assistance getting security deposit and first month rent

Find how to get help with rent
MarcLev
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

assistance getting security deposit and first month rent

Post by MarcLev »

To Whom It May Concern,::I'm a 70+ yr old women living alone. I am in need of assistance to get Security Deposit monies, and grants to help with the first months of rent. So that I can move into a Senior Complex/Senior Apt.nearer to my senior friends and my church. Have been having some minor health issues and have begun to not feel good being alone during those times, so can't work right now for the money. PLEASE .... direct me to an Agency/Charity or whatever possible to help me.
Patl

Re: assistance getting security deposit and first month rent

Post by Patl »

I am currently homeless and been going from house to house. I can afford rent, but the problem is the amount to move in and deposit. I have two babies, my son is two, my daughter is one. I found a cheap apartment, but they are asking for first month rent, and a security deposit. Please help this has been very stressful looking for a place to stay. Not being stable has not only affected me, but has affected my babies. I really need help. Iam so tired and ready to be stable. Please help, God bless you!
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

The Homeless Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing Program, which was created from stimulus dollars, can provide money and grants to pay for security deposits. Your local community action agency runs the programs. It can even pay up to 18 months of rent. Of course people need to qualify, so there are conditions. But look into it as a resource for you.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/hom ... nd_ra.html
Odilla

Post by Odilla »

For the month of July Rental Assistance. I can normal Handel all my expenses until July comes up and this is when I have extra bills come up of my State Inspection Fee , Renewal of my Lincese Tag are due along with My insurance is due also. With an income of $741.00 a Month after paying all my bills I usually have at least $18.00 to $30.00 dollars left to get me through for the rest of the month. I also recieve $91.00 a month in Food stamps and this covers my food expense for the month. So every Year when july comes up is when I need assistance. Should I ever have an emergancy helth wise or car problem come up I would have to seek assistance to help me cover those expense's. Thank God so far these have not happened yet. If I could get any type of assistance it would be very much appericated. Thank You.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

To clarify, are you looking for housing aid, or food? Or both. I guess it doesn't really matter as you indicated quite a bit of needs down below. So try this for a listing of Florida food banks and other non-profit agencies and charities. Not only can they provide free food and groceries, but also can usually refer you to local non-profits, charities, and other services in Florida. Even car repair programs can be applied to if you need your car for work or a medical appointment.
Odilla wrote:For the month of July Rental Assistance. I can normal Handel all my expenses until July comes up and this is when I have extra bills come up of my State Inspection Fee , Renewal of my Lincese Tag are due along with My insurance is due also. With an income of $741.00 a Month after paying all my bills I usually have at least $18.00 to $30.00 dollars left to get me through for the rest of the month. I also recieve $91.00 a month in Food stamps and this covers my food expense for the month. So every Year when july comes up is when I need assistance. Should I ever have an emergancy helth wise or car problem come up I would have to seek assistance to help me cover those expense's. Thank God so far these have not happened yet. If I could get any type of assistance it would be very much appericated. Thank You.
MrsJones

Post by MrsJones »

I need 700 dollars for a security deposit and rent we need to move so i can work we are living off my husbands income witch is very hard but i dont drive and i have a son and i take care of my 16 year old sister i need a job and were i live theres no jobs for me to get to not even a city buss. If we move to this house i can get a job and walk to it also. I have till july 1st to come up with the money i need to move.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

What state do live in? If you provide that we can offer more specific programs. Until then, general rent aid can be here at this link
MrsJones wrote:I need 700 dollars for a security deposit and rent we need to move so i can work we are living off my husbands income witch is very hard but i dont drive and i have a son and i take care of my 16 year old sister i need a job and were i live theres no jobs for me to get to not even a city buss. If we move to this house i can get a job and walk to it also. I have till july 1st to come up with the money i need to move.
Loreal

Post by Loreal »

Good morning,
I am a single mother with two children living in Massachusetts. I am currently seeking a new residence, but am having trouble coming up with funds for move in costs. I have a low credit score (552), and can not get approved for any form of personal loan. I have found residence, but need to come up with first and security which results in a minimum down payment of $2500. I am living fully on assistance, and am enrolled in school full time. I looked on the website, yet feel slightly over-whelmed in isolating the proper option for myself. If you could please help me in putting me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.
Oaker

Post by Oaker »

I'm 24 years old with a part time job at toys r us I only get 15 to 18hrs a week at 8.30 an hr and I can't pay my rent $800 a month I've tried everything I cut all expensive I started eating less I was 180p now I'm down to 140p I don't smoke or drink I've hold off on having kids I have even stop washing clothes at the laundry mat and wash my clothes in the tub ive applied in every place hiring for a second job and no luck I have even try moving out but I can because I can't afford the first months rent with deposit I have no friends no family that can help and I don't know wat to do I don't wanna end up in the st homeless camden nj has to many homeless people please don't let me be one of them sincerely p.s I've even ask toys r us for money and they denied they aren't allowed
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

I am sorry, is that Camden New Jersey. Call these places for possible help with security deposits. Camden New Jersey financial assistance and housing programs are run by Camden Salvation Army - Citadel Corps has emergency assistance. Phone (856) 338 - 1700.
Oaker wrote:I'm 24 years old with a part time job at toys r us I only get 15 to 18hrs a week at 8.30 an hr and I can't pay my rent $800 a month I've tried everything I cut all expensive I started eating less I was 180p now I'm down to 140p I don't smoke or drink I've hold off on having kids I have even stop washing clothes at the laundry mat and wash my clothes in the tub ive applied in every place hiring for a second job and no luck I have even try moving out but I can because I can't afford the first months rent with deposit I have no friends no family that can help and I don't know wat to do I don't wanna end up in the st homeless camden nj has to many homeless people please don't let me be one of them sincerely p.s I've even ask toys r us for money and they denied they aren't allowed
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You don't really want to get a personal loan to pay for rent or move in costs. Not the best idea. Look into government programs and Suffolk County MA help for bills. The greater Boston Massachusetts and Suffolk County area has dozens of low income programs, and the primary one is the ABCD community action agency. That is a pretty expensive first months rent and deposits too. You can't find any place cheaper?
Loreal wrote:Good morning,
I am a single mother with two children living in Massachusetts. I am currently seeking a new residence, but am having trouble coming up with funds for move in costs. I have a low credit score (552), and can not get approved for any form of personal loan. I have found residence, but need to come up with first and security which results in a minimum down payment of $2500. I am living fully on assistance, and am enrolled in school full time. I looked on the website, yet feel slightly over-whelmed in isolating the proper option for myself. If you could please help me in putting me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.
Irene

Post by Irene »

I am in extreme need of help to pay my rent. I've been laid off since Feb and I just started back working. I'm already late and each day late charges continue to accrue. My monthly rent is $1300.00, plus late charges that start to accrue after the third, with $50 chage on the 4th day and $10 dollars a day every after that so my charges as of today is $1390.00. Any rent assistance in Memphis you can immediately provide will be greatly appreciated. Desperate!!!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Good news that you are working again. About how long before you think you can get back on track with rent now that have an income? If working then more likley to qualify for help from an agency. Locate rent assistance in Memphis using this resource. Call places like the Mississippi Boulevard Baptist Church at 901.729.6222. The Neighborhood Christian Center accepts applications on Tuesdays for emergency help with housing, rent, and other bills. Their number is 901-881-6013
Irene wrote:I am in extreme need of help to pay my rent. I've been laid off since Feb and I just started back working. I'm already late and each day late charges continue to accrue. My monthly rent is $1300.00, plus late charges that start to accrue after the third, with $50 chage on the 4th day and $10 dollars a day every after that so my charges as of today is $1390.00. Any rent assistance in Memphis you can immediately provide will be greatly appreciated. Desperate!!!
Socgel

Post by Socgel »

Hi i was recently evicted from my apartment due to non-payment of two months rent.. my daughter an i now sleep on my moms couch...i was wondering if there where any programs that are available to assist us with finding a place an helping with rent until i get back on my feet.. this is a first time thing for me an it was caused due to a cut in my hours at work...please if there are any resources that can help in my city in Bergen County NJ please contact me.. I will be homeless in a matter of months because i am no longer allowed to stay with my mother.. her apartment complex is giving her a hard time.. thank you for your time an patients.
Olivia12

Post by Olivia12 »

Please help me. My son lives in Las Vegas, i live in Arizona. He needs 500 to get into an apartment, he has saved the rest. He has said he is ready to give up, which he has tried before. Im at my wits end. I don't have a job and dont have any money. Please let me know if there is anything you can do for him. Its hard to hear your son is going to maybe due something drastic and there is nothing you can do but tell him that you love him. thank you