Security deposit assistance programs

Find how to get help with rent
Jeanette
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 11:18 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Security deposit assistance programs

Post by Jeanette » Sat May 07, 2011 11:22 am

I need assistance with affording a security deposit for rent in a restricted income property located in Rio Rancho NM. I am disabled and seeking work from home, and my computer needs service so I can work from home. I need help with locating a stimulus program that will help me to begin again and be self supportive. My disablity income Puts me out of range for most assistance programs but I need help to get to the next month or I will remain homeless and living out of my car for which I am 3 days late on my car payment too. PLEASE HELP ME!!!! PLEASE.

BillOR
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 12:52 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Security deposit assistance programs

Post by BillOR » Fri May 13, 2011 12:57 am

i am in need of a security deposit for an apartment. i am working to pay for a single hotel room weekly that houses myself ad my daughter as well as my sister and her six children.the longer i pay for the room the harder it is to save money for a security deposit for a house or apartment so we dont have to be cramped in one room together. just need help to get in then it will be easier on me cause im the only one working. it will be cheaper for me to just pay rent. we really need help as soon as possible. will take any suggestions. please call and leave a call back number if i can't be reached. please help. thank you

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7621
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Security deposit assistance programs

Post by Admin » Fri May 20, 2011 11:37 pm

We at needhelppayingbills.com do not call people. All communication is by email. So it looks like you registered from Texas. Look into credit counseling, HUD agencies, and section 8 in Texas. A listing of agencies is here. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/sec ... texas.html
Almost all of the housing and rent programs are free to apply to. Unfortunately many of them have waiting lists. But call them as a starting point. They may be able to direct you towards other options or programs as well.
there are agencies such as the Brazoria County Housing Authority (979) 864-1427 and the Harris County Housing Authority Phone (713) 578-2100 All of which offer section 8 vouchers to Texas families.
BillOR wrote:i am in need of a security deposit for an apartment. i am working to pay for a single hotel room weekly that houses myself ad my daughter as well as my sister and her six children.the longer i pay for the room the harder it is to save money for a security deposit for a house or apartment so we dont have to be cramped in one room together. just need help to get in then it will be easier on me cause im the only one working. it will be cheaper for me to just pay rent. we really need help as soon as possible. will take any suggestions. please call and leave a call back number if i can't be reached. please help. thank you

Cman15
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:41 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Security deposit assistance programs

Post by Cman15 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:45 am

I am having a hard time paying my security deposit and rent. I lost my job and I can't pay the rent any more. I need help. I'm trying to find a job in Oklahoma but it is very hard right now to find a job. Some times I don't have food because I'm trying to pay my bills it's hard I want to move but I dont have enough money to move. Please help me. My electric bill is also two months behind I don't want them to disconnect my lights, when then need to pay another deposit, it's just hard right now.

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7621
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Security deposit assistance programs

Post by Admin » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:14 am

It appears as if you registered from southern California, and specifically the Orange County region. Yes, CA has been hit hard by the recession, and it is difficult for many people. Just keep looking for a job, network, talk to friends, family, etc. In the meantime, find those Orange County CA rent programs, charities, and organizations. Places like Garden Grove United Labor Agency of Orange County offer an Emergency Assistance Program ((714) 740-0928) and an organization like Anaheim Community Foundation may be able to offer rent or security deposit assistance. Phone (714) 765-4419.
Cman15 wrote:I am having a hard time paying my security deposit and rent. I lost my job and I can't pay the rent any more. I need help. I'm trying to find a job in Oklahoma but it is very hard right now to find a job. Some times I don't have food because I'm trying to pay my bills it's hard I want to move but I dont have enough money to move. Please help me. My electric bill is also two months behind I don't want them to disconnect my lights, when then need to pay another deposit, it's just hard right now.

jfd22206
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:09 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Security deposit assistance programs

Post by jfd22206 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:12 am

I really need some help. Me and my family that is.. me my fiance and our five year old our now homeless, on the streets because a former friend of mine that was claiming to be in need stole 2500 dollars (all of our savings) from us when I offered to let her borrow 150 dollars.
I have found a place but they way 2600 upfront and I don't know what to do. If someone can please help that would be great. Email and ill get back ASAP [email protected]
Thank you so much.
Tory & Dawn

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7621
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Security deposit assistance programs

Post by Admin » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:36 am

We replied to your request here.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/helpwith ... 5463#p5463
Please only post your question(s) once on the site.
jfd22206 wrote:I really need some help. Me and my family that is.. me my fiance and our five year old our now homeless, on the streets because a former friend of mine that was claiming to be in need stole 2500 dollars (all of our savings) from us when I offered to let her borrow 150 dollars.
I have found a place but they way 2600 upfront and I don't know what to do. If someone can please help that would be great. Email and ill get back ASAP [email protected]
Thank you so much.
Tory & Dawn

Singlemom
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:48 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Security deposit assistance programs

Post by Singlemom » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:52 am

Hello I reside in Killeen Texas and I will like some assistance in paying my security deposit before the 1st. of December. I don't have the money for the deposit (or first months rent) and I will like an organization, charity, or government program to help me as I have to be move out were I am staying with a friend my daughter and I by the 5th of November. Thanks for your help and understanding.

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7621
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Security deposit assistance programs

Post by Admin » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:15 am

Security deposits are not as common to get funds for, but you can call around. Find programs for Bell County Texas here, and call agencies and government programs like Helping Hands Ministry (phone 254-939-7355). But good to stay with a friend until you do get financial help.
Singlemom wrote:Hello I reside in Killeen Texas and I will like some assistance in paying my security deposit before the 1st. of December. I don't have the money for the deposit (or first months rent) and I will like an organization, charity, or government program to help me as I have to be move out were I am staying with a friend my daughter and I by the 5th of November. Thanks for your help and understanding.

Howard1
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:54 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Security deposit assistance programs

Post by Howard1 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:57 am

My husband left my last home and now i'm going through a divorce and I have two small children and we dont have a place of own anymore. I recently applied for an apartment and I was approved but my security deposit was way more than expected! I just want to take this opportunity for my children and I to have a fresh start and get away from the all the emotional hurt. Need the rent and money for that first deposit. THANK YOU SO MUCH

destiny
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:01 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Security deposit assistance programs

Post by destiny » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:08 am

Hello my name is hilda i am a single mother of 2. we are currently livin in a hotel in sylmar california. i need emergency assistance in lookin for a permanent place to live. please help.

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7621
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Security deposit assistance programs

Post by Admin » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:47 am

We have information on tons of agencies, non-profits, and programs to call in Los Angeles County, which looks like where Sylmar is. Find the Los Angeles assistance programs, who to call, where to go for help, etc. Some may have housing, deposits, etc. To find agencies in the region that focus on housing and rent, find them listed here. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/los ... tance.html Now you will need to call around, but this may give you some places to ask.
destiny wrote:Hello my name is hilda i am a single mother of 2. we are currently livin in a hotel in sylmar california. i need emergency assistance in lookin for a permanent place to live. please help.

morrell332000
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:05 pm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Security deposit assistance programs

Post by morrell332000 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:36 pm

iam on disability i have 2 small children and i need help with a security deposit i live in logan utah thanks so much

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7621
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Security deposit assistance programs

Post by Admin » Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:45 am

We already did reply to your original post. Please use that posting. It looks like you finally provided more information on location. So use this for financial assistance in Logan, including rent and other support.

morrell332000 wrote:iam on disability i have 2 small children and i need help with a security deposit i live in logan utah thanks so much

Nicks19
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:41 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Security deposit assistance programs

Post by Nicks19 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:45 am

My friend is homeless and on disability. He only receives 300 and something a month until he has a residence. He has been approved for a house and having a lot of difficulty coming up with the deposit and first month so he can get off the streets and his check increase (able to pay bills). He has paid $100.00 and has to pay $550.00 more to get in. Please let me know if there is any way to help. DSS will help with $300 but only after, he has the other $250. He has been using the money from this month to eat and survive. The assistance can be made payable to or directly given to him. Thank you and May God Bless!

Post Reply