Unemployment money for rent

Find how to get help with rent
Brad
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Unemployment money for rent

Post by Brad »

I am needing help with rent and sec. deposit. My fiancee and I have 2 children both boys 2 and 2 months. We are both looking for work and he is currently on unemployment and that just gets us by on what we need. We are staying in a motel room and can't really get into a place paying for motel and need help. Anything would be greatly appreciated!
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Unemployment money for rent

Post by Admin »

If you are in a motel room look into the rapid rehousing program. Call your local community action agency. Find other rent help in Hudson New Jersey. One of the best places to call for help is the The North Hudson Community Action Corporation, and they are located in Broadway NJ. Phone (201) 866-9320. Among other programs, they offer New Jersey SHARES program as well as rent help, eviction prevention, and emergency shelter and food from federal government.

Brad wrote:I am needing help with rent and sec. deposit. My fiancee and I have 2 children both boys 2 and 2 months. We are both looking for work and he is currently on unemployment and that just gets us by on what we need. We are staying in a motel room and can't really get into a place paying for motel and need help. Anything would be greatly appreciated!
Faber

Post by Faber »

I have been unemployed for seven months have been paying rent and bill off of my unemployment of one hundred and fifty dollars and can afford to pay rent for the last two months the month included and i really do need help in paying my rented have been straggling since my husband got killed last year trying to get all the bills caught up is hard cause my husband was the soild provider of the household and i started to work after he died but the place where i was working laid about three hundred people off and its hard to find a job here in Mississippi
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Sorry to hear about husband passing. Yes, it can be difficult to pay bills and rent just on unemployment. But some Mississippi and federal government programs may be able to help, as well as charities. Locate how to get help with rent in Mississippi. Pick your city and county to find local programs and resources that you can look into. Call as soon as possible.
Faber wrote:I have been unemployed for seven months have been paying rent and bill off of my unemployment of one hundred and fifty dollars and can afford to pay rent for the last two months the month included and i really do need help in paying my rented have been straggling since my husband got killed last year trying to get all the bills caught up is hard cause my husband was the soild provider of the household and i started to work after he died but the place where i was working laid about three hundred people off and its hard to find a job here in Mississippi
Agricultural

Post by Agricultural »

My hot water heater rusted out because of bad valve(?) it wont stop filling up and leaking out. I have a hose running from it to outside but it still has caused water company to say theirs a leak and my bill is up to 200.00 maybe more now. I have no income at this time and am in need of help before it gets real cold. I have to heat up my water on stove for bath. My health is getting worse. I am single with no help of any kind, and no money to pay. Also I am behind in my rent and I owe $2,000. I need help with getting my rent paid as soon as possible. I cannot afford to lose my place. I've been unemployed for three years and I have been looking for work. I am a single mother. I have an 11 yr old daughter. I was disowned by my family. They refuse to help me out. Please help me.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

So is it rent or some other expenses that you need help paying. If it is rent, then most programs are local by nature, so we need your state/county in order to provide you with information on various grants and assistance to pay rent. In the meantime, look here for a summary of programs. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/get ... _rent.html
Explore homeless prevention, HUD, and section 8, among other programs and resources.
Agricultural wrote:My hot water heater rusted out because of bad valve(?) it wont stop filling up and leaking out. I have a hose running from it to outside but it still has caused water company to say theirs a leak and my bill is up to 200.00 maybe more now. I have no income at this time and am in need of help before it gets real cold. I have to heat up my water on stove for bath. My health is getting worse. I am single with no help of any kind, and no money to pay. Also I am behind in my rent and I owe $2,000. I need help with getting my rent paid as soon as possible. I cannot afford to lose my place. I've been unemployed for three years and I have been looking for work. I am a single mother. I have an 11 yr old daughter. I was disowned by my family. They refuse to help me out. Please help me.
Camillia

Post by Camillia »

I am currently pursuing a college education and after being fired from my job of 5yrs. I have a financial set back. I have gotten a job and yet it does not pay enough for me to make rent. I have become homeless, staying with friends here and there and now that has become stressful and uncomfortable, I have found apartments and spoken with landlords I just need some help with move in fees until I can work full time during the summer.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

One organization that may have funds for security deposits is the Salvation Army in Washington DC. Especially if you now have a job you are more than likely to give out funds, if they have any. They usually will not give cash to people who are not self-sufficient. Anyway, read more here on the different programs and options for the Salvation Army Washington DC.

Camillia wrote:I am currently pursuing a college education and after being fired from my job of 5yrs. I have a financial set back. I have gotten a job and yet it does not pay enough for me to make rent. I have become homeless, staying with friends here and there and now that has become stressful and uncomfortable, I have found apartments and spoken with landlords I just need some help with move in fees until I can work full time during the summer.
BradyRules

Post by BradyRules »

Hi, I'm the single mom of 1 son and 2 daughters ages 13 and 11. We are now struggling as I've recently got into a situation where I was staying with my aunt in another state for a couple of years while I caught up. Now she's moving to another city in yet a different state (Boston Massachusetts) and she does not want no one to live with her and I couldn't afford to move anyway as I am unemployed with tough economy. now I have to respect that, but at the same time I need to try to make something happen for myself, my son and my girls, and I need to find a home for all of us. Basically I'm trying to get some help paying my rent and housing expenses until I can back get on my feet. Maybe I can get an organization to sponsor my family or something of that sort so we can get caught up, or find some type of low income apartment. My income is $561 a month, now I know that's not enough so that's where the help would come in. I'm located in Hayward,CA, so it would be a long move. Please contact me with anything you can provide. Thank You
Cardinal

Post by Cardinal »

I would like to know if this program can help me with paying my rent. I have applied for section 8, housing vouchers, low income housing, the waiting line is 9 years. I have also gone to my town for help and was turned down. As of July 1st my son and i will be homeless. I am on disability and have been for 10 years. My daughter turned 18 and i lost her benefits. I would like to know if you could help me in any way. Thank you
Schaub

Post by Schaub »

I've been laid-off since March 24th 2012. We were doing OK up until this last month (July) and things are really bad right now. I am going from 1300.00 take home a week to 340.00 a week (unemployment) was and has been taking a toll because our rent on the apartment lease is 2000.00/month. We are now 32 days past due on our rent for July and also August is going to be late as of august 25th. We have 1300.00 of the 2375.00 (with late fees and court costs) for July but won't have any more until 10th we really need help. I'm supposed to go to court over the July rent tomorrow Friday August 3rd 2012. We have been here in this apartment since May 2009. We want to finish our lease out with good terms which is March 2013. If we could somehow get back to paying the normal rate without all the late fees we would be OK but the late fees have put us behind since June 2012. Please help, Thank you for your time.
Plaskey

Post by Plaskey »

My husband has just recently lost his job, and we just had moved into a house that was a lot cheaper than we had been paying. But now since he has lost his job and he is soon to be drawing unemployment we are getting behind on bills. Our rent is due now almost two months and we need help with getting the water and power turned on in our own name. We have no one that can help. If you could help me in any way to keep our four kids and we being without power, water and this home. Thank you so much. We need your help!
The Hobbit

Post by The Hobbit »

Yes, I need help with my rent. I just got back to work and I paid 250 on my rent but I am still short 750.00 because of the late fees. Can you tell my what church in my area that can help me before the end of the month. I live in phoenix Arizona my zip code is 85008. My gas is off to and is 112.00 as well I have a 8 year old and a 3 year old and I really need help.
Brushes

Post by Brushes »

I collect unemployment and am looking for work endlessly. She is going to school (archeology) again starting April 1st (I will hopefully be back in by Winter Quarter for Traveling Physical Therapy or International Business) and she also has a three year old baby living with us. We will need a place to stay urgently by the end of June. I've checked many places where we are looking to stay and they are between $800-$1,000 per month for what we are looking for; a 2 bed 1 bath. We have maybe $700 total and need more to move into the place. I have some bad credit, and no real rental history except good references on the type of person I am and rental history with family for paying rent with them. I know that if we pay some extra cash that they will usually let us in for having the undesirable credit and rental history. But we really do need a place. I just need help figuring out what to do, where to go and how to go about this, fast. Any help would be appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We have extensive information on emergency assistance programs in Maricopa County. Some may be for rent and other programs cover utility bills. We do have information on churches, but you will find details on other resources as well. For example, non-profits are open and have funding. Of course you will need to apply and meet conditions. The information is on the site, and find additional Maricopa assistance programs.