Need help finding a home

Find how to get help with rent
CJordan
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Need help finding a home

Post by CJordan »

I am almost 60. I have no home. I have no job. Have applied for a few but have no training. I have also applied for disability due to my medical problems. I am need of a home and help with the rent. I have food stamps for food. I am unsure of what resources are out there for me. Any information you can provide will help. Thanks in advance.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need help finding a home

Post by Admin »

Hi,
What state or county? Maybe look into the homeless prevention and rapid rehousing program. Also try section 8, although there is usually a waiting list. The best place to ask about these and other options may be your local community action agency. A listing of the major cities and counties are on the previous link. If your county is not listed scroll to the bottom to find other, non-major counties and cities.
CJordan wrote:I am almost 60. I have no home. I have no job. Have applied for a few but have no training. I have also applied for disability due to my medical problems. I am need of a home and help with the rent. I have food stamps for food. I am unsure of what resources are out there for me. Any information you can provide will help. Thanks in advance.
CJordan

Post by CJordan »

I am in baldwin county alabama.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Thanks. So there are a few places we have listed in our database. They include the following. Salvation Army of Mobile (251) 438-1625 has vouchers for rent, food, clothing, and other aid. I think probably the number one place to call is the Community Action Agency of Baldwin County, which has many low income programs, and ways to help people become self sufficient over long term. Dial (251) 626-2646. So there are some options, and the main site has many more listed. More Baldwin County Alabama assistance programs and services
CJordan wrote:I am in baldwin county alabama.
Keefer

Post by Keefer »

I am a Cuban American who family is homeless we are 3 including a 11 year old girl , we are correctly I'm a situation I know many family are suffering now , we move to Miami 6 month ago hoping to fin job and housing bout some how god wanted us to Learn or experience the other side of poverty we are a catholic family with a tremendous faith and love for our savior so any thing the god give us in all this month we take it as a testing for his love, I'm a mother and wife we are together as family like the church teach , now we have to do something to find a home a job and establishment to continue I have apply for many job my husband too
with out a home and staying hear and there hard , I need help with housing for mine family we staying in many places in not healthy for my little girl Even her smile and faith never stop given us strength please I ask for simple orientation or address to go or phone to call to assist us with temporary home for us to continue and finally find a job to support my family we both Cuban American no alcohol or drugs user just a family who lost everything material bout no our faith is hard to ask bout god say seek and you should find , the soon I cam find a home I can continue applying I'm a CNA and with a place and having my family in a safe home me and my husband can continue searching , the anxiety Hard to fight in moment like this , we need you help and assistant before things gets more worth my little girl need to go to school and start s new life I'm vary afraid to shelter or may be the luck of knowledge in the mid time we are surviving in the best and more dissent ways taking good care of our girl and
keeping our faith strong any information or help you can provide please I deeply appreciate . God bless
Patty

Post by Patty »

I am writing on behalf of a friend. He is 22yrs old and moves around in his motorhome. He has had a recent string of bad luck since his folks moved to PA. He has no job and although he is applying left and right nobody is giving him a chance. He has no money and no home other than the one on wheels which has to be frequently moved due to laws about parking. He has tried to get financial assistance and was told basically in a professional way that he is not homeless enough. He and his g/f move around constantly and barely eat and sleep. I cannot have them stay with me due to living in govt assisted housing myself. I am at a loss as to what he can do to get on the right track and all leads I have followed have ended in the same result, unless he is a senior citizen 65 or older nobody can help.
taras630

Post by taras630 »

Hi, my family and I need help finding a home. My family includes my husband, my 2 year old son, my father in law and myself. We are in the process of being evicted now. I have tried to reach out to every place I could think. Everyone had a wait list that's a year long, didn't have enough funds or couldn't help me in my situation. We are all out of a job. My husband is a convicted felon, father in law has a few misdemeanors and I don't have enough job experience and haven't worked in 2 1/2 years. McDonalds won't even hire us! It is so frustrating that we have $15 to our name, our water was shut off today ($35 bill plus activation fee) and our electric company says since we don't pay on time they're charging us an additional $101 deposit that has to be paid by the 1st or that gets shut off! I just enrolled in college to better myself and although the state pays for it and more, I don't get that money for 3 weeks! HELP I'm all out of options!

P.S. I am in florida
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We do have a number of rent assistance and low income housing programs listed for the state of Florida. use the following link to get information on Florida rent help. Scroll midway down the page to select your county, and start calling agencies and government programs for your county. Also look into the Florida state run Emergency Financial Assistance for Housing Program (EFAHP), which can be reached at (850) 922-4691.
taras630 wrote:Hi, my family and I need help finding a home. My family includes my husband, my 2 year old son, my father in law and myself. We are in the process of being evicted now. I have tried to reach out to every place I could think. Everyone had a wait list that's a year long, didn't have enough funds or couldn't help me in my situation. We are all out of a job. My husband is a convicted felon, father in law has a few misdemeanors and I don't have enough job experience and haven't worked in 2 1/2 years. McDonalds won't even hire us! It is so frustrating that we have $15 to our name, our water was shut off today ($35 bill plus activation fee) and our electric company says since we don't pay on time they're charging us an additional $101 deposit that has to be paid by the 1st or that gets shut off! I just enrolled in college to better myself and although the state pays for it and more, I don't get that money for 3 weeks! HELP I'm all out of options!

P.S. I am in florida