need emergency help with rent facing eviction with 5 kids

Find how to get help with rent
smcdtm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

need emergency help with rent facing eviction with 5 kids

Post by smcdtm »

is there any place in florida that will help a single parent of 5 with rent we are facing eviction this week i applied for the emergency fund but it only gives you 400 towards the rent and we need to come up with 900 this week or the sheriff will kick us out i have tried everywhere in florida and they have no funding right now i have sold off everything including my bed washer ,dryer just to pay the bills they have garnished my check for two months to pay for medical bills for my daughter who had scoliosis and needed back surgery i didnt have any insurance at the time and it was an emergency surgery so i had no choice at the time my child was more important please if there is any help out there i would appreciate it we dont have a pennie i have no money for personal items for my girls i dont know where we can get help from it seems like there is no where to turn too .if i can receive help i will forward my landlords information and i can provide the eviction notice to proove this is happening .may god bless everyone on here i think we all need a little miracle..
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: need emergency help with rent facing eviction with 5 kid

Post by Admin »

It really depends on your city, town, or county in Florida. Almost all effective assistance is offered at the local level. There is the statewide Emergency Financial Assistance for Housing Program (EFAHP) which sounds like you applied for already. Use the following link, scroll midway down to find your county/city, and starting calling the agencies referenced. Find a list of Florida rent assistance programs and agencies.
smcdtm wrote:is there any place in florida that will help a single parent of 5 with rent we are facing eviction this week i applied for the emergency fund but it only gives you 400 towards the rent and we need to come up with 900 this week or the sheriff will kick us out i have tried everywhere in florida and they have no funding right now i have sold off everything including my bed washer ,dryer just to pay the bills they have garnished my check for two months to pay for medical bills for my daughter who had scoliosis and needed back surgery i didnt have any insurance at the time and it was an emergency surgery so i had no choice at the time my child was more important please if there is any help out there i would appreciate it we dont have a pennie i have no money for personal items for my girls i dont know where we can get help from it seems like there is no where to turn too .if i can receive help i will forward my landlords information and i can provide the eviction notice to proove this is happening .may god bless everyone on here i think we all need a little miracle..
Shades

Post by Shades »

My husband recently got out the military and we moved into these apartments with his last check from the Army but he just got a job and I recently got laid off from my job and our rent is past due and we are trying to stay in these apartments. I just had my twins and plus I have a 3 year old and 2 year old. Please we need your help. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Did your husband check with the military for any emergency housing? As if he just left the service, they should easily be able to help him transition to the new apartment. So something doesn't add up in your request. But find other resources and non-profits that may provide emergency money for rent.
Mussoline

Re: need emergency help with rent facing eviction with 5 kids

Post by Mussoline »

To whom it may concern. I'm turning to you for emergency help to try and stop my family from being evicted. I work hard to take care of us but my pay has been cut due to slow season at work. I'm behind on my rent and my landlady has been an angel in trying to work with us but it’s fast approaching the first of the month which puts us further behind. I have tried and tried to get through to local agencies and it’s almost impossible!!! Either the appointments are filled quickly or no funds are left. I just don't know what to do. If I can get help she is willing to stop the eviction but time is of the essence. I have a 6 year old little girl that I don't want to see in the street and 4 step kids. If you can help PLEASE let me know. I'm praying god will grant me favor in this matter. God bless and thank you for taking the time to read this.
PaulineK

Post by PaulineK »

Hello, I was referred to your website and email by a friend and I am looking for emergency rent assistance. I have 5 kids and the rest of my story is below and wondering if there is any way you could help me.  I have been struggling as my jobs have not been working out well-meaning the pay wasn't good and was not able to help me provide for my family, spouse and toddler and I'm unable to get food stamps or assistance like that as well. And not working many hours and pay is very little and I've tried to keep up on my bills and I have not been able to pay my rent in full and only able to split my money between bills and my landlord has been working with me but now she is not anymore. This is very embarrassing for me, as my husband has been trying to do everything on his own until I can get stable paychecks and it been like this for a while because the jobs I did have they were not paying much and I was not bringing home a lot of money so it was not contributing to much of anything, so my husband been trying to do it alone plus while trying to also pay for daycare.  My landlord wants to give me a notice of eviction and I'm trying to avoid that by making some type of emergency rent payment to here. I have started a brand new job and it’s a great job it’s with the DMV of state of Wisconsin and very good money BUT I do not get my first check until January 31st and then my checks will start coming in.. and once I get steady checks coming in I will be able to get back on top and be able to make my payments since there will be two incomes and two good incomes and we will not have this problem. i will then be able to provide the housing for my 5 kids. Wondering if this is something you can help me with since I was referred to you. Please let me know. I can take phone calls but only when I'm available.   Thank you for your time. 
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Another story of single parent (mostly mothers) with not just one kid but 5 and having zero means to support them, so stable or high paying job, education, etc. We can't help you. Without any skills or potential for employment, we doubt anyone can but try eviction help in Wisconsin. Pursue partner for child support, and, most importantly, get skills for a decent paying job in Wisconsin.
PaulineK wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:49 am i will then be able to provide the housing for my 5 kids. Wondering if this is something you can help me with since I was referred to you. Please let me know. I can take phone calls but only when I'm available.   Thank you for your time.