Missed paying rent payment

Find how to get help with rent
Loreal
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Missed paying rent payment

Post by Loreal »

I was laid off from my job and couldn't pay the rent due June 17th ($1300) I have 2 upcoming job interviews that are promising - but one will not be hiring until Aug. 1. I am praying I will get one of these and should know in the next week, but my landlord has requested my rent be paid in full or move out by the end of the month - I have a total of 3 teenage children and no place to go & a home full of furniture and our belongings.
Massey

Re: Missed paying rent payment

Post by Massey »

I am needing any information you can give me regarding rental assistance. I am a single mother with three children. I rent in Tecumseh and my landlord has just informed me that the property has been sold and I have a week to move. I have looked at some houses and apartment and just can not come up the security deposit and rent in such a short period of time. I know there is section 8 but with the list so long I don't have time to wait. I am in desperate need!! any
information you could give would be so helpful. My income is about $22,000 per year. If I can not find anything my only other option is to quit my job and move three hours away to my mothers. My children and I would lose our Insurance and I don't want that to happen. I just need help getting into a place. Again any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated ....Thank you very much
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

Where is Tecumseh? Is that New Mexico. We think it is. Section 8 usually does have a long waiting list. But the best thing to do is to apply and get on the list. Locate other rent assistance in Bernalillo County New Mexico. Usually an income of low 20s per year will allow you to qualify for financial aid for paying rent and other assistance. One of main places o call is the Albuquerque New Mexico Catholic Charities which can be reached at (505) 247-0442. They are always one of the best places to call for housing and rent help.
Massey wrote:I am needing any information you can give me regarding rental assistance. I am a single mother with three children. I rent in Tecumseh and my landlord has just informed me that the property has been sold and I have a week to move. I have looked at some houses and apartment and just can not come up the security deposit and rent in such a short period of time. I know there is section 8 but with the list so long I don't have time to wait. I am in desperate need!! any
information you could give would be so helpful. My income is about $22,000 per year. If I can not find anything my only other option is to quit my job and move three hours away to my mothers. My children and I would lose our Insurance and I don't want that to happen. I just need help getting into a place. Again any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated ....Thank you very much
NicoleIa

Post by NicoleIa »

I am from Miami,FL. I am having maJor problem paying the bills I'm 3 months late on rent trying to keep the lights on is a struggle. I have a family and I'm trying to avoid being evicted. Section 8 hasn't been any help. The job market is not to good. Where can I receive assistants?
McKnight

Post by McKnight »

hey i am a resident at a pretty cheap apartment complex in Wichita Kansas. Or at least i thought! me and my fiance moved in here under the impression by there sign and everything the landlord told us for 200 dollars on a move in special. "200 dollars moves u in until next months rent" is what i heard then after we signed the lease the landlord needed 90 dollars for the rest of this month. i work for the us army reserves my paycheck isnt that much. Please help!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

What did the lease agreement say? Did the landlord in effect lie, as if they did then you can cancel the lease and find another apartment. If they misrepresented themselves then you would not be obligated to stay there. In the meantime here is information on Kansas assistance programs. Scroll down the page and select your city and County of Wichita for housing assistance.
McKnight wrote:hey i am a resident at a pretty cheap apartment complex in Wichita Kansas. Or at least i thought! me and my fiance moved in here under the impression by there sign and everything the landlord told us for 200 dollars on a move in special. "200 dollars moves u in until next months rent" is what i heard then after we signed the lease the landlord needed 90 dollars for the rest of this month. i work for the us army reserves my paycheck isnt that much. Please help!
Jeremiah

Post by Jeremiah »

I LIVE IN TORRINGTON, CONNECTICUT. MY HUSBAND MICHAEL AND I OUR IN NEED OF EMERGENCY HELP, WE ARE BEING EVICTED UNLESS WE CAN COME UP WITH A TOTAL LUMP SUM OF $7,800.00 BY JUNE 20TH. IF NOT WE HAVE TO BE OUT BY JULY 1ST. OUR ONLY INCOME AT THIS TIME IS MY HUSBANDS DISABILITY CHECK. WE HAVE A SON IN HIGH SCHOOL AND NO WERE TO GO. WE HAVE LIVED HERE FOR 8 YRS AND HAVE BEEN BEHIND BEFORE BUT HAVE ALWAYS PAID IT OFF. WE WENT TO HOUSING COURT TUESDAY AND THEY WON'T LET US WORK OUT A PAYMENT PLAN. WE ARE IN NEED OF HELP PAYING THIS OFF. ANY HELP YOU CAN GIVE US WOULD BE GREAT. WE DON'T HAVE ANY WERE TO GO. THERE IS NOTHING WORSE THAN HAVING THE FEELING OF HELPLESSNESS. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.
Cuban

Post by Cuban »

I live with my mother father and brother with my 3 small children. It is not a good living situation do to health. Reasons constant verbal abuse and sometimes physical abuse my children have to sleep in the bed with me because the apartment has only 2 bedrooms and its just to many people here. I lost my section 8 housing. Because I trusted some one when I became disabled and was waiting for my disability case to be heard and now I have tried everything possible. To get it back but the Murfreesboro Tennessee housing authority and bud said they have no money to give vouchers at this time but yet they are handing them to the people who live in projects. Meanwhile I and my children sometimes spend the night with fifteenth people and sometimes in a car. I have pushed the disability to the side and have found a place willing to give me a job and a place willing to rent me a house the problem is I have to come up with the first months. Rent and a security deposit and I just don't have it but when I start the job which isn't until next week I will be able to pay the rent an utilities. I just have to act on the house and quickly before some gets it me and my children need this help so desperately. If there is anything anyone can do we would appreciate it so much.
J Becket

Post by J Becket »

We need help paying the rent. I went to school from 2/2012 to 11/2012 for medical assistant. On 12/2012 my unemployment stopped and jobs are still hard to find. I’ve sold my motorcycle and a small camper to help pay the bills but now I have nothing left to sell and still cannot find work. I’m looking for help with our rent for the next month or two and if possible some help with some medical bills. Thank You.
JamesGag

Post by JamesGag »

Hello, I am a single mother if two children boy and girl ages 12 and 10. We moved here 9 months ago from Mississippi to make a better life for ourselves. I am currently employed with McDonalds. Recently I moved into my own apartment with my children. The issue with that is that the apartment is in a good friend's name, who will and can also verify this information. The electricity bill is in my name but not the lease. Due to my past history back home, I was denied several times as I applied for living arrangements so I seek a friend's help. Back at home, I had a hard financial situation due to a lack of employment and other issues. I received assistance to help out with rent and light and worked in between jobs to keep us stable. I love Texas and so does my children. I came into hardship this month because I had to go back home due to death in my family back to back. I also had to rent an U haul to bring my furniture and items back to Texas so that I wouldn't have to search and look for furniture and other items. This process delayed me from being able to pay my rent in full. I had to take a week off of work to handle this matter. I do not know where else to turn for help because I do not have a lease with my name on it. I am a very reliable person who likes to get things done on time if possible. I desperately need assistance paying my April's rent. If anyone can help me please feel free and give me a call. Thank you.
AmericanG

Post by AmericanG »

We are currently living in a house and we haven't been able to pay July rent and we don't want to have to move. My husband is trying to find work but has a heart condition so it has been really hard for him to get a job. I work full time but don't make enough to pay everything. We need to pay 600 by June 20th, 2014 so we don't have to move. Please help.
MtnDew

Post by MtnDew »

I'm a single mother of five children, two already graduated from high school and them barley starting their lives. As for me I'm working as caregiver at an agency but the pay is very low and I lost a client. Now I have one but not enough hours to provide for myself and family. Plus where we live the property manager raise my rent. I can't afford it. I don't know what to do.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Can you get a new client and then put that income towards the rent? Also, sounds as if your kids are working age. Any reason they can't get a job in the Rochester New York area? Anyhow, it is key to increase your income to keep up in today's day and age. There are agencies that may be able to advise you, and find details on the Monroe County agencies that help with rent.
Happygolucky

Post by Happygolucky »

I currently stay in Round rock, TX 78664. I’m currently being evicted from my apartment due to missed rent payments. A Williamson county constable tried to serve me papers today but I wasn’t home. My landlord won’t speak to me, won’t respond to my text, etc. She is racist against white people. She violated my privacy rights by talking to other tenants stating that I’m a drug addict. I’ve tried to contact her boss and haven’t gotten any response. Please text me.
Hotmom

Post by Hotmom »

I would greatly gracefully appreciate it if y'all could help me pay my rent as I missed the last rent payment. I have been working at a company called country fresh foods and they laid me off and I've been struggling and having a hard time since then. If you could help me I'm behind on my rent and on the urge of getting kicked out I only owe about 200 dollars on my rent payment.