Section 8 housing

Find how to get help with rent
L14
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Section 8 housing

Post by L14 »

I am interested in finding information on the section 8 program in kings county, CA. If possible i would like you to send me the rules and regulation for section 8 in this area? How much help is offered, and what about grants or security deposits from Section 8 housing. via email. if you are unable, could you please provide where i can obtain this information?
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Section 8 housing

Post by Admin »

Usually section 8 provides reduced rate apartments, and puts a maximum on how much of your income you need to pay towards rent. A counselor can usually help you find an apartment as well. As far as grants, not sure. Talk to the agency to get the specifics. Section 8 is definitely a great government supported program for rent and housing help, and will help you stay in your home or apartment as well. King County and all of California will be listed on this Section 8 resource.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/sec ... rnia_.html
erkel

Post by erkel »

9 months pregnant and need to get section 8 voucher. My electric bill is also behind and i have 3 children and myself cant afford to give all i have to the electric co. cause then i will be behind on other bill please help. Thank you god bless I was on a shut off protection plan with Consumers Energy and now I owe the whole balance with a turn off of 1200 and I only bring in 950 a month and I have 3 kids. I work part time, been looking for full time work and it's been hard. I received an eviction notice I need help and I think Section 8 voucher may be it, with at least one months rent which is $700.00. One month would help me out so much. Thank you,
JeffObrien

Post by JeffObrien »

I received a notice for eviction, on May 11 2011. I have untill may 24,to pay the full amount of $1,817.00. My rent is 30 percent of my income as I am on section 8. I can't believe I let my self get this far behind. With making payments every month but not the full amount due. Now I am losing my son and I's home. I am in very much appreciated emergency need.I do not have any fincial help or support of any means. I can not let our home go.I also need help in managing my finanses, if I do have a opportunity to keep my house I will learn from this nightmare, I have created and will never put my son or myself in this kind of situation again.I am so grateful for any kind of help at this point, and reaching out is one of the hardest things to do for me but if it means saving our home I will do anything. please. I need your help! Thank you.
sam1

Post by sam1 »

I AM ALWAYS APPLYING FOR SECTION 8 AND NYCHA AND THEY ALWAYS CALL ME FOR A INTERVIEW AND GET ALL MY DOCUMENTS DENYING ME SAYING I MAKE TO MUCH MONEY OR NOT ENOUGH MONEY AND I NEED HELP GETTING A APT I AM UNDER DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AND THEY SAID THATS NOT AN IMMEDIATE EMERGENCY WHY SEND ME TO INTERVIEWS FOR APTS AND THEN DENYING ME BECAUSE OF MY INCOME ISNT THIS FOR LOW INCOME FAMILIES THAT NEED HELP I NEED HELP ON WHAT TO DO IN NYC.
LinaS

Post by LinaS »

We need assistance acquiring a 2 bedroom apartment in the Waynesboro VA area. We currently reside in Charlottesville VA and recently had a premature baby. We need a bigger place for around what we are paying for our current 1 BR apt. We are currently paying $500/mo. We are willing to remain in Charlottesville or re-locate to Augusta Co. to meet those needs. I think section 8 may be able to help us from what I read online.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Section 8 may help in this case. But note the program is in high demand, and it depends on how soon you want to move. It will limit the amount you need to pay towards your monthly rent, and the counselors can maybe guide you on how to get funds for the moving costs. More on Virginia section 8 vouchers can be found. In your area you want to call the County of Albemarle/Office of Housing at (434) 296-5839. This is the government agency that is located in Virginia. Just be prepared to need to wait for aid, and maybe even more information. That rent amount seems reasonable.
LinaS wrote:We need assistance acquiring a 2 bedroom apartment in the Waynesboro VA area. We currently reside in Charlottesville VA and recently had a premature baby. We need a bigger place for around what we are paying for our current 1 BR apt. We are currently paying $500/mo. We are willing to remain in Charlottesville or re-locate to Augusta Co. to meet those needs. I think section 8 may be able to help us from what I read online.
Daleliah

Post by Daleliah »

I need assistance for my rent, I'm on disability with a one year old baby. I work part time as house cleaning so income isn't too high and I live in Rocky Hill, ct. I just apply for section 8 in New Britain hoping to get on the waiting list, about 10,000 people apply, so it may be a long time before I qualify for section 8. I'm having trouble to keep up with my rent also on new start program with CL&P. Thank you very much
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

What a waiting list of 10,000. There are other places to apply for Section 8 housing vouchers in Connecticut. Some may be near to Rocky Hill. A listing of Conneticut Section 8 agencies is on the primary site, so call around, so if anyone has a shorter waiting list for you.
Daleliah wrote:I need assistance for my rent, I'm on disability with a one year old baby. I work part time as house cleaning so income isn't too high and I live in Rocky Hill, ct. I just apply for section 8 in New Britain hoping to get on the waiting list, about 10,000 people apply, so it may be a long time before I qualify for section 8. I'm having trouble to keep up with my rent also on new start program with CL&P. Thank you very much
Techstate

Post by Techstate »

I am currently working and attending Broward College in Florida. I am in the need of help with the first months rent and deposit because my mother and brothers moved out of the state to Louisiana, my mother is on Section 8 and she is porting out with her Section 8 voucher. So, that leaves me trying to live day to day, paycheck by paycheck, it is hard saving money to rent anywhere and school at same time. I just need a little assistance.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If your mom was on Section 8, can you apply too? I would assume your income must be low enough too if family was using the vouchers. It is offered in Florida and Broward County, and college students can apply too. Read more on government section 8 housing vouchers. If that doesn't work, did you look into student housing, as many campuses have fairly cheap housing in college towns. While maybe not the best quality, student housing can be an option.
Techstate wrote:I am currently working and attending Broward College in Florida. I am in the need of help with the first months rent and deposit because my mother and brothers moved out of the state to Louisiana, my mother is on Section 8 and she is porting out with her Section 8 voucher. So, that leaves me trying to live day to day, paycheck by paycheck, it is hard saving money to rent anywhere and school at same time. I just need a little assistance.
GogoJill

Post by GogoJill »

I need help knowing what places i should apply at an what i can qualify for ..please make an appointment for me an let me come in an talk to you an you help me please. I need section 8. the land lord told me he would do section 8 with me..if i got it..i have a special needs son who is on SSI..an i am a single mom of two boys we live alone. i cant afford to keep us a float please help me.. i have tried for years now to get section 8 but each time i would call the lady who ever i spoke to would tell me i have to apply only when its open an i dont know when its open. they said i have to watch news paper. I am poor i don't get the news paper event its an extra expense..please help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We don't make appointments or provide cash. you need to do that yourself. You need to ask when program is open and take accountability for it. If you need more information on Section 8, that we can help with. Find information on section 8 housing, including a listing of program administrators and where to apply for help and vouchers.
GogoJill wrote:I need help knowing what places i should apply at an what i can qualify for ..please make an appointment for me an let me come in an talk to you an you help me please. I need section 8. the land lord told me he would do section 8 with me..if i got it..i have a special needs son who is on SSI..an i am a single mom of two boys we live alone. i cant afford to keep us a float please help me.. i have tried for years now to get section 8 but each time i would call the lady who ever i spoke to would tell me i have to apply only when its open an i dont know when its open. they said i have to watch news paper. I am poor i don't get the news paper event its an extra expense..please help.
Lebron

Post by Lebron »

I'm currently in California in Section 8 housing but will be in Newport, Rhode Island this year and my income will not be enough to pay for my monthly rent nor will I be able to pay the security deposit and first month's rent. The fees are due soon since I'll be there from December to late August, and I am in serious financial need. Can I transfer my section 8, as I am hoping to get assistance. Thank you,