Please Help!!

Find how to get help with rent
ameco9
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Please Help!!

Post by ameco9 »

My husband left me and our three small children shortly after moving to this new city. I was a stay-home-mom for many years. I went back to work after he left, but was quickly let go due to my inconsistency in making it on time or being able to make it there at all, because there is no one to keep my children. I have no family here, they are all on the other side of the country. I can't afford child care and definitely can't depend on the few people I've met since we moved here:(
Long story short; I'm 3 months behind on rent and have utilities bills (shut off notices) that are through the roof. I've called local churches that are all out of funding. I contacted all housing assistance services and they aren't even accepting applications for another 18-24 months!?
I got an eviction notice today and we have 10 days to either get caught up or be out. I am completely lost and have no clue what else to do in such a short amount of time. I am losing sight of the light at the end of this tunnel!!
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Please Help!!

Post by Admin »

What city? Without knowing that I can't direct you to specifies.
However try this link, and you should be able to find your county/city.
Usually there are more options than just churches. Numerous other non-profits are located in most parts of the county that do have funding. But I do agree funding is limited and you just need to keep calling people. Most of those government programs do have waiting lists.
When calling around also be sure to ask about the federal government homeless prevention and rapid rehousing program. It was created from stimulus funds.
ameco9 wrote:My husband left me and our three small children shortly after moving to this new city. I was a stay-home-mom for many years. I went back to work after he left, but was quickly let go due to my inconsistency in making it on time or being able to make it there at all, because there is no one to keep my children. I have no family here, they are all on the other side of the country. I can't afford child care and definitely can't depend on the few people I've met since we moved here:(
Long story short; I'm 3 months behind on rent and have utilities bills (shut off notices) that are through the roof. I've called local churches that are all out of funding. I contacted all housing assistance services and they aren't even accepting applications for another 18-24 months!?
I got an eviction notice today and we have 10 days to either get caught up or be out. I am completely lost and have no clue what else to do in such a short amount of time. I am losing sight of the light at the end of this tunnel!!
Prop8

Post by Prop8 »

Hi I’m 65 years old. I am a sick woman with two pace makers in my heart with cholesterol diabetic hypertension problem. I also have physical pain back pain, chest pain all the time ...doing housekeeping with two daughters and 2 grand daughters a grandson and 9 months baby. We have 7 people in total in 1 bedrooms apartment. I am wondering if I can get help paying a bigger place to stay cause we can't afford paying first last and deposit and 1,800 ... For a 4 bedrooms ... I would appreciate to have a feedback from you folks and thanks. God Bless
Pillsbury

Post by Pillsbury »

My husband has not walked in 7 years and due to circumstances beyond our control, we still owe $475 for this month's rent. All of my local agencies in Seattle have no funds for this month and we will be facing eviction. I don't know where else to turn for help. There is no one I an borrow from and my church cannot help either. I have been without a car for a year and a half and push my husband everywhere in his wheelchair. We are both nearing our 50's. I just need help this month and am rapidly running out of options.
Chanelle

Post by Chanelle »

I would like to know what needs to be done in order for me to get rent assistance. I am a couple days away from getting evicted. I am a single mom and a month ago I was diagnosed with pneumonia.
I've been working with DWS but still short. I've been trying CAP but haven't gotten a response and this is the only place that I have to shelter my 2 girls.
My lease is up next month but I please need help with my March rent. Please let me know what I can do on my part and if you are able to help me. Please and thank you have a nice day.