Disability voucher to pay rent

Find how to get help with rent
TimothyMcConnel
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Disability voucher to pay rent

Post by TimothyMcConnel »

To whom it may concern:
I am currently residing at the Chickasaw Nation Domestic Violence Shelter. I have applied for and received a voucher to pay my rent, though the Chickasaw Nation. I cannot work. I have applied for disability. I have been searching for a place that is all bills paid and haven't been able to find anything my voucher will cover. I am running out of time to stay here at the shelter. The people here at the shelter will help me get my utilities turned on by paying the deposits. Here is where I am needing help. After I get into a place I am going to need somebody to pay my electric til my disability kicks in. I have been racking my brain to try and figure out how I am going to make it. I do not have any family here. I don't know anyone here. The little bit of family I do have does not have the means to help with my bills, they are barely getting by themselves. Could you please help me?
Sincerely,
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Disability voucher to pay rent

Post by Admin »

Where exactly is Chickasaw Nation located. Is that in Oklahoma? There are some government programs that can help pay rent, security deposits, and try to get people out of homeless shelters. the main programs is the Rapid rehousing program, which is from government stimulus funds. Find other Oklahoma assistance programs too, all of which may address housing needs.

TimothyMcConnel wrote:To whom it may concern:
I am currently residing at the Chickasaw Nation Domestic Violence Shelter. I have applied for and received a voucher to pay my rent, though the Chickasaw Nation. I cannot work. I have applied for disability. I have been searching for a place that is all bills paid and haven't been able to find anything my voucher will cover. I am running out of time to stay here at the shelter. The people here at the shelter will help me get my utilities turned on by paying the deposits. Here is where I am needing help. After I get into a place I am going to need somebody to pay my electric til my disability kicks in. I have been racking my brain to try and figure out how I am going to make it. I do not have any family here. I don't know anyone here. The little bit of family I do have does not have the means to help with my bills, they are barely getting by themselves. Could you please help me?
Sincerely,
Newegg

Post by Newegg »

I'm currently disabled and I'm having a hard time paying for my rent. My disability check doesn't cover all of my rent and all of my bills. I am also unable to afford food on a regular basis and my fiance' is currently working 6 part time jobs and it is still not getting us through. we constantly have to go scrapping and that is even just enough to pay for gas so that i can get to dialysis on a regular basis or a near regular basis. also my meds and health seem to be out of control. so if there is any help that you can help with whether it be rent or food of gas so that i can get to dialysis and doctors on a regular basis. it also doesn't help that i have a very bad case of depression and anxiety. i constantly have anxiety attacks because of the worries of not being able to make it to the next day. so thank you again for taking the time out of your day to read over this and i thank you even more if you are able to help in any sort of way.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We always say the first thing people need to do is get food. Then they can worry about rent, energy bills, housing, and medical bills. Find a listing of food pantries by state, and call around and apply for help.
Newegg wrote:I'm currently disabled and I'm having a hard time paying for my rent. My disability check doesn't cover all of my rent and all of my bills. I am also unable to afford food on a regular basis and my fiance' is currently working 6 part time jobs and it is still not getting us through. we constantly have to go scrapping and that is even just enough to pay for gas so that i can get to dialysis on a regular basis or a near regular basis. also my meds and health seem to be out of control. so if there is any help that you can help with whether it be rent or food of gas so that i can get to dialysis and doctors on a regular basis. it also doesn't help that i have a very bad case of depression and anxiety. i constantly have anxiety attacks because of the worries of not being able to make it to the next day. so thank you again for taking the time out of your day to read over this and i thank you even more if you are able to help in any sort of way.
Knuckledown

Post by Knuckledown »

I need help with my rent. I am disabled, and live alone. My ssdi monthly is $1302 a month. Out of the $1302. i have to pay for my part D prescription program. My rent is $725. a month. I can't not make ends meet. I have no help from family. If i lose my apt. i have no where to go. I signed up for section 8. They say that the waiting list is about 7 to 10 years,to be on the waiting list. I'm looking for some type of rent subsidy I have to pay for cable, phone,electric, gas for my car( to go to appointments) car up keep, car insurance and some of my prescriptions,i have to pay full price, when i get into the gap. What should i do? Thank You
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, need to cut expenses first of all, like cable and phone. Look into the Lifeline free phone program instead. Try discount prescriptions from places like Wal Mart. Find other Philadelphia assistance programs too for information on rent assistance, medication, and help from Pennsylvania disability programs.

Knuckledown wrote:I need help with my rent. I am disabled, and live alone. My ssdi monthly is $1302 a month. Out of the $1302. i have to pay for my part D prescription program. My rent is $725. a month. I can't not make ends meet. I have no help from family. If i lose my apt. i have no where to go. I signed up for section 8. They say that the waiting list is about 7 to 10 years,to be on the waiting list. I'm looking for some type of rent subsidy I have to pay for cable, phone,electric, gas for my car( to go to appointments) car up keep, car insurance and some of my prescriptions,i have to pay full price, when i get into the gap. What should i do? Thank You
Oswald12

Post by Oswald12 »

Hi, I am disabled and on SSI. That is my only income. I am in need of rent help this month and I wondered if you know of any assistance? My rent is due today. I already tried Llacca in Lima Ohio and they require an eviction notice to give any help. I don't want to let it go that long because it will ruin my credit and also because I don't want to do that to my landlord. My rent is due today and if you know of any help it would be greatly appreciated. I live in Allen County Ohio. My city is Delphos Ohio.
D Sullivan

Post by D Sullivan »

Our tenancy is being terminated from where we live in Pasco Public Housing Authority and we have until March 30th to move out. My family is a low income family with a disabled member. We need to look for a place there are 3 kids, I am one of them and the only adult is my mother. Any suggestions on what to do? We can't afford to pay more than 500 monthly.
Covidien

Post by Covidien »

I am staying with some friends and have been for 1 year since I became disabled. I have to find a place to live by the 1st of the July. I only make 820.00 dollars a month and I am having to pay off some medical bills. I live in Clay county Florida. I am very desperate for some type of voucher. I have looked and tried everything including writing the Gov. Gov Rick Scott. I will be living in my car starting July 1st so if you could please respond before then I would appreciate it.
Carolyn12

Post by Carolyn12 »

I need some information in how I can get some assistance to move out of where I am living now as I am disabled. The rent is way too high and I cannot pay it- my salary is not too high, even when counting the voucher I get. I am 59 years old and I was bed ridden for 6 month due to a foot ulcer that is not completely cured. I have my son who is desperately looking for work but it’s been a nightmare. We are facing eviction and have no food until I get pay again or get a higher voucher for my rent from the disability office. I hope I will hear from you because I do not have any other way turn.