low income housing in California

Find how to get help with rent
kimcalcosol

low income housing in California

Post by kimcalcosol »

Where do I go to learn more about low income housing and apartments. Apartment rents are so high, and my income is low, and I need help with housing.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: low income housing in California

Post by Admin »

kimcalcosol wrote:Where do I go to learn more about low income housing and apartments. Apartment rents are so high, and my income is low, and I need help with housing.
Here is a list of Affordable housing and Rentals in California. The California department of housing is one of the best places to go

http://www.hcd.ca.gov/fa/affrdble-housng.html
Greeny

Post by Greeny »

Hello.
I am a disabled veteran who is receiving section 8 in Glendale California. The other week a neighbor of mine was faced with eviction. They needed a place to go for the time being. That was two weeks ago. Now they are disable and receive government funds for that. They now can't get a place because of their rental history. I can not have them here to much longer. I need help in getting these people emergency housing.
Ptbull11

Post by Ptbull11 »

Hello, I am a single mother of 2 children and a victim of domestic violence. I moved out of Washington State to California because of that and am now a student at The Art Institute of California. I live in south LA in a low income apartment and am struggling to pay my rent this month.

I have had to return my kids presents just to pay my car payment so I can get to school. The only income I receive is from my kids fathers death benefits and that barely helps. I have been through every help site, Salvation army and 211 and no one seems to have any help for me. I have contacted section 8 which is no longer open. I am writing this to find out if there is anyone who knows where I can get help with housing for this month so I don’t loose my home for my kids that I have been working so hard to keep. Thank you, bless you and happy holidays to all.
Pullo

Post by Pullo »

To whom it may concern -
I have been referred to your agency by a friend living at the YMCA Evanston. He has recently used your services and was satisfied.
I need help with back rent for my apartment. I lost my job in October 2013 and found a new FT position in January 2014 which I am still working. However, I got behind 3 months ($2625.00) on my rent and have been paying back $300-$400 a week in addition to my current rent which is $850.00/mo (all utilities included) since August 2014 but this leaves me with no funds left for anything else but dental and phone bills. I do not live a life of luxury. I have no cable, internet, or car, just a cheap Cricket phone and a heap of bills from last year.
I was able to get one month of housing help from JCFS in Skokie March 2014 but I am still struggling. I could really use another month to get caught up and live a normal life by buying groceries and a Ventra Card for transportation.
I also need assistance with dental and oral surgery bills. Due to sporadic employment over the last 5 years, I have had to let my medical and dental problems go completely. Once I got the new job in January 2014, it was necessary for me to have massive dental work, oral surgery, antibiotic prescriptions and pain medication to alleviate infections, cracked teeth, cavities and missing fillings/crowns. I still need removal of an impacted wisdom tooth causing major paiand but cannot afford this. I have been paying my dentist $200/month since January 2014, however, my bill is still $1400.00. My dentist has been doing temporary fixes to get me through but I will still need permanent fillings and crowns. Some of the temporaries have fallen off due to my lack of funds to have them permanently fixed. This is not good since doing the work several times to hold me over is costing more than getting it done right the first time.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are some programs in the Sacramento area. They can be found here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... using.html
While they may not be able to pay you any back rent, then maybe be able to get you into a new apartment. This will be more affordable then where the person came from. So maybe they can get out of the YMCA they have been living in, and get into a new place.
As far as your other list of needs, check with a local social service agency.
Pullo wrote:To whom it may concern -
I have been referred to your agency by a friend living at the YMCA Evanston. He has recently used your services and was satisfied.
I need help with back rent for my apartment. I lost my job in October 2013 and found a new FT position in January 2014 which I am still working. However, I got behind 3 months ($2625.00) on my rent and have been paying back $300-$400 a week in addition to my current rent which is $850.00/mo (all utilities included) since August 2014 but this leaves me with no funds left for anything else but dental and phone bills. I do not live a life of luxury. I have no cable, internet, or car, just a cheap Cricket phone and a heap of bills from last year.
I was able to get one month of housing help from JCFS in Skokie March 2014 but I am still struggling. I could really use another month to get caught up and live a normal life by buying groceries and a Ventra Card for transportation.
I also need assistance with dental and oral surgery bills. Due to sporadic employment over the last 5 years, I have had to let my medical and dental problems go completely. Once I got the new job in January 2014, it was necessary for me to have massive dental work, oral surgery, antibiotic prescriptions and pain medication to alleviate infections, cracked teeth, cavities and missing fillings/crowns. I still need removal of an impacted wisdom tooth causing major paiand but cannot afford this. I have been paying my dentist $200/month since January 2014, however, my bill is still $1400.00. My dentist has been doing temporary fixes to get me through but I will still need permanent fillings and crowns. Some of the temporaries have fallen off due to my lack of funds to have them permanently fixed. This is not good since doing the work several times to hold me over is costing more than getting it done right the first time.