Rent and Deposit

Find how to get help with rent
jadempendolf
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Rent and Deposit

Post by jadempendolf »

I'm trying to move to Delaware County in New York State and need some help with 1st months rent and deposit but I'm finding that most programs require me to be basically homeless before I can get approved for it. I am living with my parents with 2 kids and it's not a good environment for us. It seems that all the programs to help me pay for rent require me to be on a waiting list for 9-12 months!

What can I do?
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Rent and Deposit

Post by Admin »

Well, that is true more often than not, and is mainly the result of the weak economy. As so many people need help, they focus on the homeless and desperate, as you indicated. The most you can do is call around. We do not have information on Delaware County NY, but other counties are covered. Get information on New York assistance programs. Use the left margin on the site to find general rent information and other programs too.
jadempendolf wrote:I'm trying to move to Delaware County in New York State and need some help with 1st months rent and deposit but I'm finding that most programs require me to be basically homeless before I can get approved for it. I am living with my parents with 2 kids and it's not a good environment for us. It seems that all the programs to help me pay for rent require me to be on a waiting list for 9-12 months!

What can I do?
Doglover12

Post by Doglover12 »

I am in search of a program that will help with rent deposits. I am a single mother of 1 and currently employed, living with my friend, her uncle, and my son in a 1 bedroom apartment. I was approved for a 2 bedroom apartment with a deposit I cant afford however I am able to afford the monthly rent w/o any assistance, the amount needed for me and my son to move in exceeds the amount of my pay check. I am in desperate need of a place we can call our own. PLEASE HELP!!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Can you save a few pay checks in order to cover the move in costs? Any reason why you need the money immediately? Most apartments need to move an existing tenant out, or understand that people need a couple weeks to move is so they should hold the place for you while you save those pay checks. Also find more New Hampshire assistance programs, housing agencies, and places to call for security deposit assistance.
Doglover12 wrote:I am in search of a program that will help with rent deposits. I am a single mother of 1 and currently employed, living with my friend, her uncle, and my son in a 1 bedroom apartment. I was approved for a 2 bedroom apartment with a deposit I cant afford however I am able to afford the monthly rent w/o any assistance, the amount needed for me and my son to move in exceeds the amount of my pay check. I am in desperate need of a place we can call our own. PLEASE HELP!!
Linden

Post by Linden »

I am looking for assistance with paying my first and security deposit for my apartment. I am looking to move around the 1st of August. The rent is $850 a month therefore I am looking for help with the $1700 deposit. If not that at least $850. I am currently employed, however I make a little over $300 a week and I currently looking for other employment. So if you are able to assist me with anything it would be a huge help. Thank you!
Stephon

Post by Stephon »

Dear Assistance, I'm writing this evening, as I worry how to pay for my rent. Coming up this Saturday. Money has become really tight, to where I don't even know where to turn for food to keep going most of the time. Rent is 205.00 per week.Tonight I'm reaching out for help to get back on my feet. Which would be 2 weeks of rent at 410.00, or even a month rent at 820.00, so I could get back up going financially. I live in Galveston Texas. God Bless and I pray dear Lord to please make a way. In Jesus name I pray. Thank you,
Kospi

Post by Kospi »

I need a little help with either a security deposit or first months rent. I am a mother of two and a daughter of a mother that is disable. We just got evicted on the 31 of October with nowhere to go we are in need of a little financial help on getting a apartment in Kansas City. We just had a family situation where we had to cremate my older sister daughter and that were all are income went. There is a income of 700.00 a month coming to the home so if anyone can help it would be very well appreciate
Consolidated

Post by Consolidated »

I am writing in great desperation and urgency as I am a single mother of a 12, 8, and 6 year old with no child support or material support for my children from their father, who unfortunately walked out on us after 10 years on 2-14-11. After he left us my father assisted me and my children and I resided in his home in Richmond VA. Unfortunately our fight got extremely worse when at approximately 2pm I got a phone call from the police dept advising me that our home was on fire. My 12 year old called in a 911 fire emergency report and at that time instead of sending the fire department they sent a police cruiser who verified our home was entirely in flames and then dispatched fire department to make this short, our home was a total loss. The insurance company finally after 3 months of my children and I living in a 1 room hotel, provided my children and I with rental assistance, and we moved to Fairfax, Virginia where we are still residing. However the rental assistance payments ended in November and my father has been trying his best to come up with our rent money every month since then. He is now completely out of money as he has put everything he had in savings to assist my children and I, and then also to finish our burnt down home, which is about 85% complete. Now I alone am faced with a rent payment which is due on the 3rd of March and have approximately $150 to my name which $107 of that has to go to the gas company by the 4th to avoid termination. I have never been so scared, desperate, and worried in all my life as I don’t know if or how I can make this rent payment, and if I cannot I will be evicted and have nowhere to go with my children, except my car. I have contacted the Fairfax government and they provided me with a list of Housing developments that are income based, I have called them and have had no luck.
Doler

Post by Doler »

Need help with security deposit. My husband and I receive disability. BUT THEY REQUIRE 2 months first and last. We could come up with the first but not the deposit. I have 12 year old and a 21 year related son I need help before the Holidays. I'm living in a weekly efficiency. And Friday I must pay or move but I need to get as house. Thank you. I ran out off money.
Evaluation

Post by Evaluation »

Me and my family is being forced to move by Aug 1, 2015 and we currently don't have the full amount of funds to move. I have been trying to reach out for some helpful information on what I can do. I have three kids. my daughter is 9 and has a heart condition and a list of medical problems and then I have a 8 year old son and a 2 year old son. Please contact me and let me know if there are places out there that can help me move and or help turn on my electric.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

How much of the funds do you have? If a little short, try the Manatee agencies that may offer help with deposits and/or rent.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... tance.html
Also, if your daughter does have a medical problem, maybe their are some agencies that your doctor can recommend. As sometimes certai ncharities help the sick. They may even work with a hospital too.