On maternity leave and need rent help

Find how to get help with rent
Bluetwo
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

On maternity leave and need rent help

Post by Bluetwo »

I am currently on maternity leave and my job does not pay me for it. I was denied families first and my food stamps was taken from me a few months ago. I have no money and need help paying rent and bills. Its just me and my newborn and I have nowhere to go if I get evicted and no one to help me.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: On maternity leave and need rent help

Post by Admin »

If your income is that low how were you denied food stamps and the family first program? Are you receiving any other government benefits? Try applying for unemployment too if out of work short term. In the meantime, find rent help in Chicago and learn about the government programs, charities, and non-profits that can help the low income pay their rent and energy bills, and other expenses. Usually people with children can get rent assistance in Chicago before anyone else.
Bluetwo wrote:I am currently on maternity leave and my job does not pay me for it. I was denied families first and my food stamps was taken from me a few months ago. I have no money and need help paying rent and bills. Its just me and my newborn and I have nowhere to go if I get evicted and no one to help me.