Assisstance paying rent

Find how to get help with rent
Belle1971
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Assisstance paying rent

Post by Belle1971 »

I am trying to find a charity that could help us with our rent this month, my husband had a stroke on Easter and I was a home maker, I am applying for a job everywhere, but there is no way I will ever be able to catch up my rent if I fall behind, we have 8 sons, 2 grown and on their own, 2 in college, and 4 still at home with us, I would greatly appreciate any assisstance or help iun locating a charity or group that could help, we live in Alexandria, TN, Thank you for your time and consideration, ~Belle~
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Assisstance paying rent

Post by Admin »

Is that DeKalb County? Here are a bunch of assistance programs, charities, and options for help from the government in Tennessee. Scroll mid way down to find your town or county. Or you can use the navigation bar on the left. Look into programs like the homeless prevention and rapid rehousing for paying rent. Also if the stroke caused the rent issue, call your local community action agency and tell them about the medical hardship. Usually people with a medical emergency have more options and programs for housing assistance.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/ten ... grams.html
Belle1971 wrote:I am trying to find a charity that could help us with our rent this month, my husband had a stroke on Easter and I was a home maker, I am applying for a job everywhere, but there is no way I will ever be able to catch up my rent if I fall behind, we have 8 sons, 2 grown and on their own, 2 in college, and 4 still at home with us, I would greatly appreciate any assisstance or help iun locating a charity or group that could help, we live in Alexandria, TN, Thank you for your time and consideration, ~Belle~
NYJets

Post by NYJets »

I need some immediate assistance with paying the first, last and security for a place that I am about to move into in Durham North Carolina. I was actually able to come up with the first but I am struggling with the rest. I have until October 1, to pay the rest so that I can keep the place, I am being allow to move in on September 15th, with a promise to pay the rest by October 1. I have a baby due on October 17th and needless to say we need a place to live. Can someone please help. I have tried HAP with no success.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is great that you can pay the first months rent and trying to male ends meet. So maybe you just need a little rental and housing assistance from Durham NC agencies. Try calling places like the Durham County Department of Social Services at 919-560-8600. Or if that doesn't work, find other Durham rental programs and agencies.
NYJets wrote:I need some immediate assistance with paying the first, last and security for a place that I am about to move into in Durham North Carolina. I was actually able to come up with the first but I am struggling with the rest. I have until October 1, to pay the rest so that I can keep the place, I am being allow to move in on September 15th, with a promise to pay the rest by October 1. I have a baby due on October 17th and needless to say we need a place to live. Can someone please help. I have tried HAP with no success.
Jobless

Post by Jobless »

I have fell behind in rent and have also been in between jobs and finally have a steady job but can't pay my back rent and I have a 1 year old son. I'm so far behind I am not able to keep up with rent. My landlord told me I need to pay all rent by the 31st or I am evicted. I have no where else to turn and no idea what to do.
Kimmel

Post by Kimmel »

Hello, I am seeking rental assistance. I am a full time student and single mother of 2. I am staying with my brother temporally however he is moving to a much smaller apartment in a couple months do to fiancés and me and my children will not have a place to live. I have no other family here and need assistance until I can get back on my feet. I have found a job however it is only part time and for minimum wage. I do not know where else to turn. You can contact me.
Mobile1

Post by Mobile1 »

Due to unforeseeable financial costs involving utilities and car issues from prior months, I'm having issues coming up with rent for the next few months. I can come up with a portion of rent, but not full rental amount. I do not want to be late as I know from being a property manager myself that once you start paying late, it's a hard hole to dig yourself out of. Please send me as much information as you can or point me in the right direction in Arkansas.