Veteran rent assistance and aid for bills

Find how to get help with rent
B123
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Veteran rent assistance and aid for bills

Post by B123 »

I am a single mother and a Veteran...I am struggling with paying my rent this month due to lack of funds. I work full time and go to school. Is there any way you can help me???? i need help with my electric bill. my electric was turned off but before it was turned off i did contact delmarva electric company to make arrangements and they informed me that i was not eligible to make any arrangements for some reason. Maybe income is too high?
Im also facing an eviction. I have to appear in court on May 14th. I am in need of assistance for rent, utility bills, credit cards, and living. I was laid off recently due to lack of work working for Stericycle through Volt. I have two small children a 6month old daughter and a four year old son. I do not recieve any income at the moment. please contact me for further questions or concerns. Thank you!
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Veteran rent assistance and aid for bills

Post by Admin »

There are several government funded housing and rent programs for veterans and military, personnel. Not as many as we think there should be as you put yourself on the line every day, but there are some options. Most of them are run by the Housing and Urban Development, which is a federal government agency that works closely with our nations veterans. Look into a program called the Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing Program, and more details are here.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _rent.html
B123 wrote:I am a single mother and a Veteran...I am struggling with paying my rent this month due to lack of funds. I work full time and go to school. Is there any way you can help me???? i need help with my electric bill. my electric was turned off but before it was turned off i did contact delmarva electric company to make arrangements and they informed me that i was not eligible to make any arrangements for some reason. Maybe income is too high?
Im also facing an eviction. I have to appear in court on May 14th. I am in need of assistance for rent, utility bills, credit cards, and living. I was laid off recently due to lack of work working for Stericycle through Volt. I have two small children a 6month old daughter and a four year old son. I do not recieve any income at the moment. please contact me for further questions or concerns. Thank you!
CindyP

Post by CindyP »

To whom it may concern, I am inn desperate need of help soon! i am a veteran and may soon be evicted because i have not been able to pay my rent since i cam off of active duty orders in January. The state I reside is Hawaii. Please send me the information needed so i i can apply for assistance. My car has been broken down since march and is going to cost a lot of money to get fixed. My utilities will be cut off shortl too. Please help me!
Here is my contact information.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are several housing and rent programs specific for veterans and military personnel. A listing of Veteran rent programs is found here, but the primary one is the Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing Program. This is run in partnership with the HUD’s Housing Choice Voucher Program (Section 8), and it was tailored for veterans and their families who are faced with housing issues or concerns. Each and every year tens of thousands of veterans receive some form of financial support from the HUD sponsored veterans program.

CindyP wrote:To whom it may concern, I am inn desperate need of help soon! i am a veteran and may soon be evicted because i have not been able to pay my rent since i cam off of active duty orders in January. The state I reside is Hawaii. Please send me the information needed so i i can apply for assistance. My car has been broken down since march and is going to cost a lot of money to get fixed. My utilities will be cut off shortl too. Please help me!
Here is my contact information.
Perkins

Post by Perkins »

Need rental assistance for veterans in Chicago. Also find out what rights a landlord has to keep you from getting your property out of a rent house. What is a close description of abandonment of a home if you are the renter? It is being used in a situation that is anything but abandonment just to keep everything we own. Please get back with any info you have, I know that they are breaking the law, but until I meet their demands I cannot have anything I own, not even pictures, work cloathes, meds, not anything at all. We did not leave this home in the way they are saying. What can we do???
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The City of Chicago runs a variety of eviction prevention programs, offers rent and utility help, and even advise for tenants facing evictions. A number of Community Service Centers across Chicago can help the low income and less fortunate, the unemployed, and working poor. Find the details on Chicago rent assistance as well as the assistance programs and the locations of the community centers.
Perkins wrote:Need rental assistance for veterans in Chicago. Also find out what rights a landlord has to keep you from getting your property out of a rent house. What is a close description of abandonment of a home if you are the renter? It is being used in a situation that is anything but abandonment just to keep everything we own. Please get back with any info you have, I know that they are breaking the law, but until I meet their demands I cannot have anything I own, not even pictures, work cloathes, meds, not anything at all. We did not leave this home in the way they are saying. What can we do???
EvanLa

Post by EvanLa »

I am a solider in the United States Army just came back from a deployment and with bill being overwhelmed I fell back on my rent and am in the eviction process. I need $1500 to cover my rent so that I can get back on my feet I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help with this. I tried all my other resources family friends even the military but was unsuccessful in getting any help. I am being asked to move out by my landlord by 12pm Saturday September30 2011. If you can help would greatly appreciate it.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The federal government does offer [urlhttp://needhelppayingbills.com/html/veterans_help_with_paying_rent.html]veteran rent help[/url] from a program known as Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing Program. Vouchers can be issued to pay up to one years worth or rent expenses. IT is run from same agency that offer HUD’s Housing Choice Voucher Program (Section 8, and we have information on this and other rental programs on our main site.
EvanLa wrote:I am a solider in the United States Army just came back from a deployment and with bill being overwhelmed I fell back on my rent and am in the eviction process. I need $1500 to cover my rent so that I can get back on my feet I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help with this. I tried all my other resources family friends even the military but was unsuccessful in getting any help. I am being asked to move out by my landlord by 12pm Saturday September30 2011. If you can help would greatly appreciate it.
Lunchlady

Post by Lunchlady »

Hello,
My name is Charles and I am an army veteran trying to find emergency assistance for rent and other bills before I’m evicted. I have a 11 year old star football player and a straight a student when I got financial aid.  Unfortunately, my wife Multiple sclerosis has acted up and been in hospital and bills piled up and I don’t know what to do.  Any financial aid for rent or other direction is greatly appreciated.