Way behind on rent

Find how to get help with rent
Faber
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Way behind on rent

Post by Faber »

Am currently unemployed. Husband is employed but only bringing home about $650.00 per pay period. Our current monthly rent amount is $800.00. We are $5,000 behind on our rent. Our gas is off and has been off for several months. All of our bills are behind. We have a 2 1/2 year old toddler at home. We can't qualify for food or any other assistance because all go by your gross pay and not the net!!!!!! :-( Please help!!!!!!
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Way behind on rent

Post by Admin »

It seems like you need help with multiple items and expenses. I think you want to go to the main site of help with bills and read about the thousands of programs and resources listed there. Find ways to get rent help, debt and foreclosure counseling, free health care, and much more at the main URL.
Faber wrote:Am currently unemployed. Husband is employed but only bringing home about $650.00 per pay period. Our current monthly rent amount is $800.00. We are $5,000 behind on our rent. Our gas is off and has been off for several months. All of our bills are behind. We have a 2 1/2 year old toddler at home. We can't qualify for food or any other assistance because all go by your gross pay and not the net!!!!!! :-( Please help!!!!!!
DominicTweed

Post by DominicTweed »

my needs right now is my rent. I pay 650.00 a month. i am receiving gr plus i am on a housing subsidy program that pays 400 of my rent to the owner of this hotel in Washington DC my fiance was paying the balance. but now we are split up and she moved out leaving me alittle behind. i still owe a balance of 300. to be okay for the month. i am praying that my ssi disability will be approved soon. i just had my hearing on sept 13. same day of my grandmothers funeral.with my gr i only get 198 cash 154 food stamps. i truly need this help this month only. November should get better for me. i am fully disabled with astma bipolar and a real bad case of gout in both my feet as well as a problem with my heart. lately three bad ekg test. last one sept 19. thank you and god bless you. also do you know of a program that gives clothes and shoes? my shirt size is xxxl trusers 38 and shoes varies on the makers betwwen 13 to 14.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The programs operate in our nation's capitol by Wards. So it really depends on where you live and then you call the agencies in that Ward. Find our listing of Washington DC assistance programs, charities, and agencies to call for housing assistance. For example, Community Council for the Homeless, runs the FEMA program, which can offer emergency housing aid (202) 364-1419 and another example is Shaw Community Service Center (phone (202) 462-6401. Emergency rent, utility, and other assistance is offered for Washington DC individuals.
DominicTweed wrote:my needs right now is my rent. I pay 650.00 a month. i am receiving gr plus i am on a housing subsidy program that pays 400 of my rent to the owner of this hotel in Washington DC my fiance was paying the balance. but now we are split up and she moved out leaving me alittle behind. i still owe a balance of 300. to be okay for the month. i am praying that my ssi disability will be approved soon. i just had my hearing on sept 13. same day of my grandmothers funeral.with my gr i only get 198 cash 154 food stamps. i truly need this help this month only. November should get better for me. i am fully disabled with astma bipolar and a real bad case of gout in both my feet as well as a problem with my heart. lately three bad ekg test. last one sept 19. thank you and god bless you. also do you know of a program that gives clothes and shoes? my shirt size is xxxl trusers 38 and shoes varies on the makers betwwen 13 to 14.
Johnson19

Post by Johnson19 »

I am in the middle of trying to keep my ex-husband from terminating me completely out of our son’s life for his own benefit. I have done nothing wrong and I don't party/no drugs, and haven't given them any reasoning to do this. But we are way behind on our bills and rent.
I just had a baby in January and I have a 4 year old. My rent is going up come June 1st and I can't afford to make my payment come May first, due to needing to pay my lawyer on this day as well. I need help over the next month or so to get my rent paid, but I don't need to owe anyone something or get into any debt either. Please help pay my rent as it is way behind, I work full time and feed my babies. I just need to catch a break already. Thank you! :)
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you are still having babies, and can't afford them, a charity will look on your application for rent help very skeptically. After all that shows very poor judgement. Now you are bring a baby into a world where you can't even provide housing for him/her, and not to mention schooling, a future, etc. So that will hurt you. But you can still try and apply, and some programs that may help with paying rent are listed here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _rent.html
Josh Brown

Post by Josh Brown »

Good Morning!
My name is Shania (located in DC) and I found your email on a website while looking for resources for rental assistance during short term financial hardships. As I am way behind on the rent now due. Currently, I owe my building 2300 due to issues with my paychecks being shorted and late fees being added to rent for January and February. I received a notice that if I didn’t pay the balance to under 600 by the 23rd of February then they will progress to eviction. With my job being stable and having no where to live if I was to be evicted, I’m quite worried and desperate for assistance like never before being so way behind.
Please reach back out and let me know if you know where I can apply for help! I know the DC ERAP portal has closed until April, unfortunately.
Thank you and warm regards,
Shania