I am homeless

Find how to get help with rent
GabrielTh
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

I am homeless

Post by GabrielTh »

Iv been homeless for 1yr now,I saved enough money to put down my first months rent which the lease is due to start July 1,2011. Due to my current health disability I'm not able to pay the security deposit or last month requirement. Iv been seperated from my children and we were all going to be reunited as of the start date of my lease. Please I'm in desperate need of rental deposit assistance.Thank You
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: I am homeless

Post by Admin »

So you need help getting into a home or apartment. The government created with Obama stimulus money a rapid rehousing program. It is called homeless prevention and rapid rehousing. Money can be available for security deposits, first months rent, and even counselors can locate an affordable home for you, and provide counseling (such as budgeting and debt reduction) to ensure you stay on track once you get situated.
GabrielTh wrote:Iv been homeless for 1yr now,I saved enough money to put down my first months rent which the lease is due to start July 1,2011. Due to my current health disability I'm not able to pay the security deposit or last month requirement. Iv been seperated from my children and we were all going to be reunited as of the start date of my lease. Please I'm in desperate need of rental deposit assistance.Thank You
MinVicking

Post by MinVicking »

I've been laid off for a little while, and i am living with my mother, but she is abusive and i dont want my kids in the environment anymore. I have found a house with a rent for 900$ in Cleveland Ohio. Is there any organization that can help me with my rent and security deposit? I need it as soon as possible, i cant live in this environment anymore, its stressing my children out. I am currently on the verge of homeless with my seven year old son. I left a domestic violence relationship, I have nowhere to go with my son and we are soon to be living out of my car. With the winter months approaching, I don't want to be on the streets. I get unemployment, but I don't make enough to get a place on my own.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, many profits programs for victims of domestic violence exist. Read about Cleveland rent assistance charities, agencies, and government programs. Try calling places like the Salvation Army of Cuyahoga County at 216.588.9376 or the Harry Ratner/Samuel D. and May Wise Human Service Funds (216) 566-1262. Both either have rental grant programs and deposits for Cleveland families, or they can refer you to other agencies in the Cuyahoga County Ohio area.
MinVicking wrote:I've been laid off for a little while, and i am living with my mother, but she is abusive and i dont want my kids in the environment anymore. I have found a house with a rent for 900$ in Cleveland Ohio. Is there any organization that can help me with my rent and security deposit? I need it as soon as possible, i cant live in this environment anymore, its stressing my children out. I am currently on the verge of homeless with my seven year old son. I left a domestic violence relationship, I have nowhere to go with my son and we are soon to be living out of my car. With the winter months approaching, I don't want to be on the streets. I get unemployment, but I don't make enough to get a place on my own.
Josepha

Post by Josepha »

IM IN NEED OF GETTING A PLACE 2 LIVE SO I CAN GET MY 12 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER HOME. I ONLY HAVE A VERY SHORT TIME BEFORE THEY ADOPT HIM OUT. AND I DONT WANT 2 LOSE MY CHILD. I WORK I JUST NEED HELP GETTING ON MY FEET. IM IN THE SWAINSBORO GA AREA. IF ANYONE CAN HELP IT WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. I HAVE FOUND A PLACE BUT THE COST TO MOVE IN IS 550.00. THAT'S THE RENT AND DEPOSIT. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME. IM IN NEED REALLY BAD.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Here is information on our Georgia assistance programs. Select your county or town of Swainsboro from the list midway down the page. They may have some funds for that security deposit or first months rent, so good luck to you.
Josepha wrote:IM IN NEED OF GETTING A PLACE 2 LIVE SO I CAN GET MY 12 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER HOME. I ONLY HAVE A VERY SHORT TIME BEFORE THEY ADOPT HIM OUT. AND I DONT WANT 2 LOSE MY CHILD. I WORK I JUST NEED HELP GETTING ON MY FEET. IM IN THE SWAINSBORO GA AREA. IF ANYONE CAN HELP IT WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. I HAVE FOUND A PLACE BUT THE COST TO MOVE IN IS 550.00. THAT'S THE RENT AND DEPOSIT. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME. IM IN NEED REALLY BAD.
Happygolucky

Post by Happygolucky »

My husband and in-laws (mother-in-law and siblings) had a family squabble recently and we ended up getting a TRO. This suddenly made us homeless. We have nowhere to go as we have 5 pets (3 small dogs and 2 cats). To make it worse, I am 3 months pregnant with second child. I've called all the agencies in this website and no one can help me because I have a full-time job. Does this mean only unemployed people can get help?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The housing and urban development agency may be a great bet for you if you are homeless. A counselor can guide you through housing options, direct you to voucher programs, and probably be able to get you on a waiting list for section 8 housing. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/hou ... ment_.html Is a summary of the program. A local public housing agency is the most effective place to call to sign up for the vouchers.
Happygolucky wrote:My husband and in-laws (mother-in-law and siblings) had a family squabble recently and we ended up getting a TRO. This suddenly made us homeless. We have nowhere to go as we have 5 pets (3 small dogs and 2 cats). To make it worse, I am 3 months pregnant with second child. I've called all the agencies in this website and no one can help me because I have a full-time job. Does this mean only unemployed people can get help?
Jobless

Post by Jobless »

Homeless at the time staying with a friend not a safe place last landlord would not fix my roof an it fell in in the bedroom area she said she would fix it but never heard from her i got sick from the rain an mold im on ssi couldn't pay my light bill so i ended up leaving my house an putting my things in storage i let a friend borrow my car an the police impounded it i didn't know the person had no license now im on foot an homeless. I am currently in a training program to become a manager, but its unpaid, its a 2 month program. My 6 month pregnant fiancee is the only one working, but she barely makes enough to cover rent, if at all. Any help would be a Godsend, as we only need help for one month in order to save up for the second month easier. Thank you for your time.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, same money will going through that training so you will be able to pay your security deposit and first months rent. Many charities and government agencies have special programs for the currently homeless to help them find low income housing. You can find most, if not all the resources and rent assistance programs on our site. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/get ... _rent.html Dozens of links will direct you to phone numbers and addresses of agencies to call for rent help.
Jobless wrote:Homeless at the time staying with a friend not a safe place last landlord would not fix my roof an it fell in in the bedroom area she said she would fix it but never heard from her i got sick from the rain an mold im on ssi couldn't pay my light bill so i ended up leaving my house an putting my things in storage i let a friend borrow my car an the police impounded it i didn't know the person had no license now im on foot an homeless. I am currently in a training program to become a manager, but its unpaid, its a 2 month program. My 6 month pregnant fiancee is the only one working, but she barely makes enough to cover rent, if at all. Any help would be a Godsend, as we only need help for one month in order to save up for the second month easier. Thank you for your time.
Mr.Soft

Post by Mr.Soft »

We are a family of four. My wife and I have two children under the age of six. We have lost everything and are now homeless and hopeless. We are currently staying with family but are somewhat unwelcome as we are seen as a burden. I am an entrepreneur and is currently building a business with a few partners. I have a successful outlook on our projects over the next few months but need assistance in finding shelter and childcare services until we get back on our feet. I have been looking for work but unable to secure anything. We are in desperate need of help. Please help us.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, you do not want to be homeless during the winter in Massachusetts. Massachusetts does have various cold weather shelters, and it really depends on the town and city where you live in the state. We hope you business does well. And here are your Massachusetts assistance programs and resources.
Mr.Soft wrote:We are a family of four. My wife and I have two children under the age of six. We have lost everything and are now homeless and hopeless. We are currently staying with family but are somewhat unwelcome as we are seen as a burden. I am an entrepreneur and is currently building a business with a few partners. I have a successful outlook on our projects over the next few months but need assistance in finding shelter and childcare services until we get back on our feet. I have been looking for work but unable to secure anything. We are in desperate need of help. Please help us.
Roker

Post by Roker »

I am 3 months pregnant and my fiancé and I are as of recently homeless. He has a job and I am currently awaiting for my cosmetology license to come so I can start working as well. Our situation would require finding some kind of rental assistance of sorts. We have found an apartment the only problem is we need to get in now but our financial reality at this point in time makes that impossible. If we receive assistance of any kind it would be a one time thing. If we weren't already homeless and needing a place to live we would be able to save for a month or two for the damage deposit and first months rent, but we don't have one to two months to wait around. I would appreciate any information of any help your program could provide to individuals in the predicament my fiancé and I find ourselves in. Thank you very much. I look forward to hearing back from you soon.
Schaub

Post by Schaub »

I and my wife and kids are homeless due to me trying to be a father to my other 2 kids and their mom had me arrested. But I'm writing because we are about to run out of money and our credit isn't good at all and we can't an apartment or a house for rent.
We both have jobs and a total of 6 kids all together. But this state don't want to do anything to help those who work and bust their butt every day to provide for their family. Y’all quick to help those who chose not to work and do drugs and have kids every 9 months. Or help the seniors who have retirement funds coming who already own their house, their cars and lived life already.
But you can't help Americans like us who struggle on a daily basis to make sure we bust our butt for our families. So thank you very much for not helping people like me and my wife and now we are homeless. Sad thing is even more is that I'm 29 years old and taking care of 4 kids that aren't mine and taking care of my 2 but I can't be involved in my 2 kids life because once again the state did not help. Pathetic.
Beetlejuice

Post by Beetlejuice »

I am seeking assistance for security deposit and possibly 1st months rent. My kids and I got an opportunity to have stability through a section 8 program in Lancaster PA. I was homeless but just started a job and I get paid bi weekly and unfortunately I am unable to come up with the money and I also don't want to pass on this great opportunity for my kids and I. Please help. I appreciate any and all help so we are not homeless again, and thank you.