Need to get into an apartment

Find how to get help with rent
hulcomb
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Need to get into an apartment

Post by hulcomb »

My mother is a 59 yr. old widow of a military veteran. She is now disabled due to an injury at work. She has worked her whole life and has taken care of her family(ME). She just got evicted from the trailer park where she owned her own mobile home. She was evicted for reasons that are extremely obsurd. She is truly a victim. I recently moved to Nevada so I am no longer able to be there to take care of her. She is now living on the streets with her 2 cats in her car. She receives V.a. benefits and survivors benefits but she needs assistance getting into an apartment. Do you have any help or any info for her??? Thank you
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need to get into an apartment

Post by Admin »

Have you looked into the Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing Program? This may be able to provide rent assistance for veterans, widows, and immediate family members. Here is more information on the option.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/vet ... _rent.html
In addition, go to the nav bar on the left margin, state aid programs, and look for your state. This will direct you to local assistance housing programs.
hulcomb wrote:My mother is a 59 yr. old widow of a military veteran. She is now disabled due to an injury at work. She has worked her whole life and has taken care of her family(ME). She just got evicted from the trailer park where she owned her own mobile home. She was evicted for reasons that are extremely obsurd. She is truly a victim. I recently moved to Nevada so I am no longer able to be there to take care of her. She is now living on the streets with her 2 cats in her car. She receives V.a. benefits and survivors benefits but she needs assistance getting into an apartment. Do you have any help or any info for her??? Thank you
BAMurdoch

Post by BAMurdoch »

I was an applicant of ssi since 2005 finally July 2011 i finally started receiving ssi in the amount of 674 per month. Since 2008 I have been homeless due to no income due to my health. I have C.O.P.D. Last December 2010, my Dr. had told me i have 3-5 years longer if i get suitable housing to get proper care. My significant other is my care taker for when my health is really bad, so now that i have my ssi payments, food stamps, and medical, i really need a place to live before winter. please help me. Sincerely,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

if you live in Kansas you definitely need to find an apartment or home before the cold winter months, which are unfortunately getting all too close for all of us. It is good you have some income from SSI, food stamps, etc. but you do need to get back on track yourself. Find the Kansas assistance programs for housing, rent, and other government aid from Kansas too.
BAMurdoch wrote:I was an applicant of ssi since 2005 finally July 2011 i finally started receiving ssi in the amount of 674 per month. Since 2008 I have been homeless due to no income due to my health. I have C.O.P.D. Last December 2010, my Dr. had told me i have 3-5 years longer if i get suitable housing to get proper care. My significant other is my care taker for when my health is really bad, so now that i have my ssi payments, food stamps, and medical, i really need a place to live before winter. please help me. Sincerely,
Yankee_fan

Post by Yankee_fan »

My son, husband and I need a place to live. We currently live at my in-laws, however, we are about to be kicked out. I am a college student and my husband is a truck driver. We do not make enough money to move out on our own but we make too much for most places to help us. I don't want my family on the street. Can you help me find a place to live?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We can't help you find a place, but we can provide you information on who may. Here is a listing of various rent assistance programs. Some are for college students too. Why would you in laws kick you out to be homeless too. Sounds kind of extreme and not right at all. Why can't they give you time to find another place to live.
Yankee_fan wrote:My son, husband and I need a place to live. We currently live at my in-laws, however, we are about to be kicked out. I am a college student and my husband is a truck driver. We do not make enough money to move out on our own but we make too much for most places to help us. I don't want my family on the street. Can you help me find a place to live?
Pitbull

Post by Pitbull »

I am trying to help my daughter and her child find a rent house, duplex, or apartment in the mid cities, Saginaw Texas area but he has had some financial problems. She has a broken lease on his credit report so a low score, along with an outstanding balance at an apartment where she left and did not clean it up as she had to leave in a hurry due to abuse. She also has a felony on his record from probably 5 years ago. We are not sure if it is still on there. It was for a minor drug possession, and theft. The two apartments where she did live she had excellent payment history, she just had to leave this last one because her boyfriend became verbally abusive to say the least. So boyfriend moved out and left him with the bills, which he couldn't afford on his own. He and his girlfriend are now going to be getting married and are trying to find a place to live, but because of her credit/background check, they are having a difficult time finding anyone that will rent to them. She does have steady employment and a good salary. My husband (her father) could possible cosign on a lease if necessary. They also have a 17 mo old son. Are there any programs that could help her.
Ninab

Post by Ninab »

I am homeless, but just got a job. I am in need of security deposit assistance. The amount of funding needed is 525.00, that can be mailed directly to my landlord. Right now i am sleeping in old cars at a car dealership. I really need help with the security deposit only. This will only be a one time thing, because i will be able to work and maintain a stable job, with the right shelter. This is an emergency situation, so i pray that someone gets back to me ASAP. I am a single mother, I have a 16 yr old daughter that I am trying to support. I just lost my job & what little bit of savings that I had went to fix our car that recently broke down. My last check went to pay bills so that we wouldn't be sitting in the dark. My rent is due & I have no money to pay it. I am actively looking for work. thank you
Tweet

Post by Tweet »

I am 20 years of age and I currently live on my own in Indianapolis with out my parents, and I have recently have been caught up in a situation, I cant afford to pay my rent, nor light bill. I am on the verge of my light being cut off by July,2. Also my rent for July 1, 2012 is due and I do not have it, particle of my June rent is still not together and its close to the end of the month, I am afraid I will be out of a place to live or my light will be shut off if you can provide any assistance for me please contact me as soon as possible, thank you.
SandyAla

Post by SandyAla »

My fiancée and I are trying to get an apartment of our own and we are staying with a couple friends of ours and we need to leave ASAP. We have been staying with them for 4 months now and we have had hard time saving money so we can get our own place. Please help us if possible we are out of options on what to do. Thank you.
Handy1

Post by Handy1 »

I was employed as a live in nanny and my employer is now having to move in the next two weeks which then I will be unemployed and I have a 11 year old daughter with me as well. I have possibly found a place to rent for 650 a month but with the unexpected notice of moving and now no job I don’t have enough time to find a new job nor money to pay rent. I won't until I am able to find a new job and my daughter starts school soon and I need rent help until I can find a job so my kid and I are not on the streets. Is there anything that can help with the short time of notice please?
Zimmer

Post by Zimmer »

Our lease in our very reasonably priced apartment and it is up on 9/30 and not being renewed. I have been looking for an apartment for months and cannot find something we can afford. We are a family of 5 with three small children. My husband has been unemployed for the past 14 months. I make 48,000 a year. My ten year old has special needs and is enrolled in a 504 plan in East Syracuse Schools. Is there anything available to help us find a reasonably priced two bedroom apartment in the area? Please advise. Thanks.
Thomas1

Post by Thomas1 »

I just left a domestic abuse relationship and I am currently 31 weeks pregnant. I am in the transition of trying to find a part time job, but I have found an apartment that is willing to help. The landlord said I needed some extra money to get into the apartment, unfortunately the section 8 voucher will not come into effect for 12 months, and I have temporarily been staying with my parents as a safe haven.
The landlord of the apartment stated that if I can get extra assistance until I find the part time job, I am able to get into the apartment. I am currently on disability, and everywhere I have tried has told me to come back when I make 3 times the amount for the rent, but I have the landlord trying to help and desperately need to get into the apartment as soon as I can since I am expecting in October.
Cory

Post by Cory »

We were referred to you by our apartment manager in Waco Texas South Wind Apartment complex. We are & have been living in a motel for 5 weeks now (myself, my husband & our 5 year old son).
We are both employed & our daughter is in daycare. We were victims of landlord neglect & breach of contract. We were advised by our attorney (who decided not to take our case after all), the McLennan County health department & the GGA – Pest Control inspector. Our health was deteriorating. We moved hoping this motel arrangement would be temporary. We have used all our savings & no one wants to accept our applications for rent. We have been denied by several apartment complexes.
Please assist us. I know we both work and we may be considered low income once you figure in all our bills, child care, school/student loans, child support, medical health coverage, etc.
We are ONLY asking for assistance with our deposit to get into a new apartment. Not moving expenses nor rent. We are interested in the FSS – Family Self-Sufficient program. We aim to stand on our own 2 feet as a family, we just need a little bit of help.