Non-profit rent help

Find how to get help with rent
MarcLev
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Non-profit rent help

Post by MarcLev »

NON PROFIT HOUSING FOR LOW INCOME FOR MOTHER & CHILDREN IN OAKLAND WE NEED HELP BILL OF $850.. WE ONLY GET THE LADIES CHECKS FOR $296.00 YET WE HAVE NO FUND AN ONE NEW TENANT NEEDS TO MOVE IN TODAY @ 4:00 TODAY 5/4/11 PLEASE HELP US ACCT PGE 0023731697-1 PLEASE CONTACT US WILL HELP OUR GRANT REQUEST IS PENDING UNTIL 7/1/11 AFTER 90 PERIOD . THESE FUND ARE TO REPAIR THE HOUSE REPAIRES . WE TRIED LIHEAP AND THE GOVERNMENT WILL NOT HELP US. WE ALSO TRIED THE HOMELESS PREVENTION AND RAPID REHOUSING PROGRAM TOO. OTHER NON-PROFITS SAID NO TOO. NO LUCK.
B123

Re: Non-profit rent help

Post by B123 »

I so appreciate all your efforts of this site needhelppayingbills. I have tried almost every avenue and non-profit you have given me. Gaston Community Action, we mentioned emergency eviction, facing homelessness, preventing eviction, rent help, the lady told us they were no longer doing that part, that she could make an appointment but it could take up to 2 months or longer. They did give me a place in Kings Mountain we have to check out, and they seemed quite concerned that their Shelby office is not being manned per the Salvation Army. There is more on the current situation in the forum I post to I would like you to read also. I am telling anyone I come in contact with about your site so I am promoting it. This resource is great for all of us who need help in this economy.
Thanks
Yogainstruct

Post by Yogainstruct »

I am currently unemployed and my property management company choose not to renew my current lease agreement so I need help paying my first months rent and a secruity deposit. Together the amount comes to around 2200 dollars. My lease is ending on the end of June so I need help soon or me and my family will be homeless. Please help me, if you cannot help finacially could you please direct me to some non-profit or charity who could. Thank you very much.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

Why did they not renew? Is it because of employment status, owing back rent, etc.? Did they provide notice to you in advance?
Regardless, here are some places to call in the Hartford Connecticut region which may be able to offer some emergency housing support and resources. the Hartford based The Community Renewal Team Inc. is probably the first place you should call. Dial (860) 560-5471. A number of housing and other rent assistance, as well as eviction prevention is offered. They are a great place for referrals to.

Yogainstruct wrote:I am currently unemployed and my property management company choose not to renew my current lease agreement so I need help paying my first months rent and a secruity deposit. Together the amount comes to around 2200 dollars. My lease is ending on the end of June so I need help soon or me and my family will be homeless. Please help me, if you cannot help finacially could you please direct me to some non-profit or charity who could. Thank you very much.
EvanLa

Post by EvanLa »

i live in phenix city alabama am a 32 year old single mother of 3 children, all of which are girls. i am currently unemployed and have applied to some local non profits and am waiting for decision on disability. my only income is my sons ssi. would like any information for financial aid. am very close to utilities being turned off and am late on rent.any information on help i may be eligible for would be appreciated
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Here are some agencies (mostly non-profit) to call for help with both rent and or utilities in Phenix City and Russel County Alabama. You will need to make some phone calls and see what you can find. The locations to call include House of Restoration phone 334-214-5522 as well as Phenix City Salvation Army phone (706) 327-0275. A number of other organizations are listed here.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/rus ... _prog.html
EvanLa wrote:i live in phenix city alabama am a 32 year old single mother of 3 children, all of which are girls. i am currently unemployed and have applied to some local non profits and am waiting for decision on disability. my only income is my sons ssi. would like any information for financial aid. am very close to utilities being turned off and am late on rent.any information on help i may be eligible for would be appreciated
Horser

Post by Horser »

I have 3 children but I'm mainly worried about my 2 smaller children we are getting evicted because of none payment of $2,250 because I try to keep our lights,gas and water on every month, I have a fixed monthly income I am on SSI because I am a lifetime disable. I got shot in both legs some years ago and I have a dropped foot and I'm unable to work do to that accident. But right now I am asking for a non-profit to please help us pay our rent so that we don't have to move.We don't have many family members here in Detroit they are mostly in Tennessee and they are that has their noses in the air when it comes to us s o I don't bother them for anything. So please contact me if you can help us, I have a daughter that does want anything in life she's 24 and I have a 16 year old daughter that's doing so much in school she my good girl and we have last but not least my son and he's 6 he's also doing good in school. They tell me everyday they can't wait to get old enough to help me out and to be honest I can't wait. lol We Thank you all so very much and may GOD be with you always.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is a significant amount of funds you need for rent. Most agencies can provide a hundreds bucks or two here and there, but not a couple thousand. You may have waited too long before asking for rent help in Detroit. Do go back to family and friends, as the alternative of being homeless is worse. In the meantime, try this for Detroit rent assistance agencies and programs to call.
Horser wrote:I have 3 children but I'm mainly worried about my 2 smaller children we are getting evicted because of none payment of $2,250 because I try to keep our lights,gas and water on every month, I have a fixed monthly income I am on SSI because I am a lifetime disable. I got shot in both legs some years ago and I have a dropped foot and I'm unable to work do to that accident. But right now I am asking for a non-profit to please help us pay our rent so that we don't have to move.We don't have many family members here in Detroit they are mostly in Tennessee and they are that has their noses in the air when it comes to us s o I don't bother them for anything. So please contact me if you can help us, I have a daughter that does want anything in life she's 24 and I have a 16 year old daughter that's doing so much in school she my good girl and we have last but not least my son and he's 6 he's also doing good in school. They tell me everyday they can't wait to get old enough to help me out and to be honest I can't wait. lol We Thank you all so very much and may GOD be with you always.
Natalie Server

Post by Natalie Server »

I have called all the numbers on this site, and "no One" is able to help in "emergency rent assistance" for a working senior with a fixed income, that has fallen behind on 1 month's rent, due to unexpected expenses, in the Lee county Florida area! The websites of charities, catholic churches, Salvation Army, elder affairs and senior help lines, also have "no funds". If I don't pay my lot rent very soon, I was told that papers will be filed, and I may be evicted after living in my home for 10 years. Due to an enormous water bill because of a leak I was unaware of, I have been paying for the last 2 months late fees that are connected to my monthly rent. My water bill was 340 dollars plus the rent totaling, 801.00, and I only take in approximately 1150.00 a month, that is including my SS/part-time job. I am only asking for help, for a 1 time month's rent. I would even pay it back when I can catch up, just paying late fees is causing me to fall behind, and possibly be put out on the street! I have worked and paid taxes in this county for the last 30 years and unlike others who are receiving medical/rent/utilities who don't or never worked or paid taxes; seem to be priorities that "my" tax dollars pay for! That is wrong! About a week ago, I the senior journal I saw the headlines that read "doctors, and nurses", were busted for fraudulent Medicare funds for $469,000,000 dollars! Somebody in Florida is doing something with all the money that is allocated to this state according to the internet? State Representatives are running for office and collecting millions of dollars and claim that seniors and low income families are being helped! I would just like to know where a person who needs help can go, where they actually help someone and actually has any money to keep seniors from being taken from their homes?
Pam Redder

Post by Pam Redder »

My family has fallen on a hard time due to my son being sick and car troubles. Which got us behind enough that we now owe Mays rent by June 10th and Junes rent by June 4th. We get paid June 6th but there is no way we will have the full 1930.00 at that time. They have already taken us to court and were willing to work with us that much instead of immediately evicting us, but I am terrified what will happen if we don’t have enough by the 4th. My son is only 6 and doesn’t comprehend that we may soon be living on the street as we have no family or friends to fall back on.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You mentioned several charities you tried. Let me ask you this. Did you try the community action agency in Lee County? They are a leading non-profit in the county. If they don't have any rent or homeless prevention funds, they may know who does. Maybe ask them about the Emergency Food and Shelter Assistance, which can provide some federal government grants to people facing an eviction.
Also, most of these programs only use partial government funds. Donations from society at large provides most of the money. So contribute to the Salvation Army or other charities after you get back on your feet. Here is the information on Florida community action agency programs.
Arod

Post by Arod »

I have been to all of the organizations in Vincennes to get assistance with our rent for this month but I have not had any luck. I am only needing help for this month. We have 3 children and we have to have something figured out now or we will be evicted. I just don't know where else to go so if anyone can give me any information that will help us with this please let me know. Thank you for your time.
Rinaldi

Post by Rinaldi »

Whom it may concerns, I am looking it up into websites and make several calls to the non-profit agencies and find that the phone is no longer service and not UPDATE new telephone in websites. Also, I am looking for the cash assistance for my rent payment behind and need to pay rent as soon as possible!! I am trying to find right agencies to contact and talk to a person. It seems not able to get right places and person to talk to. I am Deaf and tired to contact them. Please any way you can suggestion to contact right agencies and person. Thank you.
Troyyer

Post by Troyyer »

Assistance in paying rent. I have a large family, adopted 5 of my grandchildren in 2008 and never thought that I would put such a financial pressure on myself and my partner. I am sick, just recently diagnosed with neuropathy and my partner is currently an unemployed truck driver who can find work from a local non-profit, but nothing steady. I pray you all can help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Unfortunately, phone numbers always change. So do funding levels. If you can't find the phone number on our site, you can always then open another browser to search in google for the agency. While we do continuously update phone numbers and programs in Erie County New York, we hope you can understand it is challenging. But for the latest non-profit information for rental help, locate Buffalo and Erie County rent programs.