking for any help with rent I can only find 1 or 2brs in my price range but they won't rent to me because the size of my family & they don't care all 4 of my children are boys. I can't find a house and my lease ended on the 1st and my landlord is losing all his properties. I'm suppose to be out by the 21 but I still havnt found a house and I don't have family here for my family to stay with. Also we don't have health insurance I reapplied and myself and kids were denied because I have to much money in unearned income and medicare & NJ family care denied me. I took the to this community health place and they wanted $60 per kid. So they didn't even see 2 of my children really need to see a dr like. I'm also looking for help with my 4435.00 electric bill that half is mine and half is a person I used to live with a few years back but now its all on my electric bill. I really would like any info for charities or programs rent help anything that can help me just a little help would be great. Please send any info you have. Thank you and sorry this message is on my cell so it so how got messed up here at the end. asap that dr. And 2 of my kids are really sick and need a doc
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

the NJ Human Services department does offer emergency assistance, with a focus on housing and rent matters. So we think that may be a good place for you to start with. Those programs and case workers from that agency can usually direct people towards free or low cost medical care too, which sounds like you need. Find details on those services here. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/new ... stanc.html
As far as the charities and programs you want, use our main site as we have thousands listed. Of course you will need to call around and apply yourself, but we give the information you need for rent, housing, and general help with bills.
discordmomma wrote:I'm disabled and was just approved for ssdi. I have 4 children age 1, 4, 5 &8 my monthly income in unemployment 145.00 weekly, 787.00 ssdi. I'm looking for any help with rent I can only find 1 or 2brs in my price range but they won't rent to me because the size of my family & they don't care all 4 of my children are boys. I can't find a house and my lease ended on the 1st and my landlord is losing all his properties. I'm suppose to be out by the 21 but I still havnt found a house and I don't have family here for my family to stay with. Also we don't have health insurance I reapplied and myself and kids were denied because I have to much money in unearned income and medicare & NJ family care denied me. I took the to this community health place and they wanted $60 per kid. So they didn't even see 2 of my children really need to see a dr like. I'm also looking for help with my 4435.00 electric bill that half is mine and half is a person I used to live with a few years back but now its all on my electric bill. I really would like any info for charities or programs rent help anything that can help me just a little help would be great. Please send any info you have. Thank you and sorry this message is on my cell so it so how got messed up here at the end. asap that dr. And 2 of my kids are really sick and need a doc
Martin1

Post by Martin1 »

I am in need of rent assistance, and have applied for public assistance from SSI and was approved today. However, I am not sure if it is retroactive for the month of August and October, as I found out this year that I am no longer eligible for student loans (I was a medical student). I am now behind 2 months on rent. Also, I am having a hard time paying for my medical licensing exam in order to graduate from medical school (cost $850). Are there any organizations that may help with this?
Johnny Oil

Post by Johnny Oil »

I need help paying my lot rent. I am 300.00 behind and am in danger of losing our place to live. It is myself and my son on SSI. I am waiting on my unemployment and his disability to kick in. We have been barely scrapping by and by the grace of god we ended up in this trail or. We were living out of hotels for almost a year. I fear that street is the next step. Please give me some direction.
TBaldwin

Post by TBaldwin »

I do not make enough money to pay my rent. I am on SSI and food stamps. I only receive 733 dollars, and my rent is $762.15; it is very hard for me to pay this, for I am on my own and I am 60 years old and cannot work due to medical issues. It is a struggle every day for me to pay my rent, and I am afraid that I would be evicted. Please, I would appreciate any help that can be given to me. Thank you.
AaronSm

Post by AaronSm »

I am a senior citizen woman in my mid 60's with many health issues and I am also disabled. I am on a very, very limited monthly income on from SSI. I truly need help finding a decent place to live and with as much help as possible with rent and a deposit. Thank you very much for your time. Look forward to hearing back from someone. I am in the Lincoln Park, MI area.