What does section 8 housing pay for?

Find how to get help with rent
Hackney
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

What does section 8 housing pay for?

Post by Hackney »

I currently receive section 8 in warrick county and my complex did not pass inspection and was informed about moving. I have no money for deposit or the new rent due to i pd my rent where i currently live. Warrick county helps with eviction rent no deposits or current rent. I am not sure what the Section 8 voucher program normally pays for when it comes to housing. And those are what i need help on for my kids and i to move. Thank you for your time!!!!!
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: What does section 8 housing pay for?

Post by Admin »

Find a listing of Warrick County Section 8 housing agencies. Usually they will contribute money towards your monthly rent, so your expenses are maxed at 30% of income. Many will help pay to get you settled into an apartment as well, if the apartment is approved as section 8 housing. However find all of the section 8 housing programs listed here, including Indiana and Warrick County.
Hackney wrote:I currently receive section 8 in warrick county and my complex did not pass inspection and was informed about moving. I have no money for deposit or the new rent due to i pd my rent where i currently live. Warrick county helps with eviction rent no deposits or current rent. I am not sure what the Section 8 voucher program normally pays for when it comes to housing. And those are what i need help on for my kids and i to move. Thank you for your time!!!!!
Rouse

Post by Rouse »

I have been out of work for 2yrs+ and I have been staying with people here and there in Seattle, sometimes with people I hardly know just to stay off the streets. I've been living with a nice person who gave me a chance to stay with them (without paying)until i found a job. I have had no luck so far and the person i stay with has also been out of work for about a month,so I really need assistance, and heard about Section 8. This person has been paying everything. I need to help so I don't end up on the streets. Thank You!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, the federal government funded Seattle Section 8 housing program may be an option for you in your situation. It can pay for deposits, some towards moving costs, and of course monthly rent. Call places like the Seattle Housing Authority at (206) 615-3300 or King County, which runs section 8 too at (206) 574-1100.
Rouse wrote:I have been out of work for 2yrs+ and I have been staying with people here and there in Seattle, sometimes with people I hardly know just to stay off the streets. I've been living with a nice person who gave me a chance to stay with them (without paying)until i found a job. I have had no luck so far and the person i stay with has also been out of work for about a month,so I really need assistance, and heard about Section 8. This person has been paying everything. I need to help so I don't end up on the streets. Thank You!
Hotmom

Post by Hotmom »

We are a family of 5. We live in HUD housing will be evicted March 31, we were approved for section 8 deposits but not monthly rental until September. Our income is child support suppose to be $407 monthly which it hasn't be lately been off by $100-200. We found a place to live for $800 a month that we love an would be great for our kids. We just need the first two months rent so we can find jobs in that area, which we have very good leads on jobs. All we need is $1600 for rent and moving cost, our tax
return is being taken for VA. If we don't get this house we will be homeless with four kids. I don't know where to get help.... We currently live in Manhattan, KS but are moving to Kansas City, KS.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Why are you being evicted from HUD housing, and if you are in fact being evicted, what makes you think you can qualify for section 8? That income is to low to pay the rent on an $800 per month apartment. Why would you think those numbers can work out? You do need to revisit some of your housing decisions. Ask a section 8 housing agency for their self-sufficiency programs, which often provide advice and case management. Here are the Kansas section 8 housing programs and administrators.
Hotmom wrote:We are a family of 5. We live in HUD housing will be evicted March 31, we were approved for section 8 deposits but not monthly rental until September. Our income is child support suppose to be $407 monthly which it hasn't be lately been off by $100-200. We found a place to live for $800 a month that we love an would be great for our kids. We just need the first two months rent so we can find jobs in that area, which we have very good leads on jobs. All we need is $1600 for rent and moving cost, our tax
return is being taken for VA. If we don't get this house we will be homeless with four kids. I don't know where to get help.... We currently live in Manhattan, KS but are moving to Kansas City, KS.
Closedcaption

Post by Closedcaption »

I am currently going through a divorce and need to find an apartment of house rent. I work 48 hrs in a 2 week pay. I have always stayed home during the week to raise our 3 children. My soon to be ex husband works the 2nd shift. I have called and applied for section 8 and food stamps for 2 days now, and haven't received a call. A soon as I move out, I can get child support and APL. I need to stay within the Fleetwoood Area School district. Can you please call me, or direct someone to call me? The stress at home is terrible and I need to go out. Thanks.
Squaker

Post by Squaker »

Relocated to Texas almost 3 months ago. My family and I are homeless right now, I am on section 8; Although, it took almost 2 months for me to get my voucher. Living in a motel was not for us but we had too. Meanwhile my savings was just about done. Finally I received my voucher and found a home. I thought everything was fine until the inspection day the inspection never came because the home was sanctioned!
Now I'm back to square 1. I was given 2 weeks to find another home and I did but we are still homeless and waiting on the inspection for this apartment. I am tired, homeless, penniless and school starts on the 25th for my girls. I am begging for help or just a push in the right direction! We have nothing furniture, beds, god! Their school clothes, supplies, shoes! Etc! I lost everything trying to escape and ended up losing all that I saved just to get out!!!!
I'm rambling, just tired, please help!