Federal rent program

Find how to get help with rent
Schamberg
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:47 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Federal rent program

Post by Schamberg » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:52 am

I have been in a program with blair couny community action in altoona,pa. The program is ending for me for rent help is aug 1 2011. I am looking for a federal program to help with rent. I own my mobile home pay lot rent and its $240.00 a month. I am on cash assistance with pa welfare $205.00 a month. I have applied for SSD with Social Security Disabilty. Waiting on decision. I need aid for my rent on a federal program used state Pa program.

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7538
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Federal rent program

Post by Admin » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:43 am

We are not sure of federal government housing programs for mobile home lots. We know of many for more call it standard rent, like apartment and renting of a home. However, mobile home assistance may exist...just not sure. Call some of the non-profits and community action agencies in Blair County Pennsylvania. A listing of Blair County assistance programs and resources can be found at the before mentioned link. The number one place to call is the Blair County Community Action Program (phone number (814) 946-3651). They also run the Agency's Homeowners Emergency Mortgage and Housing Assistance Program, which offers funds to pay mortgage and/or rent in a crisis.

Schamberg wrote:I have been in a program with blair couny community action in altoona,pa. The program is ending for me for rent help is aug 1 2011. I am looking for a federal program to help with rent. I own my mobile home pay lot rent and its $240.00 a month. I am on cash assistance with pa welfare $205.00 a month. I have applied for SSD with Social Security Disabilty. Waiting on decision. I need aid for my rent on a federal program used state Pa program.

Apple
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:22 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Federal rent program

Post by Apple » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:31 am

My sister (the other tenant) has lost her job, I work part time in retail in Memphis where they are constantly cutting hours. At this point we are having a hard time making our rent, which is $950.00 a month. The landlord has warned us of an eviction if we can not come up with part of June, the whole month of July, and August rent. I need some assistance in paying my rent until my sister can find another job or I find a better paying job w/ hours. Thank you in advance.

Chaz
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:47 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Federal rent program

Post by Chaz » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:49 am

I HAVE A ONE YEAR OLD SON AND I WENT LOOK FOR BUT NOBODY HIRE RIGHT KNOW SO THAT WAY I GOT A WARRANT FOR MY RENT IN INDIANAPOLIS I GET A LITTER INCOME BUT NOT THAT MUCH MONEY SO THAT WAY I NEED HELP I JUST PRAY THAT I GET A JOB SO I CANT GET PUT OUT OF MY HOUSE FOR ME AND MY SON I RISE HIM BY MYSELF THE MOTHER LEFT HIM WITH ME WHEN HE WAS A BABY THAT WAY IT HARD FOR ME TO GET A JOB THING YOU AND GOD BLESS YOU

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7538
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Federal rent program

Post by Admin » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:57 pm

Find a comprehensive listing of Indianapolis rental assistance programs and agencies. They first and foremost offer eviction prevention and homeless prevention to the needy. Call non-profits like Martin Luther King Community Center at (317) 923-4581 for information and grants.

Chaz wrote:I HAVE A ONE YEAR OLD SON AND I WENT LOOK FOR BUT NOBODY HIRE RIGHT KNOW SO THAT WAY I GOT A WARRANT FOR MY RENT IN INDIANAPOLIS I GET A LITTER INCOME BUT NOT THAT MUCH MONEY SO THAT WAY I NEED HELP I JUST PRAY THAT I GET A JOB SO I CANT GET PUT OUT OF MY HOUSE FOR ME AND MY SON I RISE HIM BY MYSELF THE MOTHER LEFT HIM WITH ME WHEN HE WAS A BABY THAT WAY IT HARD FOR ME TO GET A JOB THING YOU AND GOD BLESS YOU

Roche1
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:32 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Federal rent program

Post by Roche1 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:38 am

We need assistance paying the rent my husband got layoff after the company close in Mesa Arizona. He is getting unemployment while he looks desperately for another job our landlord is raising the rent now to 1075 and we can afford it and we cant afford to live to another place and pay deposits at the moment.Am also looking for any job i can find we desperately need government assistance with out rent any help will be greatly appreciated.

NewYork
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:07 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Federal rent program

Post by NewYork » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:09 am

Hello:
I am trying to get assistance for my daughter and grand son. My daughter just turned 20 years old and has a 3 yr old son. She is a full time college student and her only income is $650 a month from the Veterans Administration Educational Benefit Program. Her rent and utilities cost exactly $900 per month. (Her rent and utilities are included in one monthly payment to her landlord) Leaving her $36 cash. Currently she is $1100 behind in her rent because her school did not file her VA paperwork in time and she did not get her VA check on Oct. 1st. The only assistance she gets from the state is food stamps along with WIC and Medicaid for her son. She gets no cash assistance nor does she get any medical
assistance. She is fearing that unless she can pay her rent in the coming weeks, that she and
her son will get evicted and be homeless. She is also worried that she will not be able to provide any kind of Christmas for her son. My daughter works very hard and is trying to educate herself and make a better life for herself and her son. She goes to college 5 days a week for 7-8 hours per day. I am on a fixed and limited low income....(I only get $664 per month in SSI) because I am disabled.... My daughter is not looking to live off of the system....she is simply needing help for a few months until she can get far enough along in her school to get a part time job in her field of study (Cosmetology). Any information and/or assistance you can provide will be very appreciative.... Thank you very much...

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7538
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Federal rent program

Post by Admin » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:39 am

That income and those expenses just do not add up. she will need to look for a cheaper apartment or reduce expenses in other ways. Your expenses can't be higher than income indefinitely. Even government aid or the scholarship will not allow her to make it over the long term. Can she find an apartment or cheaper lodging? That is great that she is going back to school to try to improve the long term for herself and her child. In meantime, some Contra Costa rent programs or listed here too. Try places like the Hamilton Family Center at phone number of (415) 292-9930.
NewYork wrote:Hello:
I am trying to get assistance for my daughter and grand son. My daughter just turned 20 years old and has a 3 yr old son. She is a full time college student and her only income is $650 a month from the Veterans Administration Educational Benefit Program. Her rent and utilities cost exactly $900 per month. (Her rent and utilities are included in one monthly payment to her landlord) Leaving her $36 cash. Currently she is $1100 behind in her rent because her school did not file her VA paperwork in time and she did not get her VA check on Oct. 1st. The only assistance she gets from the state is food stamps along with WIC and Medicaid for her son. She gets no cash assistance nor does she get any medical
assistance. She is fearing that unless she can pay her rent in the coming weeks, that she and
her son will get evicted and be homeless. She is also worried that she will not be able to provide any kind of Christmas for her son. My daughter works very hard and is trying to educate herself and make a better life for herself and her son. She goes to college 5 days a week for 7-8 hours per day. I am on a fixed and limited low income....(I only get $664 per month in SSI) because I am disabled.... My daughter is not looking to live off of the system....she is simply needing help for a few months until she can get far enough along in her school to get a part time job in her field of study (Cosmetology). Any information and/or assistance you can provide will be very appreciative.... Thank you very much...

chardaebrown18
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:12 pm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Federal rent program

Post by chardaebrown18 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:19 pm

im a single mother on a homeless assistance program in mercer county nj. My assistance for housing ends in jan of 2012. I was laid off from my position so im now only recieving 500 in cash assitance and child support. does anyone know of any programs in nj or pa (im a former bucks county resident) that can help me. I want to move back to pa i have n o support at all in nj. No program ie welfare,shelters, transitional housing will help me because i can not get a referral from social services threw welfare because my time has ended for help there welfares homeless asisstance program... if anyone can help me please contact me

thank you

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7538
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Federal rent program

Post by Admin » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:21 am

If you live in Mercer County New Jersey we think you may need to look into agencies and programs for that county. While we are not sure of any housing programs if that is the reply you received, you can provide you information on more places to call. Find additional information on Mercer County assistance and call some of these agencies, churches, and non-profits. We have a couple dozen agencies listed, and continue to explore the main site of needhelppayingbills.
chardaebrown18 wrote:im a single mother on a homeless assistance program in mercer county nj. My assistance for housing ends in jan of 2012. I was laid off from my position so im now only recieving 500 in cash assitance and child support. does anyone know of any programs in nj or pa (im a former bucks county resident) that can help me. I want to move back to pa i have n o support at all in nj. No program ie welfare,shelters, transitional housing will help me because i can not get a referral from social services threw welfare because my time has ended for help there welfares homeless asisstance program... if anyone can help me please contact me

thank you

KU.G12
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:17 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Federal rent program

Post by KU.G12 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:20 am

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:
I DESPERATELY NEED HELP TO BE ABLE TO MOVE MY SONS MOBILE HOME, BEFORE THE TRAILER PARK THAT HE LIVES IN KEEPS IT, DUE TO PAST RENT THAT HIS DAD HAD AND WAS SUPPOSE TO PAY AND DIDN'T, NOW HE HAS BEEN EVICTED, LOST HIS JOB DUE TO AN ACCIDENT/INJURY THAT HAPPENED AT HOME, THAT ALMOST CAUSED HIM TO LOSE HIS THUMB, HE CUT HIS HAND AND ARM BY A SKILLSAW. HE BOUGHT THE MOBILE HOME WHEN HE WAS 18, I SURE WOULD HATE TO SEE HIM AND HIS FAMILY HOMELESS, PLEASE, PLEASE HELP!!!!!!! PLEASE CONTACT ME AT:

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7538
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Federal rent program

Post by Admin » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:39 am

We are not sure if there are rent programs for Mobile homes. Does he own the lot or long term lease with a landlord. Anyway, we think you just may need to read our main site and about the various rental programs we have listed. Maybe look into homeless prevention or similar services and options. Call around to some non-profits to see if they have ideas on Mobile homes. Do things like that.
KU.G12 wrote:TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:
I DESPERATELY NEED HELP TO BE ABLE TO MOVE MY SONS MOBILE HOME, BEFORE THE TRAILER PARK THAT HE LIVES IN KEEPS IT, DUE TO PAST RENT THAT HIS DAD HAD AND WAS SUPPOSE TO PAY AND DIDN'T, NOW HE HAS BEEN EVICTED, LOST HIS JOB DUE TO AN ACCIDENT/INJURY THAT HAPPENED AT HOME, THAT ALMOST CAUSED HIM TO LOSE HIS THUMB, HE CUT HIS HAND AND ARM BY A SKILLSAW. HE BOUGHT THE MOBILE HOME WHEN HE WAS 18, I SURE WOULD HATE TO SEE HIM AND HIS FAMILY HOMELESS, PLEASE, PLEASE HELP!!!!!!! PLEASE CONTACT ME AT:

Butch
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:07 pm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Federal rent program

Post by Butch » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:44 pm

I need help paying my rent for April because I was laid off a couple weeks before Christmas due to job cuts at the federal government agency. It was due to sequester. I just recently had a newborn son and I really need the assistance. I just started a new job as well but I won’t be paid until a couple weeks by now and I don’t want the late charges to be outrageous. I just really need the help for this month until I can get a paycheck again.

Gennie Were
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:35 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Federal rent program

Post by Gennie Were » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:34 am

Hello, I need help. I am staying with a family member and my time here is running very short. I have no income other than my unemployment benefits. I am trying to find a job as quickly as possible but, as for my housing situation I have nowhere to go. I am having a hard time finding an apartment because I don't have much money and I have bad credit so many places won't accept me. Any information or help you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Consolidated
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 8:15 pm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Federal rent program

Post by Consolidated » Fri May 17, 2013 8:43 pm

Been told either I don’t qualify due to lack of minimum income guidelines, or they are at maximum capacity. I am however on the rental assistance program waiting list but was advised this could take years. I was hoping if I contacted enough agencies perhaps if enough people put whatever they could afford towards assisting me, I could possibly come up with the rent at least for this month. I am also asking if you have any information pertaining to my situation as far as if I do get an eviction letter, where I could go. Shelters, other places that I am not aware of, just somewhere to go temporarily until our original home is finished. Also gas vouchers or gift cards to assist us would help as well. Gift cards to local grocery stores or gas is something I am also in desperate need of. I have plenty of clothes and toys/books thanks to the generosity of the donations we received at the time of the fire. My daughter will be starting kindergarten in August and I don’t even know where we will be. I am suppose to be so excited that she has reached this milestone in her life, instead I cannot sleep at night due to worrying about not having a roof over our head. Also my youngest who will be 2 in August is severely speech delayed and I am going through the proper motions with "Child Find"; who will assess him and provide him with help if he has a disability, and definitely assist him with speech. I am very happy to have this done, but if I am not living here in Fairfax County Virginia, I cannot utilize this resource. So as you see my situation is long and complex and I am in dire need of help. Please let me now if you can provide me with any type of financial assistance, or information on where my children and I could live until our home is rebuilt or we find more permanent housing. Thank you for taking the time to read this and please, I beg you, try to help me if you are able. I know the Lord will get me through this and I believe with HIM all things are possible, so I may be discouraged but NEVER will I give up trying. Thank you for your consideration.

Post Reply