from shelter to apartment

Find how to get help with rent
Post Reply
Lolli
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:45 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

from shelter to apartment

Post by Lolli » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:48 am

more than a year ago I was forced to live in a shelter with my three girls, then got a job I could rent my own apartment, after many problems with bed bugs, and lead, which affects the health of my daughters, I was forced to move the department from my partner and father of my child, because we had many problems that I worked, I had to quit my job, but running these last 2 months the situation became very violent again, and my safety and psychological health of my children I had to literally made the department two weeks ago, but this week I just found out that my ex-partner had not paid the rent last month, and almost starts a new month, that is , literally, I must pay 2 months rent. The problem is that my former boss went on vacation outside the country and not return till September, and while I have full confidence that I re-hire is a good chance that besides been calling for any other work, looking in newspapers etc,. and while my three girls were born in this country (in Elizabeth New Jersey) I am legally undocumented, and although currently receive food stamps, they informed me that do not qualify for assistance to help pay the rent because my immigration status ... then no where else to look very Thanking you would like, any information that could give me .. many thanks from now expecting a prompt response.

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7226
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: from shelter to apartment

Post by Admin » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:56 am

So do you still live in Union County NJ, or Elizabeth? We have a listing of dozens of churches, agencies, and not-for profits to call for financial help with bills, rent, and even shelters. Call charities organizations like the Elizabeth Coalition to House the Homeless which can be reached at (908) 353 - 4002. Another good Union County organization is Proceed Inc., and call them at (908) 351-7727. Find more Union County NJ programs and ways to get housing, shelter, and rent assistance.
Lolli wrote:more than a year ago I was forced to live in a shelter with my three girls, then got a job I could rent my own apartment, after many problems with bed bugs, and lead, which affects the health of my daughters, I was forced to move the department from my partner and father of my child, because we had many problems that I worked, I had to quit my job, but running these last 2 months the situation became very violent again, and my safety and psychological health of my children I had to literally made the department two weeks ago, but this week I just found out that my ex-partner had not paid the rent last month, and almost starts a new month, that is , literally, I must pay 2 months rent. The problem is that my former boss went on vacation outside the country and not return till September, and while I have full confidence that I re-hire is a good chance that besides been calling for any other work, looking in newspapers etc,. and while my three girls were born in this country (in Elizabeth New Jersey) I am legally undocumented, and although currently receive food stamps, they informed me that do not qualify for assistance to help pay the rent because my immigration status ... then no where else to look very Thanking you would like, any information that could give me .. many thanks from now expecting a prompt response.

Margerie
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:04 pm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: from shelter to apartment

Post by Margerie » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:09 pm

I am a 24 years old. Both of my parents are farmers at village. I stay with my brother. I am a self sponsored student at the university through distance education program.i struggle to pay all my school fees bill alone. My brother use to worry me a lot and sometimes prevents me from entering his room. This situation has extremely affected my studies. I am therefore looking for financial assistance to rent a single room for my peace. God bless you for assisting me.

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7226
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: from shelter to apartment

Post by Admin » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:54 am

Are you oversees? If so, look into some of the peer to peer lending sites which are international and provide funding around the world. The information on peer to peer lenders can be found here.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/pee ... loans.html There are companies like Lending Club that may be an option for you.
Margerie wrote:I am a 24 years old. Both of my parents are farmers at village. I stay with my brother. I am a self sponsored student at the university through distance education program.i struggle to pay all my school fees bill alone. My brother use to worry me a lot and sometimes prevents me from entering his room. This situation has extremely affected my studies. I am therefore looking for financial assistance to rent a single room for my peace. God bless you for assisting me.

Travolta
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:46 pm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: from shelter to apartment

Post by Travolta » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:33 pm

Please help me!! No one will help me. I am a vet on SSI. I don't get no rental help. I can't keep using all my SSI for rent because I have no food, no nothing. Also I have to live were I live because it's 800 and I get 750. Please I need help. I just want my own small apartment and leave this shelter. I know so many people who get apartments and everything. Please, I beg you to help me. I am a good person.

Flava
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 7:51 pm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: from shelter to apartment

Post by Flava » Thu May 07, 2015 8:00 am

I need help finding and apartment in Hudson County area, the heights and I'm in need to help because I cannot find an apartment. I'm getting infected from my apartment with my 4 kids and my Fiancé. Please can you call one of these phone number's.
We have voucher but between use two we don't have enough money to cover utilities. Please if can help use in anyway I'll appreciated very much. Thank you and have a nice day.

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7226
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: from shelter to apartment

Post by Admin » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:24 am

The rental programs in Hudson County New Jersey generally do not cover utilities. Is it the deposit you need help with, or the ongoing payments? As that is a big difference. Since you already have that voucher, maybe try the local public housing authority (PHA) for information on a list of apartments. Or we have any agencies listed too. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... tance.html

Pharoh
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:30 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: from shelter to apartment

Post by Pharoh » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:02 pm

I AM HOMELESS IN FORT WORTH TEXAS. I WAS ON SHELTER CARE PLUS IN DALLAS COUNTY UP UNTIL I WAS (WRONGLY) SUSPENDED DUE TO BE IN THE HOSPITAL WITH SURGERY. I HAVE (ALL) documentation and proof show receive SSI of $733 a month also received $194.00 in food stamps.
I also would like information regarding low interest car loans.
I am 50 years old and badly need a vehicle and home I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you very much and have a nice day.

Puebloa
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 7:21 pm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: from shelter to apartment

Post by Puebloa » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:55 pm

I lost my job and I can’t pay my rent on top of child support and I need to keep my apartment so that I can get 50-50 custody of him. I live in a 2 bedroom apartment and the rent is 300 a month and I can’t find work and I don’t want to get kicked out to a shelter. Please find it in your heart to help a dad trying to do the best I can for my son. I can't lose my apartment please help me.

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7226
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: from shelter to apartment

Post by Admin » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:06 pm

Can you have a short term reduction in the amount of child support you pay, thereby freeing up your income for rent? Maybe you spouse and the Snohomish County courts will allow it. As it does not do the child, your former spouse, and of course you any good if you are evicted from the apartment and need to move to a shelter. We recommend asking for other support in your town, as there are places that offer rent help in Snohomish County
Puebloa wrote:I lost my job and I can’t pay my rent on top of child support and I need to keep my apartment so that I can get 50-50 custody of him.

Post Reply