Find how to get help with rent
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Facing homelessness

Post by Admin »

When it is imminent, there are tips that people can take before they are homeless. Coalitions provide information, such as where to plan on getting food, locations of shelters, and more. They also offer information on employment. The coalition is national, so while you didn't say where you live, anyone can call them for advice. Here is more information. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... e_hom.html
JeanPaul

Post by JeanPaul »

To whom it may concern,
I am a single mother who got fired from my job in March of this year. I have desperately been trying you get another job, unfortunately I have had no luck. I am writing to see if there was any way you could help me with my rent so I do not go homeless. I am a month and a half behind. My rent is 608 and up until I got fired I was able to keep up on rent. If possible rent is all I need help with. I receive unemployment but it can't cover everything. I would appreciate whatever you can do.
Floridaper

Post by Floridaper »

I am homeless mother of three children. One is an 14 year old disable child and a 5 year old daughter and a 17 year old son. He has asthma. I need help trying to find an apartment. When I was in a shelter in New Bedford for 6 month my son got bullied to the point he wanted to take his life. Nobody was helping me to fix the situation. I've tried doing everything on my own and it's been very difficult and now I'm in the street again. I need help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Since you are still waiting on the eviction notice from the sheriff, it sounds like you still have time. We recommend applying to an emergency rental assistance program for financial help. If you are back working after missing that week, that means your need is short term. These rent programs are meant to help hard-working people facing an emergency like that.
Waffletaco wrote:This is in reference to your ad to help out with our back rent. I had got hurt and missed an week of work, got a short check and been playing catch up, but can't . Really need help to make up for this shortcoming. Have received two late letters from the office and waiting on the eviction notice from sheriff office, any day now. Please let me have some options to consider, since the housing service agency says their out of money, all the ones we've called. Or I will be homeless. Thank you.