Help with security deposit when moving

Find how to get help with rent
Mollytift
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Help with security deposit when moving

Post by Mollytift »

I am getting ready to move from Newaygo County to Muskegon County (both in Michigan) this coming weekend. I was wondering if there is a program to help pay for deposit/1st months rent on an apartment. Also, is there a program to help pay for a deposit for DTE/MichCon (gas for heating)? I am financially strapped and would appreciate any direction that you would be able to help me with.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Help with security deposit when moving

Post by Admin »

There may be a way to get help paying security deposit on new apartment, as well as the deposit for your utility service. Now you will need to make some phone calls to different places, but that is where we can help. Find a listing of [urlhttp://needhelppayingbills.com/html/muskegon_county_assistance_pro.html]Muskegon assistance[/url] programs for rent and utilities. Call organizations like the Muskegon County Human Services at phone (231) 733-3700 which is the local government office. They have lists and work with many local agencies and utility companies. Also call the Muskegon - Oceana Community Action Partnership, Inc. at (231) 725-9499 for advice and support on programs for housing and utilities.
Mollytift wrote:I am getting ready to move from Newaygo County to Muskegon County (both in Michigan) this coming weekend. I was wondering if there is a program to help pay for deposit/1st months rent on an apartment. Also, is there a program to help pay for a deposit for DTE/MichCon (gas for heating)? I am financially strapped and would appreciate any direction that you would be able to help me with.
TheSmiths

Post by TheSmiths »

I am a single mother of 11 months old triplet daughters. I am in the process of relocating to Atlanta Georgia on 8/19/11 and would love some assistance in paying my rent for the year. I am leaving NY for a better life for me and my daughters. Any help will be greatly appreciated. So far I don't have a job and Im still applying.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

I have a disabled daughter. Currently I am unemployed I need to take care of my child, and have no one else. I am trying to find a way to pay for a moving truck and or deposit & 1st months rent in order to move from Oklahoma City to Kansas City Missouri/Kansas. This move would get us closer to family and access to a better childrens hospital. My monthly income is $1000 which consists of Serena's disability check and our TANF. I have exhausted all resources in finding help with the cost of a moving truck and/or 1st months rent & deposit. Does your organization help with such things or know of where I could turn? Thank you for all your help, time, and efforts.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We have information on both Kansas City and St. Louis. Now paying for moving expenses, truck, packing your goods, etc is one thing, and not very common. However once you get to Missouri, here are the St. Louis rent assistance programs that can help the low income and get you settled into the region. There are agencies like the Human Development Corporation of Metropolitan St. Louis Community Action Partnership which can be reached at 314 613-2200 as well as Paraquad, Inc. (phone (314) 289-4200).
Hilton wrote:I have a disabled daughter. Currently I am unemployed I need to take care of my child, and have no one else. I am trying to find a way to pay for a moving truck and or deposit & 1st months rent in order to move from Oklahoma City to Kansas City Missouri/Kansas. This move would get us closer to family and access to a better childrens hospital. My monthly income is $1000 which consists of Serena's disability check and our TANF. I have exhausted all resources in finding help with the cost of a moving truck and/or 1st months rent & deposit. Does your organization help with such things or know of where I could turn? Thank you for all your help, time, and efforts.
BobbyJones

Post by BobbyJones »

I am currently on unemployment and staying with friends. My two infant sons are staying with family until I can find a stable place to live, as I don’t want them going from place to place. I will have enough saved for a deposit but I’m having trouble coming up with the money for the first months rent. I would like to stay in the Amelia Texas area, as there are more opportunities for work. Please respond to the email address above, thank you.
Troyyer

Post by Troyyer »

I am on section 8. I am moving on November the 23rd. Everything is taking care of except my security deposit. I been on my computer and calling places no one have any funds and some don't pay for it. My daughter used her computer and got 100 dollars. My bill and my deposit is 400 which is now 300 dollar. I try family and did not get any where but my son is paying for the u haul truck. That is good. I am 51 years and have a disability. I have medicare and OHP insurance. I really need help. The deposit I try to do everything we could. We could sell my computer but it is a old one. I can show you any paper you want to see or do you know some one who have funds and could help. Please thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Security deposits may be covered by section 8. Did you ask your housing authority? They can probably provide some more information on it. We can say that help for deposits is not common though, and as you noted funding is very limited. If you do need to sell some items, such as a computer, then do so. That will also show commitment when you are applying for a security deposit. Find more programs. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... tance.html
Realsimple

Post by Realsimple »

I currently receive TANF. My fiancé receives social security. We live on a very fixed income monthly. Their are 4 of us that live in a small 2 bedroom apartment now for almost 2 years.
We were lucky enough to come across a 4 bedroom house in Morton Washington. The rent will only increase by $50 a month and the water is included. We've been on the PSE assistance program 2 1/2 years. I have 2 children one whom just graduated. My 7 year old daughter whom has 3 different types of sensory integration disabilities, which she goes to OT once a week as well as mental health counseling once a week, and has an IEP in school. My son is 18 years old he has ADHD and takes medication. Just recently he was re-evaluated and was diagnosed with anxiety as well. We are hoping there may be some type of funding available to assist us with some of the move in cost.
Sincerely,
Reiner

Post by Reiner »

Hello, I'm contacting you because I'm currently on DSS. And my mother has threatened to put me and my two year son out so what I did was went and found me an apartment. And I really like it. I liked the landlord and received a Statement Already from them.
All I have to do is wait for DSS to approved. Then I need to put down a security deposit which is $500. I really need some help so that me and my son can have somewhere to move I would really appreciate it. You can contact me by phone, and thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Some of the homeless prevention programs in Washington also offer security deposit assistance. Also, your son (since he is 18) can work and easily make that $50 per month to cover the balance of the deposit and rent. That means he has to work what 6 hours per month? Any agency helping with a deposit will want to see you are making an effort as nothing in life is free. Also, being on TANF means you need to be working soon too. So here are suggestions, and find security deposit help in Washington.
Realsimple wrote:I currently receive TANF. My fiancé receives social security. We live on a very fixed income monthly. Their are 4 of us that live in a small 2 bedroom apartment now for almost 2 years.
We were lucky enough to come across a 4 bedroom house in Morton Washington. The rent will only increase by $50 a month and the water is included. We've been on the PSE assistance program 2 1/2 years. I have 2 children one whom just graduated. My 7 year old daughter whom has 3 different types of sensory integration disabilities, which she goes to OT once a week as well as mental health counseling once a week, and has an IEP in school. My son is 18 years old he has ADHD and takes medication. Just recently he was re-evaluated and was diagnosed with anxiety as well. We are hoping there may be some type of funding available to assist us with some of the move in cost.
Sincerely,