About to be Evicted, Need help soon

Find how to get help with rent
rhmedia
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

About to be Evicted, Need help soon

Post by rhmedia »

Hello, i am a single woman in my mid twenties living in East Charlotte, NC. 7 months ago terminated from my job due to Medical reasons and fighting for unemployment benefits, but I need to find assistance in paying my bills, primarily my rent. I just received a notice today stating that I ow 1200.00 by Friday 2-11-11 to prevent pad locking of my apartment and another $1200 by Mar 5th to be current. I have been able to raise about $600 on my own, but I still need help. I have tried contacting the Victory Christian Center, Goodfellas, Catholic Charities, but none are available. I have exhausted all attempts for a personal loan. My last hope is the Crisis Assistance ministries, but I have to wait to receive my court papers on 2-11-11 in order to qualify as a crisis. i was in the process of being a customer service rep job from home, but a death in the family prevented that from taking place and they would not allow me to finish training. Yes, I am asking you for money. No, I am not promising anything in return other than my gratitude. I am not giving up here because my dream has always been to acheive success from home while trying to help others do the same. i just need a second chance for me and my family. If there are any suggestions on how to get help in my area please let me know or if I can receive legal aid to stop the padlocking from happening at 2-11-11 at 5:00pm to have extra time I would appreciate it as well.

Thanks and God Bless
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: About to be Evicted, Need help soon

Post by Admin »

Those places you called in Charlotte NC are awesome steps that you did. Sometimes non-profits and charities just do not have calls. You need to keep calling and asking. I can't give you money, but can provide you info on more places to call. Many are at this link below.
Places like the Charlotte Area Fund (704) 372-3010
The Charlotte and Mecklenburg Salvation Army (704-324-4731) may be another option.
Some may not have funding, but they may have other phone numbers and places that they can redirect you to for rent and housing help.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/mec ... ance_.html

rhmedia wrote:Hello, i am a single woman in my mid twenties living in East Charlotte, NC. 7 months ago terminated from my job due to Medical reasons and fighting for unemployment benefits, but I need to find assistance in paying my bills, primarily my rent. I just received a notice today stating that I ow 1200.00 by Friday 2-11-11 to prevent pad locking of my apartment and another $1200 by Mar 5th to be current. I have been able to raise about $600 on my own, but I still need help. I have tried contacting the Victory Christian Center, Goodfellas, Catholic Charities, but none are available. I have exhausted all attempts for a personal loan. My last hope is the Crisis Assistance ministries, but I have to wait to receive my court papers on 2-11-11 in order to qualify as a crisis. i was in the process of being a customer service rep job from home, but a death in the family prevented that from taking place and they would not allow me to finish training. Yes, I am asking you for money. No, I am not promising anything in return other than my gratitude. I am not giving up here because my dream has always been to acheive success from home while trying to help others do the same. i just need a second chance for me and my family. If there are any suggestions on how to get help in my area please let me know or if I can receive legal aid to stop the padlocking from happening at 2-11-11 at 5:00pm to have extra time I would appreciate it as well.

Thanks and God Bless
CSheen

Post by CSheen »

My grandfather is an elderly man in his late 70's and is having trouble paying his rent and the owner is close to giving us an eviction notice. I work as well but it is a part time and even with the money i make, we still can't come up with the full amount. need help for my bills, rents. i only have ssi and never work. i have 3 kids. i need move some day and i need govt help me n govt pay rents, bills. i only can pay foods with food stamp and others too. im deaf and use sign language. thank for understood.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Many programs do focus on the elderly, so hopefully your grandfather will have more options then most people. Why don't you work, and send some of that money to your grandfather? Until then, call these Pittsburgh Pennsylvania assistance programs and ask about your options and resource they may have for you. There are places like the Urban League of Pittsburgh (phone number(412) 681-1110) as well as the North Hills Community Outreach (NHCO). This is the local Pittsburgh community action agency that has a number of low income assistance programs.
CSheen wrote:My grandfather is an elderly man in his late 70's and is having trouble paying his rent and the owner is close to giving us an eviction notice. I work as well but it is a part time and even with the money i make, we still can't come up with the full amount. need help for my bills, rents. i only have ssi and never work. i have 3 kids. i need move some day and i need govt help me n govt pay rents, bills. i only can pay foods with food stamp and others too. im deaf and use sign language. thank for understood.
PhilandMatt

Post by PhilandMatt »

I am being evicted again, I was homeless an been unemployed for awhile, due to taking care of my parents an then i ended up in a depression illness an taking lexapro. I was living in my car an in an out of places. I need rent help an electric help. If anyone can call me back let me know..I live in el cajon ca 92019..I am being evicted soon..Can anyone help me..I am very scared..
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is great that were taking care of parent. Find our most extensive listing of rental assistance programs, including from church and federal government.
PhilandMatt wrote:I am being evicted again, I was homeless an been unemployed for awhile, due to taking care of my parents an then i ended up in a depression illness an taking lexapro. I was living in my car an in an out of places. I need rent help an electric help. If anyone can call me back let me know..I live in el cajon ca 92019..I am being evicted soon..Can anyone help me..I am very scared..
MinVicking

Post by MinVicking »

I am married with 3 children ages 8, 4 and 2 . Early this year (2011) my wife and I lost our jobs and were forced to relocate as our apartment in Colorado Springs at the time was part of our compensation for work. We then became homeless and had to use our life savings and tax returns just to stay afloat for the next 6 months. Luckily my wife found full-time work as a retail clerk. We also applied for and receive Colorado county benefits in the form of foodstamps, cash aid, and medical. As this helps tremendously it is just not enough to cover our bills and rent. We spent the last of our money to pay a deposit and rent on a place for our family. During this time I had been obtaining small odd jobs to help make ends meet. We fell short of our goal and had to make a extremely difficult decision to either pay our car payment or the monthly rent. For the children's sake and out of fear of becoming homeless again we couldn't afford our car payment which resulted in a repossession. Now we ARE facing homelessness again as we have no transportation to and from work or to and from school for our kids. My wife currently walks about 1 hours twice a day to get to work adding 2 hours to her work day. The kids and I walk several miles to school and this type of situation is not working for us. We DO NOT want money or a free car or an easy way out, we just need some guidelines to follow for housing help in Colorado Springs or a direction we need to go. We a very afraid of becoming homeless again and losing all that we have worked so hard to preserve. Thank you for your time reading our story, I hope to find some direction and get back on track towards a successful future.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

While we do not know the guidelines to follow as most states are different, we know who may. Find rental assistance in Colorado Springs and the places to call for deposits, first months rent, and general advice and guidelines that you may need. There are a number of low income housing programs, for elderly, working poor, people with kids, and most everyone else too. Call agencies like the Northern Churches Care at 227-7470 or the maybe also try dialing the Eastern El Paso Community Center at 719-347-2976. Both are some of the leading housing non-profits to call in El Paso and Colorado Springs.
MinVicking wrote:I am married with 3 children ages 8, 4 and 2 . Early this year (2011) my wife and I lost our jobs and were forced to relocate as our apartment in Colorado Springs at the time was part of our compensation for work. We then became homeless and had to use our life savings and tax returns just to stay afloat for the next 6 months. Luckily my wife found full-time work as a retail clerk. We also applied for and receive Colorado county benefits in the form of foodstamps, cash aid, and medical. As this helps tremendously it is just not enough to cover our bills and rent. We spent the last of our money to pay a deposit and rent on a place for our family. During this time I had been obtaining small odd jobs to help make ends meet. We fell short of our goal and had to make a extremely difficult decision to either pay our car payment or the monthly rent. For the children's sake and out of fear of becoming homeless again we couldn't afford our car payment which resulted in a repossession. Now we ARE facing homelessness again as we have no transportation to and from work or to and from school for our kids. My wife currently walks about 1 hours twice a day to get to work adding 2 hours to her work day. The kids and I walk several miles to school and this type of situation is not working for us. We DO NOT want money or a free car or an easy way out, we just need some guidelines to follow for housing help in Colorado Springs or a direction we need to go. We a very afraid of becoming homeless again and losing all that we have worked so hard to preserve. Thank you for your time reading our story, I hope to find some direction and get back on track towards a successful future.
FixMac

Post by FixMac »

Hi I am a full time employed wife and mother of 3 children.I work for McDonalds in Buffalo New York. My family and I are in danger of being evicted on the 30th of September and our electricity turned off on the 29 of September. We are currently $2500 behind in rent and $3500 behind in bge.We have 3 children living in our home all belonging to either my husband or myself.Our 4 year old has asthma and needs an electronic nebulizer,our 4 year old is on medication due to seizures and our 11 year
old is disabled.My husband is also receiving ssi due to a disability.Both are sick with medical issues. I have asked for or never received help or assistance before but I do not know how to move beyond this.I am in desperate need of assistance. Thank you
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Call your utility company and see about a payment plan. Who is your utility provider in Buffalo NY? Here is information on agencies to call for rent help in Buffalo. Also try LIHEAP for your energy bills. Some agencies to call include Broadway Fillmore Neighborhood Housing Services Inc. - NHS, which only covers the city itself. Dial (716) 852-3130. Another non-profit is New Venture Housing Program - CAO, and their phone number is (716) 881-6277. Both offer rent and housing programs.
FixMac wrote:Hi I am a full time employed wife and mother of 3 children.I work for McDonalds in Buffalo New York. My family and I are in danger of being evicted on the 30th of September and our electricity turned off on the 29 of September. We are currently $2500 behind in rent and $3500 behind in bge.We have 3 children living in our home all belonging to either my husband or myself.Our 4 year old has asthma and needs an electronic nebulizer,our 4 year old is on medication due to seizures and our 11 year
old is disabled.My husband is also receiving ssi due to a disability.Both are sick with medical issues. I have asked for or never received help or assistance before but I do not know how to move beyond this.I am in desperate need of assistance. Thank you
Goniners

Post by Goniners »

I've had hard times before but this time is really hard on me. I lost my job about 8 weeks ago and haven't been able to find another one. I've applied to many online sites for jobs as well as going and putting in applications. I've called to check on my applications and emailed employers many times. Some companies said that they will be hiring in the near future but I haven't heard anything back from them yet. I've been doing electrical work for 11 years now and I don't understand why its so hard for me. I'm about to be evicted from the place I'm staying in Portland Oregon and I have a 4 year old son to look after. I'm a single parent and he means the world to me. I've already broke down cause I feel like I'm letting my son down and worry I won't be able to give him a good Christmas. I've never applied for help but I would greatly appreciate it now. Ill be more than happy to pay it back cause I know sooner or later ill be hired on somewhere. I'm not wanting a free way out but just a little help please! If anyone will help me I promise ill pay them back asap.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Many people have never applied for help before, so do not feel bad. Most trade skills, like electricians, still are in fairly high demand so it is just a matter of time for you. In the short term, find the Portland Oregon rent assistance programs and opportunities. We have a couple dozen agencies listed, and call them for grants, financial aid, case management, and other support and financial help.
Goniners wrote:I've had hard times before but this time is really hard on me. I lost my job about 8 weeks ago and haven't been able to find another one. I've applied to many online sites for jobs as well as going and putting in applications. I've called to check on my applications and emailed employers many times. Some companies said that they will be hiring in the near future but I haven't heard anything back from them yet. I've been doing electrical work for 11 years now and I don't understand why its so hard for me. I'm about to be evicted from the place I'm staying in Portland Oregon and I have a 4 year old son to look after. I'm a single parent and he means the world to me. I've already broke down cause I feel like I'm letting my son down and worry I won't be able to give him a good Christmas. I've never applied for help but I would greatly appreciate it now. Ill be more than happy to pay it back cause I know sooner or later ill be hired on somewhere. I'm not wanting a free way out but just a little help please! If anyone will help me I promise ill pay them back asap.
TerrelS

Post by TerrelS »

My fiance couldn't find work for several months. We have moved in with family, but have to pay $400 month now, was not made aware of that until recently when a partner moved in (my mothers best friend who is mentally unstable, makes us nervous having our child here). Still owe $375 for rent at last location. 2 months behind on truck payment ($400 combined). We have a 13 month old daughter and i am 22 weeks pregnant now. We would like to move immediately, and prefer to move closer to my fiances job because the distance and gas prices are making it hard for him to get to work, which makes it hard to catch up on debt, take care of our daughter, and pay current bills. If there is ANY programs that you know of that would help we would greatly appreciate it. Thank you so much.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We would say look into many of the New Hampshire section 8 housing programs. Those may be the best option for you at this moment in time. And information on them is on our site. Someone who is pregnant may be able to be prioritized before others, however there more than likely will be some type of waiting list before you can get help from section 8 in NH.
TerrelS wrote:My fiance couldn't find work for several months. We have moved in with family, but have to pay $400 month
now, was not made aware of that until recently when a partner moved in (my mothers best friend who is mentally unstable, makes us nervous having our child here). Still owe $375 for rent at last location. 2 months behind on truck payment ($400 combined). We have a 13 month old daughter and i am 22 weeks pregnant now. We would like to move immediately, and prefer to move closer to my fiances job because the distance and gas prices are making it hard for him to get to work, which makes it hard to catch up on debt, take care of our daughter, and pay current bills. If there is ANY programs that you know of that would help we would greatly appreciate it. Thank you so much.
Midway

Post by Midway »

I'm looking for info on rent assistance in the Bethlehem area. I'm currently 2 months behind on my rent my husband was laid off. I'm working but its to far behind for me to catch up at this point. We just received a letter from our landlord and next is legal action to evicted us. Can you please send me some info for help with rent. I'm in Northampton county Bethlehem PA.