Applying for an apartment

Find how to get help with rent
Terese
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Applying for an apartment

Post by Terese »

My son and I currently live with family and i am unemployed. I need to move out due to family issues that cant be resolved. I need assistance for finding a apt for me and my son, rent and bills. Social Services seems to never know how to help as I have been asking for assistance off and on for a few years. I really appreciate if i could be able to get help or pointed in the right direction. Thank you in advance. I live in ocean county nj
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Applying for an apartment

Post by Admin »

Our second request for help from the New Jersey area in a day! Other one was from another part of the state.
Find Ocean County New Jersey programs and resources, as well as a listing of agencies to call and apply at for help.
The number one place to call for housing and rent assistance is the Affordable Housing Alliance. They offer all sorts of rent help, mortgage counseling, and other forms of support. They even run NJ Shares for help with utility bills. Dial 732-389-2958.
Another place to call for assistance is the Ocean County NJ Community Action Agency.(517) 784-4800). They offer apartment eviction prevention, and may have some funds to pay security deposits.

Terese wrote:My son and I currently live with family and i am unemployed. I need to move out due to family issues that cant be resolved. I need assistance for finding a apt for me and my son, rent and bills. Social Services seems to never know how to help as I have been asking for assistance off and on for a few years. I really appreciate if i could be able to get help or pointed in the right direction. Thank you in advance. I live in ocean county nj
Savannah

Post by Savannah »

I'm currently living in a Women's Shelter in Stamford ct 06902 I wanted to know if its possible for you to help me with getting a affordable Housing Unit or some type of Low Income Apartment. I am going to be working in Bridgeport , Connecticut starting on august 26,2011 and I don't have enough money to get an apartment or to Commute back and forth from Stamford to bpt as price of gas is so high. Please help me! if you need a referral please contact me. Let me know where I can apply at for help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Many different agencies and housing groups support the Stamford and Fairfield County Connecticut region. They may be able to help you find affordable housing units or an apartment for low income people.
One of the main housing agencies is the FSW, and they can be called at (203) 368-4291 for more information on rent and financial assistance programs. Counselors may be able to guide you to low income housing in Stamford. More on Fairfield CT rent assistance.
Savannah wrote:I'm currently living in a Women's Shelter in Stamford ct 06902 I wanted to know if its possible for you to help me with getting a affordable Housing Unit or some type of Low Income Apartment. I am going to be working in Bridgeport , Connecticut starting on august 26,2011 and I don't have enough money to get an apartment or to Commute back and forth from Stamford to bpt as price of gas is so high. Please help me! if you need a referral please contact me. Let me know where I can apply at for help.
Olivia12

Post by Olivia12 »

My family of four has been living in motels for a year now. My husband was working a great job but had to let it go due to many absences. Every paycheck he got went straight to the cost of the motel room but his pay was only enough to pay us for up to a week. once that was gone he would go to work 8 hrs get off from work only to work even more collecting scrap metal in order to make the daily room rate. And he did this for about a week until pay day came again. We do have evictions which has limited our options to pretty much nothing unless we dont mind moving our kids to neighborhoods where they will probably get into nothing but trouble. Please can somebody help we have tried literally every option. We also dont qualify for welfare due to an account which my sons great grandmother has for him & is the one and only person who has any kind of access to this account but the county of Philadelphia denied us anyway. Please im desperate.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you are living in motels, and need money for a security deposit and first months rent in Philadelphia, you may have options like the homeless prevention and rapid rehousing programs. Not only does it offer grants to pay motel and hotel costs, but money can pay rent and deposits too. The Philadelphia rent assistance programs are listed here. Call around to different agencies and non-profits. Organizations like Philadelphia Council for Community Advancement is a great place for information and counseling. Call (215) 567-7803.
Olivia12 wrote:My family of four has been living in motels for a year now. My husband was working a great job but had to let it go due to many absences. Every paycheck he got went straight to the cost of the motel room but his pay was only enough to pay us for up to a week. once that was gone he would go to work 8 hrs get off from work only to work even more collecting scrap metal in order to make the daily room rate. And he did this for about a week until pay day came again. We do have evictions which has limited our options to pretty much nothing unless we dont mind moving our kids to neighborhoods where they will probably get into nothing but trouble. Please can somebody help we have tried literally every option. We also dont qualify for welfare due to an account which my sons great grandmother has for him & is the one and only person who has any kind of access to this account but the county of Philadelphia denied us anyway. Please im desperate.
McDooffamily

Post by McDooffamily »

Myself, my wife and newborn and her sister, husband and newborn have been staying with the girls parents to help with their bills because their father has heart problems and can not work. Things have gotten really bad. There is now over 13 people in a 4 bedroom and they drink all the time we have been put out in the middle of the night twice and now there is fighting going on. We need to get our babies out of that house. We want to get a place of our own in Galveston Texas and think we can make the monthly payments but we cannot make the first months rent deposit and utility deposit. We are desperate for help. We all have been threatened physically even though we know it is because of the drinking we have to get out asap
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you do have babies that may be endangered, then use, get out as soon as possible. Usually programs will focus aid on people with kids and babies, so that may work in your favor. Find the Galveston assistance programs here, including rental and low income housing. The Galveston Texas Beacon of Hope Center may be the best place to call for financial aid and support, so try them first and foremost at 409-762-2143 for emergency aid.
McDooffamily wrote:Myself, my wife and newborn and her sister, husband and newborn have been staying with the girls parents to help with their bills because their father has heart problems and can not work. Things have gotten really bad. There is now over 13 people in a 4 bedroom and they drink all the time we have been put out in the middle of the night twice and now there is fighting going on. We need to get our babies out of that house. We want to get a place of our own in Galveston Texas and think we can make the monthly payments but we cannot make the first months rent deposit and utility deposit. We are desperate for help. We all have been threatened physically even though we know it is because of the drinking we have to get out asap
Hopkins

Post by Hopkins »

Hello, my name is Laura. I live in La Marque, Texas in Galveston County and am applying for an apartment. I am looking for a program to help pay my rent for this month or next if it’s not too late to try to sign up. I am the only source of income in my apartment house and it just got difficult with trying to catch up with bills. If you can help me or refer me to a program that can help I will greatly appreciate it. Thank you
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, if you need it for this month, you may be too late. You often need to ask for help days if not weeks in advance.
We can refer you to emergency rental assistance in Galveston County. There are several places that may help you with your apartment needs, and try what we listed.
Hopkins wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:54 am Hello, my name is Laura. I live in La Marque, Texas in Galveston County and am applying for an apartment. I am looking for a program to help pay my rent for this month or next if it’s not too late to try to sign up. I am the only source of income in my apartment house and it just got difficult with trying to catch up with bills. If you can help me or refer me to a program that can help I will greatly appreciate it. Thank you
Mikey1

Post by Mikey1 »

Good Morning, I'm emailing you because I came across you website. I was told there are programs like the ones on your site to help people applying for an apartment. I'm from Newark, Nj, and I'm in a desperate need for help. For almost 3 years I been moving from house to house, it gets really tiresome and I wish I was in a better position but I'm not. I have 3 younger brothers and we are all separated because we don't have the money to get a place to stay. I been practically homeless for a long time, some times I have nowhere to go.
I work 2 jobs and my brother work as well. Stacking money for the rent wouldn't be a problem for us at all. If I was able to find us a place and get help with the security deposit, it would be a big, big help and it would be greatly appreciated. My current living situation isn't the best and I'm just 23 years old looking to have my first apartment and to bring my brothers and myself all back together under one roof again. If you can assist me applying for a rental. Or with anyone in which they can help me, you a be a big life saver. You can get back to me here. Thank you, hope to hear from you soon.