Rapid Rehousing federal rent program

Find how to get help with rent
Thomas
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Rapid Rehousing federal rent program

Post by Thomas »

I'm just wondering how the federal funding is allotted, as I keep hearing 'no funds are available' everytime I call regarding Rapid Rehousing...I am a month behind in rent, and will soon get an eviction notice. I and my kitties have nowhere to go, and with my health, I won't last long on the street. I keep seeing here that one can 'apply' for help, but that's not what happens. One has to keep calling; there is no list to sign up for - nothing. It's hard to keep the calls up when one has to work!
I don't know where to turn. All I do is call, like thousands of others here, and soon, I won't be able to do that, as I also need to pay my phone bill. It just seems to be a lot of gov't red tape, jumping thru hoops, and getting nowhere fast.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Rapid Rehousing federal rent program

Post by Admin »

Looks like you live in Harrisburg Pennsylvania. Yes, you do need to keep calling. Usually the federal funds go to the elderly and disabled low income first, and then to others who have a low income second. They try to take care of the most vulnerable. Calling is the best option, and yes there is red tape as there should be. the government shouldn't just pass out cash and grants to anyone.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/dau ... _prog.html
Thomas wrote:I'm just wondering how the federal funding is allotted, as I keep hearing 'no funds are available' everytime I call regarding Rapid Rehousing...I am a month behind in rent, and will soon get an eviction notice. I and my kitties have nowhere to go, and with my health, I won't last long on the street. I keep seeing here that one can 'apply' for help, but that's not what happens. One has to keep calling; there is no list to sign up for - nothing. It's hard to keep the calls up when one has to work!
I don't know where to turn. All I do is call, like thousands of others here, and soon, I won't be able to do that, as I also need to pay my phone bill. It just seems to be a lot of gov't red tape, jumping thru hoops, and getting nowhere fast.
Bw19

Post by Bw19 »

Well I really need help paying my rent. I have been out of a full time job since Oct 2010 and have been searching for a job. But all I really want is a job so that I can pay my bills myself. So if there's any kind of help, please help me find a job so that I can provide for my daughter and myself. How does the federal rehousing program and grant work? Thank you for your time and God bless you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Maybe try calling your local church. Many give some cash...maybe up to $100...to help pay rent. Also try the Salvation Army, Catholic Charities, and your local community action agency. Call each and every one of these agencies and organizations for financial help for paying your rent.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/chu ... ance_.html
Bw19 wrote:Well I really need help paying my rent. I have been out of a full time job since Oct 2010 and have been searching for a job. But all I really want is a job so that I can pay my bills myself. So if there's any kind of help, please help me find a job so that I can provide for my daughter and myself. How does the federal rehousing program and grant work? Thank you for your time and God bless you.
Momsscolar

Post by Momsscolar »

I need 425 and my rental manager is being kind of upset and i would be grateful if I could get help with my rent, phone bill, and utilities are included like my water, heating, electricity so any agencies in New York City region and help you could give me would be appreciated. I have no family and I'am out of work I'am out of work right now and need some help to pay the rent until I start working again because where I was working is slow but as soon as it gets better I'll start working again and get back on my feet which I expect to be as soon as POSSIBLE.Thank you
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

$425 doesn't seem like much money for NYC rent. Will your apartment manager provide you time, maybe an installment plan? Also explore NEw York City rent assistance programs, agencies, and legal eviction prevention advice and resources. We have information on places like Legal Aid Society (Brooklyn) 718-722-310 as well as the Legal Aid Society (Harlem/CLO) at 212-426-3000.
Momsscolar wrote:I need 425 and my rental manager is being kind of upset and i would be grateful if I could get help with my rent, phone bill, and utilities are included like my water, heating, electricity so any agencies in New York City region and help you could give me would be appreciated. I have no family and I'am out of work I'am out of work right now and need some help to pay the rent until I start working again because where I was working is slow but as soon as it gets better I'll start working again and get back on my feet which I expect to be as soon as POSSIBLE.Thank you
ceueller

Post by ceueller »

Muhlenberg County. I need Rapid Relocation. The property my family resides was auctioned 6/2. New owners want us out by 6/19. I lost my employment and transportation all in 1 week, in mid-May and I am in rural area also behind on KU.
If I were in town, employment would be easier to find. I have 2 children. Please I need to know where I might be able to apply for emergency assistance to rehousing me in a short manner. I have been on Section 8 in the past, about 13 years ago. I am in the waiting period for unemployment and my SNAP case is pending 1 verification. I having trouble with (hopefully resolved this morning).
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Most of the federal grants have been used up. But the HPRP program may still be an option. It can be a form of Rapid Relocation for you and your 2 children. Also you need a job, not just SNAP and other public aid.
ceueller wrote:Muhlenberg County. I need Rapid Relocation.