Need help finding rent assistance.

Find how to get help with rent
Irox
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Need help finding rent assistance.

Post by Irox »

I am disabled and aboutto go back in hospital, I just got home from ER. I made a huge mistakes resting to live on my own but I no other choice. Section 8 I'm my areas are not an option as their waiting list is not open here due to lack of funding. I'm exhausted with All the dead end calls and appreciate any ideas to help me find HELP. I am scared out my mind.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need help finding rent assistance.

Post by Admin »

I think cal your local community action agency. Find a listing of community action agencies. Now the major counties are listed on that URL, with links to other states and smaller counties if you do not live in a big county. They will often have limited emergency rent help, or can direct you to an agency to call.
Irox wrote:I am disabled and aboutto go back in hospital, I just got home from ER. I made a huge mistakes resting to live on my own but I no other choice. Section 8 I'm my areas are not an option as their waiting list is not open here due to lack of funding. I'm exhausted with All the dead end calls and appreciate any ideas to help me find HELP. I am scared out my mind.
Dominic

Post by Dominic »

I have tried the the ppl that would help one doesn’t have funds till sept and the other one I used all 3 times they would help in a lifetime when I was waiting for my
disability appeals to go thur. I am on social security disability not ssi. My roommates moved out and turned the lites off, when I tried to get it back on in my name they linked my husbands back bill my back bill and we had a back bill with my daughter name to plus my roommates bill which came to 1100.00 plus 400.00 to turn the lites back on. we have 3 kids and my husband does work for swift transportion, so he is always on the road with things the way they r swift loads have slowed so that cuts his pay at times plus myself and kids stay with friends and family when we can,or we stay at motels and the money I spend staying at these places should go towards that bill but I have to feed my kids and everyone asks me to chip in on there bills for us to stay with them.Please let me no if there is anyone or anything that can help me PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Can you wait until September in order to get housing help. Or is that just to far off and may face an eviction before then. If can't wait, then try Section 8 housing in Pennsylvania for a number of rent assistance programs, counseling, and advice. You should not need to stay at a motel, and section 8 in PA may be exactly what you need in order to get back on your feet and into some affordable housing units or apartments.
Dominic wrote:I have tried the the ppl that would help one doesn’t have funds till sept and the other one I used all 3 times they would help in a lifetime when I was waiting for my
disability appeals to go thur. I am on social security disability not ssi. My roommates moved out and turned the lites off, when I tried to get it back on in my name they linked my husbands back bill my back bill and we had a back bill with my daughter name to plus my roommates bill which came to 1100.00 plus 400.00 to turn the lites back on. we have 3 kids and my husband does work for swift transportion, so he is always on the road with things the way they r swift loads have slowed so that cuts his pay at times plus myself and kids stay with friends and family when we can,or we stay at motels and the money I spend staying at these places should go towards that bill but I have to feed my kids and everyone asks me to chip in on there bills for us to stay with them.Please let me no if there is anyone or anything that can help me PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Goldwolf

Post by Goldwolf »

We are a low income family with two small children. We live pay check to pay check. Most of the time the pay check is gone before we get it. It is a challenge to pay even part of the monthly bills each month. Right now, my monthly bills are all past due. We are in danger of getting evicted from the house we live in. My utilities are in danger of getting shut off. My children are growing out of their clothes. I have no means of child care. If I could afford child care, I could work. The other financial issue I have is coming up with the money needed to get state Substitute Teaching Certification. Currently dealing with about of pneumonia and cannot afford to go to the doctor or get medication. My husband is also not feeling well. I have tried to get funding through Public Health, Ministerial Association. Right now, no one has the funding. I even have a call into Department of Family Services to see what kind of assistants we qualify for; if any. We need help. Please help!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

As you indicated, first you need to pay your rent and other bills before looking into certificate. Maybe can apply for some student loans for those education expenses, or maybe some type of grant program. Here are the Conneticut assistance programs and what you need to get ahead on those bills and rent. There is an option known as the RAP in Connecticut, which can provide emergency rental assistance. Yes, funding is always limited, but you do need to just keep calling around.
Goldwolf wrote:We are a low income family with two small children. We live pay check to pay check. Most of the time the pay check is gone before we get it. It is a challenge to pay even part of the monthly bills each month. Right now, my monthly bills are all past due. We are in danger of getting evicted from the house we live in. My utilities are in danger of getting shut off. My children are growing out of their clothes. I have no means of child care. If I could afford child care, I could work. The other financial issue I have is coming up with the money needed to get state Substitute Teaching Certification. Currently dealing with about of pneumonia and cannot afford to go to the doctor or get medication. My husband is also not feeling well. I have tried to get funding through Public Health, Ministerial Association. Right now, no one has the funding. I even have a call into Department of Family Services to see what kind of assistants we qualify for; if any. We need help. Please help!
DavidTweed

Post by DavidTweed »

hello i need help in paying rent! my landlord is threatening to evict me from my apartment! i just moved here to Reno Nevada still looking for jobs but no luck! i get child support of $600 a month! recently had my utilities shut off and just got it paid and turned back on! im a single mother wit two children! and i keep telling landlord about the cockroach situation he still never did anything about the bugs! i need help im two months behind in rent im asking for help for my family!!
Delores

Post by Delores »

I am in desperate need of rent assistance. I am a 45 year old woman who just had a medical emergency in August of this year. I just recently got discharged to go home from rehab. Our landlord decided that she wanted to give us an eviction because she illegally entered our house with out notice when I was at my rehab facility before my discharge and my daughter was visiting her boyfriend in Ohio, well anyways she know that our 2 dogs have to stay separated . Well when my daughter and I were both gone she put the dogs together , they got in a fight. So she gave us an eviction we are supposed to pay 700 monthly. 350 every 2 weeks til January then we have to move. Well we had court on the 26th of last month and I am still unable to get the 350. My daughters motor seized on the way home from court . I am trying to sell anything in my house to get the money but I am having no luck. The sheriffs office will be here tomorrow to give us the notice to vacate in 72 hours. I have nowhere to go. I am not able to use my left side so I a fully depended on my daughter who no long can do her job because of her car. She and her boyfriend have their own landscaping business. I need help fast. Thank you and God Bless
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is great that daughter has been helping during this time frame. Are you on government disability, or unemployment? That amount of money doesn't seem impossible to get. Also call Salvation Army, church, or other charities in your area. A more extensive listing of programs in Ohio can be found here, at this resource. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/ohi ... grams.html
Basically the state of Ohio offers dozens of heating and utility assistance programs for the low income, unemployed, and others in the community and state of Ohio.
Delores wrote:I am in desperate need of rent assistance. I am a 45 year old woman who just had a medical emergency in August of this year. I just recently got discharged to go home from rehab. Our landlord decided that she wanted to give us an eviction because she illegally entered our house with out notice when I was at my rehab facility before my discharge and my daughter was visiting her boyfriend in Ohio, well anyways she know that our 2 dogs have to stay separated . Well when my daughter and I were both gone she put the dogs together , they got in a fight. So she gave us an eviction we are supposed to pay 700 monthly. 350 every 2 weeks til January then we have to move. Well we had court on the 26th of last month and I am still unable to get the 350. My daughters motor seized on the way home from court . I am trying to sell anything in my house to get the money but I am having no luck. The sheriffs office will be here tomorrow to give us the notice to vacate in 72 hours. I have nowhere to go. I am not able to use my left side so I a fully depended on my daughter who no long can do her job because of her car. She and her boyfriend have their own landscaping business. I need help fast. Thank you and God Bless
The Cooper

Post by The Cooper »

I need help for finding rent assistance for moving. I got a 2 week notice to move because my landlord moved rent up and now my HUD can't help, which makes no sense. I have been cooperative and changed my life for the last 7 years. I am grateful for the assistance, I'm working on achieving my goals for school and I can't believe this is happening. I am scared of what is going too happen.
I been living here for almost two years and now this? How does the government think about or support reform or programs if they just sabotage the clients in a few years? I am chronically disabled and I don't let that define me or get in my way. I was able to learn, observe, and apply the skills I have acquired over the years from groups and programs. I appreciate the support in finding rent help and I hope to find some assistance, I'm willing to volunteer anywhere. Thank you and have a nice day.