Financial assistance for rent

Find how to get help with rent
tkbattle
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Financial assistance for rent

Post by tkbattle »

Hello. I noticed a post made by someone in this forum and I wanted to know is there some type of assistance program in New Jersey that would help indivduals pay their rent so as not to get evicted from their homes. My kids' mother lost her job a few months ago and stressed out her unemployment benefits and I am dealing with a criminal record so it is hard for me to find a job in New Jersey. However we are trying the best we can. Is there a program out there that can offer assistance?
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Financial assistance for rent

Post by Admin »

There are many rent assistance programs in New Jersey. Most are offered at the county level, but there are some state programs as well. If you use this link to scroll down and find your county, and a listing of non-profits and charities and government programs in your county will be listed. As well as the phone numbers. Good luck. Housing needs are in high demand these days.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/new ... grams.html
J Sandoval

Post by J Sandoval »

We need help with our rent. We have been late the last two months and we are late in June they will evict us. I am the only one working in my family at this time as my husband lost his job a while back. We have two children ages 4 & 7 and we have no where to go. I will get paid on July 29th but it will not be enough to cover the rent and power bill. My power is already behind and has to be paid in full on the 29th of July as well. I have tried to borrow the money but have no one to borrow from. Please let me know where I can go or what to do before my family is homeless. In the state of Mississippi they can put you out in 3 days. Help please.
ZZTopper

Post by ZZTopper »

I just moved to Southern California and the gap in unemployment was all due to default in the company I work for. I have not worked in the last three weeks and the stress in never ending. My rent of $400 is due on May 1st and I have no money to pay for it. I have always been a self-sufficient person, and am starting training for a job tomorrow but will not get paid for two weeks by them. I am asking for any type of assistance and would be eternally grateful.
Rodriguz

Post by Rodriguz »

I’m in serious need of rent assistance. I 'm currently working but I am currently in between jobs and have not received my first paycheck from my new job. I wont receive that until 9/17/2013. I contacted my local rent assistance agency but they were unable to assist me because I'm renting out a room from someone else, however, we have a lease agreement and I presented that documentation on that matter. I'm doing everything I can not to get evicted but I’m not getting anywhere. CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME! Feel free to contact my at in State-Florida County-Seminole.
JMartin

Post by JMartin »

My boyfriend works out of state so he sends money to help pay the bills, because I recently started school for Cosmetology. I have a beautiful 1 year old daughter and I'm about 10 weeks pregnant. I go to school anywhere from 3 to 5 days a week, starting at 8:30am to 5:15pm, the bills are just piling up. I'm trying my best to make sure it all gets paid but my rent seems to be the 1 bill I keep procrastinating on, and now I'm way behind. I cannot get evicted because we have nowhere else to go. Please, help me find information on rental assistance, I would only need help until I graduate school, because I'll get started on my new career in place of the hours I'm spending attending school.
Cooker

Post by Cooker »

Rental assistance. I live with my son and daughter in law and 3 grandchildren ages 2 to 9 they both lost their jobs in December. We have paid rent up to February but now we no money. They have gone on interviews but no jobs.
I am on disability as I had a tumor removed from my brain stem and have used up all my disability insurance. I can't work yet my muscles are very weak. I have no strength in my arms. I can stand for about 30 minutes. I can't get unemployment because I have to be able to work full time. We need help please.
Kackie

Post by Kackie »

Hello, I am currently behind on rent due to the transfer of my current employee. I have until today to pay my landlord and I am desperately trying to seek emergency financial assistance for this payment. My rent is 600.00 and I am being charged 10.00 per day with late fees. If anyone please can offer me some assistance, I will gladly appreciate it. Again, I am facing eviction and cannot afford to move and will be left homeless.