California section 8

Find how to get help with rent
Eckhard
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

California section 8

Post by Eckhard »

I live in Contra Costa County, California. I have 4 children, I recieve section 8 assistance and monthly cash aid, however we are moving by August 22nd and are in need of help paying the security deposit on my new apartment. Ive already turned in all proper paperwork to move. If you know of programs or charities helping people at this time, I would deeply appreciate the help.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: California section 8

Post by Admin »

Doesn't section 8 need to approve the new apartment and costs associated with it? As the home must be approved by Section 8, and new income limited put into place. Either way, we do have a number of other places you can call in Contra Costa for help. A number of agencies, California and national government programs, and charities operate. Here are the Contra Costa assistance programs for the low income and less fortunate. For example, try calling Pacific Community Services at 925-439-1056. While this is just one example of an agency, we have dozens of others that exist.
Eckhard wrote:I live in Contra Costa County, California. I have 4 children, I recieve section 8 assistance and monthly cash aid, however we are moving by August 22nd and are in need of help paying the security deposit on my new apartment. Ive already turned in all proper paperwork to move. If you know of programs or charities helping people at this time, I would deeply appreciate the help.
Area51

Post by Area51 »

Family size is six, two adults and four young children. Our rent is $895.00 and utilities not included. My fiance work at the local car delership and gets paid $10.41 an hour and i am a stay at home mom. I get aid from riverside county which includes cash aid and foodstamp. But as of next month on my quarterly report i may get less cash aid due to my fiance working. We us a family barely getting by to pay our rent and bills. But we greatly in need of government HUD assistance or section 8 voucher program. It would definitely help us pay our bills on time and also our rent and able to help us save some money for a car.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We are not sure if you would qualify for section 8 based on your income, fiance, working etc. You will need to call the agencies, apply, get program criteria, etc. We can provide you with phone numbers and agencies to call. Find California section 8 housing agencies and HUD approved places to call for vouchers, rent, and housing. The Riverside agency can be reached at 5555 Arlington Avenue, Riverside, California 92504, (951) 351-0700.
Area51 wrote:Family size is six, two adults and four young children. Our rent is $895.00 and utilities not included. My fiance work at the local car dealership and gets paid $10.41 an hour and i am a stay at home mom. I get aid from riverside county which includes cash aid and foodstamp. But as of next month on my quarterly report i may get less cash aid due to my fiance working. We us a family barely getting by to pay our rent and bills. But we greatly in need of government HUD assistance or section 8 voucher program. It would definitely help us pay our bills on time and also our rent and able to help us save some money for a car.
Kashya

Post by Kashya »

I desperately need help with rent and PGE bill. I was laid off Aug.31,2011 I did not find out I was laid off from IHSS until Sep.14 an reported it to section 8 on Sep.19 they said it would take 30 to 45 days which it has my worker is being very. Mean an even would not tell me How long they have to finish the paper work for my rent decrease I had to call the main office to find out. Im also trying to find out who I can talk to about what she is doing. My rent is due on the 5th of this month I would of normally waited this long to find help but I was lead to believe it would have been done by now.The manager of the place i'm living at said she can wait til Monday but then she has to evict my family an I. I have three kids that are still living with me my oldest moved out an I also have a granddaughter that stays 3 to 4 even 5days at a time she is four and was born with seizures his father is 24 years old year old an he has adhd an learning disability's he can not read or right. I have been actively looking for any job this week. I have put 65apps. In Im sorry for asking for help I just don't no what else to do. My rent is 425 my pge is 600 an something but I only need 160 to keep it on . Thank you
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

I do not understand how they can give you the run around. Call your local social service office, call section 8 housing, or even call an attorney who provide free legal aid. Push the issue, and demand service. We have comprehensive information on section 8 housing programs, information on how it helps and what it can do, and much more. Read our information on section 8 housing here. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/sec ... using.html
Kashya wrote:I desperately need help with rent and PGE bill. I was laid off Aug.31,2011 I did not find out I was laid off from IHSS until Sep.14 an reported it to section 8 on Sep.19 they said it would take 30 to 45 days which it has my worker is being very. Mean an even would not tell me How long they have to finish the paper work for my rent decrease I had to call the main office to find out. Im also trying to find out who I can talk to about what she is doing. My rent is due on the 5th of this month I would of normally waited this long to find help but I was lead to believe it would have been done by now.The manager of the place i'm living at said she can wait til Monday but then she has to evict my family an I. I have three kids that are still living with me my oldest moved out an I also have a granddaughter that stays 3 to 4 even 5days at a time she is four and was born with seizures his father is 24 years old year old an he has adhd an learning disability's he can not read or right. I have been actively looking for any job this week. I have put 65apps. In Im sorry for asking for help I just don't no what else to do. My rent is 425 my pge is 600 an something but I only need 160 to keep it on . Thank you
Berner Davis

Post by Berner Davis »

Homeless and live in Jurupa, zip 92509 Riverside. We are at bottom and trying to find out about the long term housing help program I heard about where they pay your Rent and help you with job, personal credit and other self-help program for my area in Riverside CA Rubidoux/Jurupa area.
We can't get section 8 or VA benefit but someone told me their helping out homeless people in our area and trying to move all the Riverside bottom out. Both me a my boyfriend need this program and was wondering and trying to find out where I could sign up or get an application from or where and when is the next time and place they are going to be signing people up for this program again in the 92509 area code so we can go sign up.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

if you are homeless, try a shelter in riverside County. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... using.html
Then, after that stay and you get a job/some stability etc. the next step is transitional housing, and those programs are also listed on the site.
Berner Davis wrote:Homeless and live in Jurupa, zip 92509 Riverside.
Shortbread

Post by Shortbread »

I am from Fresno, CA. I am engaged and pregnant. I'm almost due next month February 29th. We need help with getting low income housing assistance and section 8. We did apply but we need our own secure and stable place to raise our son. The only income I'm getting is cash aid. We need help with deposit and rent. I am currently living with my parents but it’s not permanent.
How can we get what we need in short amount of time? We have apartment complex in mind. It’s convenient for us. We just really need our own apartment.
Thank you.
malisha

Post by malisha »

I am writing to see if you can direct me to anyone in the Santa Barbara area to an organization that might be able to assist me in meeting my rent obligation for the month of August for section 8 housing.  I am a senior citizen that relocated to Santa Barbara in April of this year as you had no place to live and no job to support myself.  My family helped me for a couple of months and then the friend I have been living with. She also is having a difficult time financially and my family can no longer afford it either.  I will be on the street if I cannot make this happen somehow.  I have been applying for positions for the past 4 months, but I feel people do take my age into consideration during the interview process.  If you could offer me advise on this as well it would be appreciated for section 8 HUD help in California. Please contact me asap at Nancy’s with any information you can provide.  I am really at a loss where to turn.
Gail

Post by Gail »

Dear Need help paying bills Staff,
Please advise, Section 8 for Marin County California residents has been closed since 2008. For the past 10 years, Marin County residents in need have been barred from applying.  How is this legal? You state that this is a Federal program.  Are funds not provided by the Federal government to the agencies administering this California section 8 program? If the program is closed, where do these funds go?  Is there anything that can be done to force transparency in this matter?
Thank you for your help in understanding this travesty, Marin County resident advocating for a fellow female Marin County California resident of over 50 years, who is now disabled, 77 years old and in need of housing assistance.
JJJudy

Post by JJJudy »

I am a 32 year old disabled (mental/physical) woman. I was just approved for a Section 8 housing voucher in California. The Butte/Glenn county housing authority approved it, so now I will be able move into a reasonable apartment. My issue is I need help with a security deposit. I make about $624 for the whole month and have no way to save for a deposit. Are there any programs or grants in California that are designed to help someone like me with a section 8 home? Please get back to me as soon as you can. Thank you.
-Ashley
Harmony Wonder

Post by Harmony Wonder »

I am on housing list for several years in California. I had to update some information for Housing Authority County of Santa Barbara California.
Circumstances have me in a homeless situation. In order to label myself as homeless within the county I need to have a referral letter from a list of providers in our area. I am not "technically" homeless thanks to friends and family I have not had to stay in the shelters to date. It is a strong possibility this could happen at any time though.
I am writing to see if there is any way you could assist me with a referral letter to Housing Authority of Santa Barbara for section 8? Since I am currently able to stay between friends and family I wouldn't want to take a bed away from somebody who also needs assistance just for a referral letter.
I appreciate your consideration on this and look forward to hearing back from you.