Student needs rent assistance

Find how to get help with rent
sam1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Student needs rent assistance

Post by sam1 »

I am a student at South university. I will be getting my bachelors of science in nursing. I am loosing my rental assistance from (KHC), and I have no where to go. I have a 7 year old son and a 4 year old son. I should have been out by 4-1-11 and now they are charging me $1600 and told me I have to pay that by yesterday and be moved out yesterday or they are taking me to court. On top of that my car is broke down I have no money to pay for a deposit or rent on an apartment. I think I am going to have to quit shool soon. I need help as soon as possible. My son's and I are getting ready to be HOMELESS. Thank you very much, any help is greatly appreciated!
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Student needs rent assistance

Post by Admin »

Many charities and community action agencies offer car repair help. Usually the aid is offered for people who need their car for work, medical appointments, and sometimes for student transportation as well, which would qualify you and that nursing degree you are going for. Some of the charities are national as well, which is awesome for the needy and low income. For example, one charity is A Helping Hand Ministry, and their phone number is (770) 684-0038. They are mostly based in the Southeast, but are a great resource for information and details.
sam1 wrote:I am a student at South university. I will be getting my bachelors of science in nursing. I am loosing my rental assistance from (KHC), and I have no where to go. I have a 7 year old son and a 4 year old son. I should have been out by 4-1-11 and now they are charging me $1600 and told me I have to pay that by yesterday and be moved out yesterday or they are taking me to court. On top of that my car is broke down I have no money to pay for a deposit or rent on an apartment. I think I am going to have to quit shool soon. I need help as soon as possible. My son's and I are getting ready to be HOMELESS. Thank you very much, any help is greatly appreciated!
Rangler

Post by Rangler »

I am a newlywed husband that moved recently for better living conditions for my wife and i. We usually could afford rent but recently we have ran into some obstacles with our only means of transportation which set us back on rent for one month and i am a full time student and shes a part time sales associate. We are now two months behind which makes 1400 including late fees and really stressing and i have been praying and trying to make it everyday now we just need a blessing because i wanted be focused for my finals not stressed like this. thank you for your time
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We really need much more information in order to provide you with any type of rent assistance information. Like what state recently moved to. What school as they may offer financial aid. And more. In the meantime use this for rent help and explore the resources on the site.
Rangler wrote:I am a newlywed husband that moved recently for better living conditions for my wife and i. We usually could afford rent but recently we have ran into some obstacles with our only means of transportation which set us back on rent for one month and i am a full time student and shes a part time sales associate. We are now two months behind which makes 1400 including late fees and really stressing and i have been praying and trying to make it everyday now we just need a blessing because i wanted be focused for my finals not stressed like this. thank you for your time
Blackistone

Post by Blackistone »

I just moved into my apartment and I was able to make my rental payments on time, as it turns out they recently started taking insurance that is mandatory out of my check and I will no longer be able to make my rent, until I find a better employment. I'm a student taking 20 units and I work full-time, I'm just trying to finish school without all the financial stress.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Housing and Urban Development runs assistance programs for students. They are federal government affiliated, so they may have resources/referrals for you too. Options may include loans, aid from your school for students, and much more. Find details on HUD programs. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ment_.html