Needing rent and bill help--facing eviction in Arkansas

Find how to get help with rent
JohnC54
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Needing rent and bill help--facing eviction in Arkansas

Post by JohnC54 »

This afternoon I received an eviction notice from my apartment. I also need help in meeting several bills, including phone and utilities, but no credit cards. If I am evicted I face very serious trouble and possible jail due to legal circumstances. I have already approached the usual groups in the Central Arkansas area, where I live, all unsuccessfully. I am either ineligible for help, or the outlet is out of funds. I need to get in touch with any other possible sources of help--foundations, associations, ministries, philanthropic groups, even concerned and caring individuals.
Finding employment remains a big problem; due to a back problem most if not all forms of manual labor have been ruled out. My age (nearly 57) is another factor. Unemployment benefits have been frozen for over three months due to a legal and bureaucratic problem. No, there are no family members to whom I can turn, and my friends are in no position to help--the economy is hitting them hard, too. I can hope things will improve in the future, but there is a very serious need right now.
Is there anyone who can be of help?
For me and for all people in such bad conditions, please pray for all of us.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Needing rent and bill help--facing eviction in Arkansas

Post by Admin »

There are many housing, credit, and government certified HUD and section 8 agencies in Arkansas. This is a partial list.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/sec ... ansas.html
The main site also has HUD certified agencies. Each of these locations can provide information on rent assistance programs, housing help, credit counseling, and where to go to for help with paying utility and energy bills. Basically almost any advice you need they can help with. Use the site to find the HUD agencies, food pantries, and more. The navigation bars on the left margin are the best resources to use for the Arkansas low income and counseling agencies.

JohnC54 wrote:This afternoon I received an eviction notice from my apartment. I also need help in meeting several bills, including phone and utilities, but no credit cards. If I am evicted I face very serious trouble and possible jail due to legal circumstances. I have already approached the usual groups in the Central Arkansas area, where I live, all unsuccessfully. I am either ineligible for help, or the outlet is out of funds. I need to get in touch with any other possible sources of help--foundations, associations, ministries, philanthropic groups, even concerned and caring individuals.
Finding employment remains a big problem; due to a back problem most if not all forms of manual labor have been ruled out. My age (nearly 57) is another factor. Unemployment benefits have been frozen for over three months due to a legal and bureaucratic problem. No, there are no family members to whom I can turn, and my friends are in no position to help--the economy is hitting them hard, too. I can hope things will improve in the future, but there is a very serious need right now.
Is there anyone who can be of help?
For me and for all people in such bad conditions, please pray for all of us.
Lateefah

Post by Lateefah »

I live in Conway, Arkansas and I've been looking for help. I don't have a vehicle and my only income is a work study on campus. I’ve been trying to find another job. I have a past due balance for my rent. I don't know where to turn for help. I received my second late notice on the 17th of this month. Tomorrow I think I'm going to be getting evicted or going through the process. I live in Highpoint apartments and my rent is now over $400. Please help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We do have information on rent assistance in Arkansas from charities and other groups. We also have details on programs to stop an eviction, so either may help you. Look here for the programs that can help you with rent in AR.
Lateefah wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:23 am I live in Conway, Arkansas and I've been looking for help.