Anyone know of any grants for making rent? Where can I gett money
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Grants for Rent

Post by Admin »

waltertammy79 wrote:Anyone know of any grants for making rent? Where can I gett money
There are many grants that help with rent, charities, and programs. Salvation Army, United Way, and many more. Here is a good resource to learn more.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _rent.html
JohnsonD

Post by JohnsonD »

I am 25 years old. I am a student that just graduated and I live in Chattanooga, Tennessee. I have not lived here long, but due to a recent crisis situation, I am late on my rent payment and have very little to put towards it. I have found your website very helpful. Please respond with any details about resources in my area asap. Thanks so much for your help, whoever you may be....
Headline

Post by Headline »

Greetings Info Representative,
My husband and I are struggling to survive unemployment in Anaheim, CA. We have worked with The Salvation Army and St. Vincent De Paul, however, we are thousands of dollars behind in rent and if our Landlords weren't Saints, we'd already be homeless with an 11 year old child. Please provide us with any information regarding programs or services in our general Anaheim California area which we can apply to for additional aid.
Thank you and God Bless,
Prop8

Post by Prop8 »

To whom it may concern,
I have a general question, I’m not sure if this is to correct department to contact in regards to this situation but maybe you can direct me to the correct direction, maybe for a grant. I am currently a renter and I am facing eviction for not being able to pay rent. I recently have been between job and currently just been recently hired so I do currently have an income but will not get paid until the next pay cycle (two weeks). The eviction he slated to take place before this time. Is there any emergency rental assistance program that can help and assist me? Please advise, and thank you.
Kellyey

Post by Kellyey »

Good afternoon,
I am a single mother of two children, ages 7 and 4. I would like to request more information on assistance for renting a home in Virginia. I have been struggling with my kids for the past 4 years, as the father of the kids left. I currently don’t know where he is, and I don’t receive any help from him or any of his family members. If there is anything you can help me with, I will really appreciate it as right now we don't have any place to live. I have been renting a room at a Motel for the past month paying $300 a week and it is really wearing me out. I barely have any money left for food and I have to pay daycare for the kids while I am at work.
Please, if you can't help maybe you can direct me to where I can receive help, the motel is not in the best area nor it has the best living conditions.
Thanking you in advance,
BobbyJones

Post by BobbyJones »

Need to come up with $400 for rent by December March, 2014. I recently lost my job and my three young children and I have an apartment. The rent is $600 a month, I've already paid $300 but also owe $100 from last month as well. Please if you can help, I will be back on track next month. Thanks for your consideration.
Kingger

Post by Kingger »

Greetings,
I was inquiring to find help paying my rent. I live in Troy, IL and got this location from the "Rent and Housing Assistance in Illinois" webpage. This is the information that come up from Madison County for applying for a grant.
They tell me they don't know what I'm talking about and that they're a food pantry.
I'm disabled and am unable to sustain work due to severe low back pain. My Doctor has deemed me disabled and I'm currently pursuing my disability benefits. I've been unable to work since September of 2012 and was living on my Wife's income. I'm facing an eviction from my duplex. So far I owe rent for February and now March. I have a Medicaid card and I have applied for food stamps, but am still waiting to hear from the State of IL about my SNAP application. I have about three to five months to go until I see the disability Judge. I've hired a consulting firm and not a Lawyer to help me get my disability benefits.
Is there anyway I can get rental assistance, or apply for low rent housing within my current situation?
Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, we have many other options listed and not just the one. While we keep the Illinois rent programs updated, the agencies do change as well as what they fund. Also, did you ask the agency in Troy for a referral? Also, even if you have back pain, there are many other jobs that can be done. Do a desk job or stand while you work at a "desk" job. Disability barely pays anything, and it sure won't cover a typical rent payment. But if you insist, find help for an eviction in Illinois.
JimmyIven

Post by JimmyIven »

I just recently lost my job due to the branch shutting down and I'm in desperate need of help with my rent. I'm two months behind which is $1200. I haven't received my unemployment yet and I'm getting ready to be evicted. Could someone please help me get a grant? Thank you and God Bless!