HUD Section 8 housing voucher

Find how to get help with rent
Aldean
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: HUD Section 8 housing voucher

Post by Aldean »

I can’t seem to find a job anywhere and when I do find one I end up getting fired because I can’t perform. And that’s because I’m in very bad health from the injuries I suffered in a steel plant I used to work at.
A short while ago I started to go to a doctor hoping he can treat my excruciating chronic pains so I can get back to working fine and stand on my own 2 feet. But, he’s not really taking me seriously and mainly focuses on my blood pressure, asthma, and sleep apnea.
Can you please help me, my mom, and my sister? They are supposed to be on HUD Housing assistance but they have to pay full rent now, probably because I have to stay with them now.
But, I have absolutely Nowhere to go.
Please, if you can’t help me can you help them so I’m not too much of a burden on them?
ANYTHING?
Thank You for your time!
Diannea

Post by Diannea »

This is what I sent to HUD organization and haven't gotten a response yet either.
Could you please show me guidance on how I sign up for any of your programs that I qualify for? I have been trying hard to apply and get assistance under your e-snaps/homeless assistance and haven't got anywhere, and it would benefit myself and children grandchild a lot to be able to recover from our unfortunate crisis and begin to heal. You can even send me the applications directly to fill out and return.
It is so hard to find help on the internet, then when you find the help and assistance it begins to be too complicated for an individual to do anything over the internet to follow through to receive the help once you find it. Some way someone needs to make it somewhat simpler for an individual to understand and complete the paperwork it takes to receive the help they need to live. I believe that it's very hard and complicated that a lot of people probably just give-up, which I do not have that choice. Your organization (HUD) have recommended me to a few of your programs that could help me out in these trying times of my life but didn't guide me on how I would go about receiving the help that they have suggested. So please send me out some paperwork through the mail to read and applications to fill out so I can start healing my family again.
I do qualify for a few of your programs if you do send me the pamphlets on them I will chose one of them that's best for the situation I'm in and get you back the application you need to start the process of me receiving help I truly need, thank you very much.
You are much appreciated and my family will never forget what your organization has done or will do for us we believed that we were forgotten, the ones that were left behind and no one would listen to our pleas for help, thank you once again for taken your time for a family truly in need of help. Please feel free and call me, as soon as possible would be gratefully appreciated as well. I will add a copy of my current situation to remind you of what is going on in my family. A truly good American Family that requires some help and cannot find it or how to get it.
sasolis

Post by sasolis »

HUD only covers housing, Housing and Urban Development, they do not handle SNAP, etc. You may apply for housing programs with them; Section 8 has usually a two year or more wait time.
You need your local Department of Human Resources to get Medicaid, SNAP, TANF, etc. Look them up in the phone book. You can usually apply online for their programs but you can also get the address and go to the local office.
CatLady

Post by CatLady »

I have lived in Pacific Missouri (Franklin county) for about 5 years. I am disabled and receive $700.00 per month SSI
I am in need of housing. I have been homeless since 08/01/2014
I have been on St. Louis County HUD waiting list for about 7 YEARS and still waiting. I have called community action centers, charities every where I have tried to get help has not been able to help me. Here is my contact info if you can help me please let me know ASAP.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you income is only $700 per month, that quite frankly is not enough to live on. Even if you were to somehow enroll into section 8 in Missouri, how will you buy food, pay utilities, get medical care for your disability, etc. It is impossible. Anyway, since you asked, here are details on the Missouri housing for you. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... souri.html
Shannon12

Post by Shannon12 »

I'm trying to find out how I go about signing up for HUD in Decatur, AL. I recently just moved back to Alabama from Texas and I'm having to start all over again. Right now I'm living in a 3 bedroom house with my mom & her 2 foster boys & my 6 kids. And right now it’s getting too crowded for all of us.
Irene

Post by Irene »

Hello, I'm disabled low income eligible and need rental assistance. Our state local programs are closed and there is a wait list. I'm on wait list for 3 apartments for 3 years now. I need to move this year.
Is there anything I can apply for to use at an apartment I find? The HUD office has nothing either. No section 8, no vouchers, no apartment. Available for physically disabled. Suggestions please ? Thank you. I'm not a senior for housing either.