Two months rent

Find how to get help with rent
Level
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Two months rent

Post by Level »

I need some help paying rent. I am a month behind because of my job cancelling me a lot one month. It is hard trying to pay 2 months at once. I have a car payment, light bill and landline phone to pay on top of trying to keep food and buy things for my kids for school. I live in Indiana and I don't know what to do or where to go here for help. Can you please help me!
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Two months rent

Post by Admin »

There are some housing and rent programs form Indianapolis and your area. I usually recommend one of the first places someone call is the Catholic Charities, and you have one in Indianapolis (phone number 317.236.1512). They sometimes have cash, and usually always advice.
Another great place to call is the local community action agency, and you have one Community Action of Greater Indianapolis, Inc. (317) 396-1800
These places may not only help with your rent issues, but also may have food assistance and other support for you. Like the lifelink phone program too.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/ind ... y_*.html
Level wrote:I need some help paying rent. I am a month behind because of my job cancelling me a lot one month. It is hard trying to pay 2 months at once. I have a car payment, light bill and landline phone to pay on top of trying to keep food and buy things for my kids for school. I live in Indiana and I don't know what to do or where to go here for help. Can you please help me!
Butterfly1975

Post by Butterfly1975 »

Good morning, I am in need of assistance,help in paying last two months of rent at berkshires homes in Massachusetts. I am a single mother and self employed,times has really been hard for me and trying my best to keep up but time has been flying by.If someone can contact me asap i would gladly appreciate it. I love my apartment and the complex,great school district for my son. Thank you again
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Did you mean Berkshire County in Massachusetts, which includes the Pittsfield area. If so, then here are rent and housing programs for Pittsfield Massachusetts, including the county. That is great that you are in fact working as obviously most people aren't. You can call places like the local community action agency, the Berkshire Community Action Council at (413) 445-4503 for support and advice.
Butterfly1975 wrote:Good morning, I am in need of assistance,help in paying last two months of rent at berkshires homes in Massachusetts. I am a single mother and self employed,times has really been hard for me and trying my best to keep up but time has been flying by.If someone can contact me asap i would gladly appreciate it. I love my apartment and the complex,great school district for my son. Thank you again
Hitit

Post by Hitit »

Hi,
I need emergency rent assistance. I have paid rent for the month of December but I can’t make rent for the month of January or February, so I need two months worth. I have no money for gas, food etc. Could you give me some phone numbers or suggestions on what I can do. I have applied for public housing but I am looking to find out how to apply for section 8 housing. I called Minnesota Metro HRA, they haven’t taken applications for section 8 since 2008. She gave me a different number to call, I tried that number but it was disconnected. Can you help me?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, many section 8 programs do have waiting lists, and it wouldn't surprise us that Minnesota has one too. There are some other section 8 agencies to call in MN though. Maybe their waiting lists will not be as long, or maybe they will have different advise or tips for you. Anyhow the listing of agencies for section 8 in Minnesota can be found here. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/sec ... esota.html

Hitit wrote:Hi,
I need emergency rent assistance. I have paid rent for the month of December but I can’t make rent for the month of January or February, so I need two months worth. I have no money for gas, food etc. Could you give me some phone numbers or suggestions on what I can do. I have applied for public housing but I am looking to find out how to apply for section 8 housing. I called Minnesota Metro HRA, they haven’t taken applications for section 8 since 2008. She gave me a different number to call, I tried that number but it was disconnected. Can you help me?
Gibson1

Post by Gibson1 »

I am currently staying with someone who is on section 8 housing, which only allows for a few days. I am requesting assistance for some type of help with rent so that I may move into some place of my own. I have found an apartment complex, but it will cost $700 to move in. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have tried all other local agencies, but they are all out of funds at this time.
sasolis

Post by sasolis »

Staying with a friend on Section 8 could ultimately hurt them and they could lose their voucher. Call 211 for local resource and peruse the resources on this website. You didn't say if you are employed or not? Keep in mind most places that offer assistance want to know you are working and can support yourself before they provide assistance. Good luck.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well we will admit it is usually very hard to get 2 months worth of rent help. That is costly. You should be thankful that the landlord let the issue go that far and has not evicted you yet. As they have no obligation to wait, even if you have section 8. Here are some suggestions we have for assistance. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _rent.html
So try these. But we think it will be difficult for you.

Gibson1 wrote:I am currently staying with someone who is on section 8 housing, which only allows for a few days. I am requesting assistance for some type of help with rent so that I may move into some place of my own. I have found an apartment complex, but it will cost $700 to move in. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have tried all other local agencies, but they are all out of funds at this time.
WashingtonClev

Post by WashingtonClev »

I really hate to ask but I need help paying my rent for 2 months. I have been hiding from my ex-boyfriend. He was sentenced to prison for the violence he done to me. I have had to quit many of jobs. I don't really have family.
I rented a place in some one house so I have my own personal space. I try to end my life 5 months ago. I have been picking up the pieces to my life. I have a job interview Friday but I am so far behind my landlord said I am going to be evicted. I have no where to go. My grandmother raised me and she is in nursing home now. Do you were or what I should do? Thank you for your time.