Homeless Prevention Program

Find how to get help with rent
C14
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Homeless Prevention Program

Post by C14 »

California. My family and I were on the Homeless Prevention Rapid Rehousinghere in Moreno Valley, CA. The program just started when I joined the program and it took about 6 months to get the help we needed. I was at no point informed that the program was a 6 month program, nor did I get any packet explaining the program and all it offered for families in need of help...I'm a single Dad of 5 children and our family just went through a divorce. During that time I was on the program I had basic living utility bills in the amount of $4000 from past bills while we were married that the utility companines stated I had to pay along with my current bills or they will shut our utilities off (Electric, Gas & Water). I'm Blessed to have a employment but I'm working retail so my income is not what it use to be and everyday is a struggle to survive for me and the kids...We are losing our home and facing being homeless...I can't go back on the HPRP because it's once in a life time and so many people are in need, but we are in dyer need of help...PLEASE can you direct to where we can go for assistance into moving in a home. Thanks again for your time and I truly look forward to hearing from you soon...God Bless & Warmest Regards Always
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Homeless Prevention Program

Post by Admin »

Good you took advantage of the stimulus Homeless Prevention Rapid Rehousing Program. To get information on how it works, try calling these places. Community Action Partnership of Riverside County. (951) 955 – 4900. It is limited, and 6 months sounds about right. Of course any program is not never ending. Aid and funding is limited.
Other options can be HUD and Riverside County housing programs. Their phone numbers are as follows. 866- 414-0870 to speak to a non-profit in Riverside.
So of these places may have moving expenses and aid to help defray moving costs.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/riv ... grams.html
C14 wrote:California. My family and I were on the Homeless Prevention Rapid Rehousinghere in Moreno Valley, CA. The program just started when I joined the program and it took about 6 months to get the help we needed. I was at no point informed that the program was a 6 month program, nor did I get any packet explaining the program and all it offered for families in need of help...I'm a single Dad of 5 children and our family just went through a divorce. During that time I was on the program I had basic living utility bills in the amount of $4000 from past bills while we were married that the utility companines stated I had to pay along with my current bills or they will shut our utilities off (Electric, Gas & Water). I'm Blessed to have a employment but I'm working retail so my income is not what it use to be and everyday is a struggle to survive for me and the kids...We are losing our home and facing being homeless...I can't go back on the HPRP because it's once in a life time and so many people are in need, but we are in dyer need of help...PLEASE can you direct to where we can go for assistance into moving in a home. Thanks again for your time and I truly look forward to hearing from you soon...God Bless & Warmest Regards Always
Biden

Post by Biden »

I am in Fairfield County. I have 2 small kids and I just got into an apartment but now I am without a job to be able to pay the rent due on the 1st or the utility bill due before the 26th. idk what to do or where to turn to. my babies know this is only temporary til i can give them better. I have been donating plasma and watching other people's children to get up the money.... I have been without a home before. the last thing I want is my kids to go through the same. If you have any advice ,please. I would greatly appreciate it.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Is that Connecticut? If so, find information on Fairfield CT assistance programs, non-profits, charities, and the community action agency. They may be able to either provide you with direct financial assistance, or guide you to both local and national resources and assistance programs. There are non-profits like CTE, Inc. (which is in Stamford) and can be called at (203) 327-3260. Another option is City of Bridgeport - Health And Social Services which runs the homeless prevention program. Dial (203) 332-3023. Both may offer aid for utilities and housing expenses.
Biden wrote:I am in Fairfield County. I have 2 small kids and I just got into an apartment but now I am without a job to be able to pay the rent due on the 1st or the utility bill due before the 26th. idk what to do or where to turn to. my babies know this is only temporary til i can give them better. I have been donating plasma and watching other people's children to get up the money.... I have been without a home before. the last thing I want is my kids to go through the same. If you have any advice ,please. I would greatly appreciate it.
Ventura

Post by Ventura »

To whom it may concern,
I am seeking information on how I can apply for programs that help with rent payments and prevention of homelessness/evictions. I am 6 months pregnant of my first child and am facing eviction from my apartment due to job loss in October 2011. I am a college grad with a degree in Teaching that is only seeking help until I can get back on my feet after my daughter is born. I am a hard working, very reliable 29 yr old women that is willing to work very hard to get back on my feet like before. At my last job, I was making $21.00/ hr and have good referrals if needed of prior boss and fellow co-workers. If given the chance to get back on my feet, I can assure you that I will succeed in doing so. I need help with paying my backed up rent, 3 months in future rent and utilities until I get a job again. I have applied for Public Assistance but they are stating they can't help because I am only one person right now. I receive from the city $153.00 in food stamp starting Dec. 2011 and that is how I am eating today. It is very hard being a single mother and no one to help me out. Public Assistant and Welfare state they could help after the baby is born. Please help me keep my home so I can have a place to bring my child home in Feb. 2012 when I give birth. Please don't let me become a homeless pregnant mom around Christmas and New Year's time when it is so cold outside. So please provide me with the information needed to apply for this help because as you can see, I am in dyer need of it. Not only for me but for my unborn daughter to have a place to come home to when she is born that is warm. This is my information if you would like to contact me for more information or questions. Thank You for your time and consideration. Merry Xmas and have a Happy New Year!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The Obama administration created, using stimulus dollars, a homeless prevent and rapid rehousing program. It has a main goal of preventing evictions for the low income and people who have some sort of income. In other words it is not a charity housing or rental assistance program. Money can pay for deposits, recurring rent, moving costs, hotel and motel vouchers, and much more. The demand is high, and there may be a waiting list, but it is an option for the low income. Read more on homeless prevention and rapid rehousing, including details on what people can expect from it.
Ventura wrote:To whom it may concern,
I am seeking information on how I can apply for programs that help with rent payments and prevention of homelessness/evictions. I am 6 months pregnant of my first child and am facing eviction from my apartment due to job loss in October 2011. I am a college grad with a degree in Teaching that is only seeking help until I can get back on my feet after my daughter is born. I am a hard working, very reliable 29 yr old women that is willing to work very hard to get back on my feet like before. At my last job, I was making $21.00/ hr and have good referrals if needed of prior boss and fellow co-workers. If given the chance to get back on my feet, I can assure you that I will succeed in doing so. I need help with paying my backed up rent, 3 months in future rent and utilities until I get a job again. I have applied for Public Assistance but they are stating they can't help because I am only one person right now. I receive from the city $153.00 in food stamp starting Dec. 2011 and that is how I am eating today. It is very hard being a single mother and no one to help me out. Public Assistant and Welfare state they could help after the baby is born. Please help me keep my home so I can have a place to bring my child home in Feb. 2012 when I give birth. Please don't let me become a homeless pregnant mom around Christmas and New Year's time when it is so cold outside. So please provide me with the information needed to apply for this help because as you can see, I am in dyer need of it. Not only for me but for my unborn daughter to have a place to come home to when she is born that is warm. This is my information if you would like to contact me for more information or questions. Thank You for your time and consideration. Merry Xmas and have a Happy New Year!
Mikey1

Post by Mikey1 »

I'm a single mother, facing eviction in Gaston County NC.....i lost my job and cant find another one. I've put in job applications two counties over...with no luck. Times are tough here in NC, with high unemployment and most of friends are out of work too. I'm 4 months behind on my rent and facing homelessness....my rent man wants to sell me this place for 8000 dollars, and the rent is 550....please help me...Either the money to buy the place, or maybe the money for the rent. Either way.
Commodi

Post by Commodi »

I don’t know what kind of help you offer but the help I’m looking for is help with rent or moving out of the place I am staying in. It is a really small one bedroom and its infested with rats, mice, water bugs, small roaches and all types of insects such as ants the apartment is not in the best condition for me and my two daughter. One is 15 still in school and the other one is 6 years old. My front door has been kick in more than once and now my front door doesn’t lock and the front door to the building doesn’t lock also the intercom doesn’t work either hasn’t since 2010. Since I moved in I can’t really go nowhere without someone watching my place since I couldn’t lock the door and I been unemployed for 6 months. My job lay me off because I didn’t agree with them stating that I wasn’t able to get maternity leave and that I would have to leave with payment and then come back to work in 3 months there reason was because I didn’t make 1250 hours during 2012. Mind you 2012 was fairly a new year and they were cutting peoples hours like crazy so now I’m stuck. I can’t pay my portion of the rent which is $150 but the place I live in is now too much to afford so that’s why I need to move its $1140 and not worth it. My program was paying $750 but my baby is not on the program thing so I have to go back but there only offering $850 for three people I’m behind on $1050 my program is FEPS and I don’t know if this program would let me move even though. They state that the only way you can move is if you can’t afford your share of the rent or the apartment is in bad condition which is my both reasons I've been in the family shelter twice already and still haven’t receive housing which I been on the list since I was 18 I’m 36 now housing would of really been better cause I wouldn’t have to pay light just rent. Anyway I really want to know what kind of help you provide.
LindaBurke

Post by LindaBurke »

Good Morning:
My state is Indiana. I received my last state unemployment payment on Monday, July 15, 2013. The State unemployment office has given me misinformation on filing for federal emergency unemployment, subsequently, that information has disrupted that avenue.
As of today, I have no income and the state unemployment office could not tell me how long it would take to correct the error. My rent is due September 1, 2013. Late fees will be added on September 6, 2013. Eviction is filed on September 15, 2013. I am a single mother with a 6 year old son. I lost my job to layoff on April 2012 of last year. I would like to find out if I qualify for assistance from the Homeless Prevention and Rapid Rehousing Program. Thank you for your assistance.
Lodging

Post by Lodging »

I lost my job and couldn't find work for a month. I got a job and started catching up, but I fell down the front steps and broke my knee and can't work for up to 3 months. I get no unemployment and have no disability insurance. I am only behind for January rent but my landlord already took me to the magistrate and I have 10 days or I'm evicted. I also have an 18 month old daughter that I support on my own. I will have no where to go if I get evicted. My parents can't help me because they literally live paycheck to paycheck as well.
Pullo

Post by Pullo »

I have recently lost my job and need rent assistance. I have tried calling the phone numbers listed on this website for my county (Paulding) to stop from being homeless, with no avail. My husband is disabled, has recently had major surgery, and I have 4 children in my home ages 3 through 13. I need help! I have been seeking work since I lost my job and had 1 interview. This was weeks ago. I don't know what else to do. I don't have anyone else to ask. Please, help me find someone that CAN help me! Thank you for your time.
Trader

Post by Trader »

I live in Tiffin, OH (44883). I am looking for assistance paying my rent. Your website says that WSOS is the organization that distributes money for The Homeless Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing Program for Seneca county. I contacted them and they say they are offering no assistance with rent or housing. Maybe they shouldn't be listed on your site? I've tried all the local organizations to no avail. I don't know where else to turn. The Homeless Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing Program sounded like it would be the ideal assistance for my situation. Is there any assistance that you can provide?
Gamrakein

Post by Gamrakein »

I am behind on my rent because my landlord let me move in and pay my security deposit slowly. Unfortunately, my financial situation has worsened because I had a medical emergency that is keeping me from working for 6 to 8 weeks. I am behind $1000 from security deposit and 400 from half my rent and do not want to be homeless.
Bobbie13

Post by Bobbie13 »

I'm in need of some financial assistance for homeless prevention. I live in Fort Worth, Texas. My rent is due and I've contacted agencies about the matter and there weren't any funds available. I really need help. I'm a mother of three without employment for now but I'm looking.
Cuban Ted

Post by Cuban Ted »

Hello, I need assistance like yesterday with rent to prevent eviction. I am a single parent of 4 young children and I have tried every program that I was referred to only to be turned away. I really need this assistance and I do not receive any other aid or housing resources of any kind.
I would like to see if I could maybe use the HPRP program on a temp basis until I can get back on my feet. Please assist me I do not understand why is it that I can't receive any help as a tax payer when I really need it, and I am trying to help myself. Thank you.